Went looking for a crime scene...

Old April 8th 09, 06:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dudley Hanks[_2_]

Default Went looking for a crime scene...

"Dudley Hanks" wrote in message news:...
But, they wouldn't take my camera...

Crime Scene:
http://www.photography.dudley-hanks....e-bw-small.jpg
(BW, quick loading)
http://www.photography.dudley-hanks....meScene-bw.jpg (BW,
full size)
http://www.photography.dudley-hanks....lour-small.jpg
(colour, quick loading)
http://www.photography.dudley-hanks....ene-colour.jpg
(colour, full size)
http://www.photography.dudley-hanks....CrimeScene.cr2 (original
RAW)

Guess they just want to play with high end models...

Take Care,
Dudley

BTW, 1/12 second, hand held. Any camera shake?

Take Care,
Dudley

Old April 8th 09, 07:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Troy Piggins[_25_]

* Dudley Hanks wrote :
* Dudley Hanks wrote :

But, they wouldn't take my camera...

Crime Scene:
http://www.photography.dudley-hanks....e-bw-small.jpg
(BW, quick loading)
http://www.photography.dudley-hanks....meScene-bw.jpg (BW,
full size)
http://www.photography.dudley-hanks....lour-small.jpg
(colour, quick loading)
http://www.photography.dudley-hanks....ene-colour.jpg
(colour, full size)
http://www.photography.dudley-hanks....CrimeScene.cr2 (original
RAW)

Guess they just want to play with high end models...

BTW, 1/12 second, hand held. Any camera shake?

Little bit, but not a significant amount.

What was the crime scene? To the right of frame? Might have
been more apparent if you could have moved to the left and shot
looking back to the right a little more? I like the way you got
one cop writing a ticket or report or something on the boot of
the far police car. Shows some action or story. But it looks
like there's more action to be seen right of frame.

Also, I wouldn't post the original RAW files publicly available.
That's like handing someone your negatives. Probably not a
problem, but if copyright issues ever crop up it'd be easier to
argue if you could produce the only RAW file

--
Troy Piggins
Old April 8th 09, 07:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dudley Hanks[_2_]

"Troy Piggins" wrote in message
* Dudley Hanks wrote :
* Dudley Hanks wrote :

[...]

Thanks for the comments, Troy.

I was just leaving the mall, and I had to work my way through a bit of a
throng at the entrance. I asked what was happening, and was told somebody
got busted.

I crossed the street, and just decided to see how my camera would capture
the car lights, etc, so I took a few shots in quick succession from the left
to the right. My daughter said this was the best one.

RAW files, thanks for the tip. I haven't taken anything really good
yet, close maybe, but not REALLY good. If I do, I'll keep the RAW's to
myself.

Take Care,
Dudley

Old April 8th 09, 09:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

Dudley Hanks wrote:
"Dudley Hanks" wrote in message news:...
But, they wouldn't take my camera...

Crime Scene:
http://www.photography.dudley-hanks....e-bw-small.jpg
(BW, quick loading)
http://www.photography.dudley-hanks....meScene-bw.jpg (BW,
full size)
http://www.photography.dudley-hanks....lour-small.jpg
(colour, quick loading)
http://www.photography.dudley-hanks....ene-colour.jpg
(colour, full size)
http://www.photography.dudley-hanks....CrimeScene.cr2 (original
RAW)

Guess they just want to play with high end models...

Take Care,
Dudley

BTW, 1/12 second, hand held. Any camera shake?

Take Care,
Dudley

Yes, some, and LOTS of noise.
Old April 8th 09, 08:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dudley Hanks[_2_]

But, they wouldn't take my camera...

Crime Scene:
http://www.photography.dudley-hanks....e-bw-small.jpg
(BW, quick loading)
http://www.photography.dudley-hanks....meScene-bw.jpg (BW,
full size)
http://www.photography.dudley-hanks....lour-small.jpg
(colour, quick loading)
http://www.photography.dudley-hanks....ene-colour.jpg
(colour, full size)
http://www.photography.dudley-hanks....CrimeScene.cr2 (original
RAW)

Guess they just want to play with high end models...

Take Care,
Dudley

BTW, 1/12 second, hand held. Any camera shake?

Take Care,
Dudley

Yes, some, and LOTS of noise.

With a longish exposure, at a high ISO (1600), and noise reduction turned
off, I'm not surprised...

Take Care,
Dudley