Global Warming and what you can do to against it

Old January 1st 10, 08:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Eric Stevens

Default Global Warming and what you can do to against it

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 16:48:48 -0500, "Neil Harrington"
wrote:

--- snip ----

Actually, back in the late 50's or early 60's, US gov't climatologists
were raising the first concerns about GW _due to human activity_.

By the mid-'70s they were warning of a new ice age. If climatologists are
going to keep changing their minds every two or three decades, in each case
warning of catastrophic results if some horrendously costly remedies are not
immediately put in place before the event, alternatively to prevent cooling
and to prevent warming, I think their warnings should be taken with some
healthy skepticism.

Back in the late 1940s, when I was still a schoolboy, I remember
reading in Science Digest of the concerns that the planet was on the
verge of entering another ice age.

Eric Stevens
Old January 1st 10, 08:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
MC[_3_]

wrote:

--- snip ----

Actually, back in the late 50's or early 60's, US gov't

climatologists were raising the first concerns about GW _due to
human activity_.

By the mid-'70s they were warning of a new ice age. If
climatologists are going to keep changing their minds every two or
three decades, in each case warning of catastrophic results if some
horrendously costly remedies are not immediately put in place
before the event, alternatively to prevent cooling and to prevent
warming, I think their warnings should be taken with some healthy
skepticism.

Back in the late 1940s, when I was still a schoolboy, I remember
reading in Science Digest of the concerns that the planet was on the
verge of entering another ice age.

The earth always tends warm before plunging into a cold spell. So we
may well be.

MC
Old January 2nd 10, 03:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Neil Harrington[_4_]

wrote:

--- snip ----

Actually, back in the late 50's or early 60's, US gov't climatologists
were raising the first concerns about GW _due to human activity_.

By the mid-'70s they were warning of a new ice age. If climatologists are
going to keep changing their minds every two or three decades, in each
case
warning of catastrophic results if some horrendously costly remedies are
not
immediately put in place before the event, alternatively to prevent
cooling
and to prevent warming, I think their warnings should be taken with some
healthy skepticism.

Back in the late 1940s, when I was still a schoolboy, I remember
reading in Science Digest of the concerns that the planet was on the
verge of entering another ice age.

They do seem to keep going back and forth. Predicting another ice age in the
'40s, global warming in the '50s and '60s, another ice age again in the
'70s, global warming again in the '80s . . .