Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Old April 2nd 18, 03:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.apps
nospam

Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

In article , Ragnusen Ultred
wrote:

it also won't run on recent versions of windows either.

adobe took the activation servers offline because there were no new
customers.

*As always nospam is just guessing (again).*

no he isn't.

To wit, AI CS2 (version 12.0.0) worked just fine, as did Photoshop 9.0 in
quick tests today on the latest 64-bit Windows 10 Creator's Edition 1709.

what's missing from your claim are the hoops you jumped through to get
it to run, and just because you claim to not have encountered any
problems *yet* doesn't mean you won't in the future.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2124370
CS2 didnt even work properly on Windows Vista, especially if its a
64 bit version.
I'm in the process of trying John's suggestions - again.* I don't
hold out for much success.* We had run CS2 successfully on Windows 7,
but the upgrade to Windows 10 killed us.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/..._10-other_sett
ings-winpc/windows-10-is-not-compatible-with-adobe/de9dc28d-7c33-447b-93
19-e1d80bd43c85
I just installed*Adobe illustrator CS2, and I found that windows 10
is not fully*compatible with the type tool, the font cannot be
changed. *do anyone also have this problem?
Old April 2nd 18, 04:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

On 4/1/2018 10:39 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Apr 1, 2018, Ron C wrote
(in ):

On 4/1/2018 9:56 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Apr 1, 2018, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In , Ragnusen Ultred
wrote:

Luckily for you, in this case you guessed correctly

i don't guess.

I see the cross post has been dropped.

Um, there weren't ever any cross posts in this thread
branch.

Check the last responses from Eric Stevens, and my response to him in this
thread just a little earlier today.

Can't say the same for other branches.
Note: I set a filter to detect and tag cross posts.
It makes life in usenet a bit less bothersome.

Yup! he made an OP without the cross post to start the thread on 3/28/2018,
and his next post to this thread at 7:27 PM, right after your response
returns to the cross post.

For what it's worth, here's what I'm seeing.
[Cross postings are tagged with an X]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/48hspudu34...n%20shot-1.jpg

Nothing to/from Eric Stevens in that sub-thread.
--

Later...
Ron C

Old April 2nd 18, 04:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

On 4/1/2018 11:28 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Apr 1, 2018, Ron C wrote
(in ):

wrote:

Luckily for you, in this case you guessed correctly

i don't guess.

I see the cross post has been dropped.
Um, there weren't ever any cross posts in this thread
branch.

Check the last responses from Eric Stevens, and my response to him in this
thread just a little earlier today.

Can't say the same for other branches.
Note: I set a filter to detect and tag cross posts.
It makes life in usenet a bit less bothersome.

Yup! he made an OP without the cross post to start the thread on 3/28/2018,
and his next post to this thread at 7:27 PM, right after your response
returns to the cross post.

For what it's worth, here's what I'm seeing.
[Cross postings are tagged with an X]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/48hspudu34wtnq6/Screen%20shot-1.jpg

Nothing to/from Eric Stevens in that sub-thread.

Strange, what I see in the screenshot you posted were several Eric Stevens
posts tagged with ZzzzX.

I hadnt tagged crossposts in Hogwasher, and here are the contributions to
the threadthat I see.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahqj28s6slc4a38/screenshot_286.png

Old April 2nd 18, 04:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ragnusen Ultred

Am Sun, 01 Apr 2018 22:45:11 -0400, schrieb nospam:

what's missing from your claim are the hoops you jumped through to get
it to run,

*Again, you just make everything up, nospam.*
_Hence, you're right no more than is the monkey looking for his bananas._

I realize nopsam is always purposefully unhelpful and that he plays his
incessant silly childish games, but there must be adults on this newsgroup
so I will patiently summarize what the adults on the Windows newsgroup
suggested to test whether Adobe Illustrator could read the PDF with fonts
(it can't) and then how to easily overcome that limitation.

*Tested today on the latest 64-bit Windows 10 Pro, version 1709.*

1. Download, unzip, and install Adobe Illustrator, version 12.0.0.
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/4948-adobe-creative-suite-free.html

2. Open the PDF file to swap the default 1 font to Roadgeek 2005 Series B
http://i.cubeupload.com/M873ot.gif

3. The next step is to print to vinyl at a size of 12x18 inches.
https://u.cubeupload.com/Ma3cnk.gif

If there are adults on this r.p.d newsgroup, may I ask two related
questions (given that I don't have a Mac & I don't have a vinyl-cutout
printer)

Q1: Do you think the ai-format file saved from Adobe Illustrator version
12.0.0 on Windows will be readable by a current version of Mac Adobe
Illustrator?

Q2: Do you know Adobe Illustrator well enough to suggest what steps are
necessary (if any) to print to a vinyl-cutout printer?

--
Please: If you're going to act like a child in responding, just do us all a
favor and don't respond as this question is an on-topic valid question for
Old April 2nd 18, 04:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Ragnusen Ultred
wrote:

Q1: Do you think the ai-format file saved from Adobe Illustrator version
12.0.0 on Windows will be readable by a current version of Mac Adobe
Illustrator?

that's already been answered.

Q2: Do you know Adobe Illustrator well enough to suggest what steps are
necessary (if any) to print to a vinyl-cutout printer?

yes i do.
Old April 2nd 18, 04:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

wrote:

[...]

The section I highlighted in yellow is the SUB-thread you were
responding to. There are no direct links to any cross posted sub-threads
in that section. Just follow the thread link lines in my screen shot.
--
==
Later...

Old April 2nd 18, 05:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Apr 1, 2018, Ron C wrote
(in ):

wrote:

[...]

That’s OK, just so you are aware that the “poster with many nyms” will
cross post to disrupt whenever he can, and Eric responded to one of those
cross posts, leaving the OP to wonder where Eric had come from. Eric isn’t
one to lurk in comp.sys.mac.apps.

Savageduck

Old April 2nd 18, 06:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ragnusen Ultred

Am Sun, 01 Apr 2018 21:19:10 -0700, schrieb Savageduck:

Thats OK, just so you are aware that the poster with many nyms will
cross post to disrupt whenever he can, and Eric responded to one of those
cross posts, leaving the OP to wonder where Eric had come from. Eric isnt
one to lurk in comp.sys.mac.apps.

*Savageduck proves yet again he possesses the mind of a child.*

His own statements prove, beyond any doubt, that Savageduck can't
comprehend that someone would want privacy from header aggregators on the
Internet, where I never hide who I am.

Remember, none of this silly childish crap happens on the *adult*
newsgroups, where I post as frequently, and perhaps even more so, than the
groups that contain the Apple Bigots such as Savageduck always proves
himself to be.

Neither Savageduck, nor nospam, nor anyone else who knows me (as I've been
on Usenet for decades), can't tell in the first sentence who I am, simply
because I don't hide it (and I don't even try).

_Savageduck's own statements *prove* that he has the mind of a child!_

Savageduck can only comprehend the chitchat model on Usenet, which is what
he uses, while I use the Q&A model, which is completely different.

For Savageducks' chitchat model (which many people use), he posts
essentially 95% to other people's threads and only 5% to his own, since
that's what defines the chitchat model.

For the Q&A model, (which I use), I post 95% to threads I opened, and only
5% (if that) to other people's threads, since I'm asking a question and
only seeking the answer (which I always summarize so that the tribal
knowledge is leveraged to all).

BTW, speaking of that, whom do you think *created* the URL for this ng?
http://tinyurl.com/rec-photo-digital

Do you think Savageduck created it?
HINT: He didn't. I did. Years ago. So long ago, it could be a decade for
all I remember. And everyone has leveraged it ever since. Just for like the
iOS, Android, Windows, Linux, etc., newsgroups.

Did Savageduck do *anything* like that for the team?
Hell no. It wouldn't occur to him to do work to help everyone else.

*Back to the Q&A Usenet model that Savageduck so naively decries.*

In the chitchat model that Savageduck uses, WHO you are is far more
important that WHAT you write. That's simply becuase you chit and chat
almost withoutj thinking. You don't prove anything. You don't have to. It's
just idle chitchat (some people call it the "coffeeshop" model).

In the Q&A model that Savageduck *repeatedly* proves he can't possibly
comprehend, WHAT you write is far more important thaN WHO you are.

All that matters in the Q&A model are two things:
1. The subject line
2. The body

That's all you need to ask a question, and then receive answers, and then
test all the viable answers, and to respond to all viable concerns, and
then to summarize the results, where we (almost) *always* solve the
technical problem.

I've been on Usenet for decades, where I've had to explain this to
Savageduck time and again, where Savageduck has the racist attitude that
many people have, which I summarize, pointedly as....

Savageduck thinks as if all Blacks are hoodlums; Savageduck thinks as if
all Jews are greedy; Savageduck thinks as if all Italians are in the mafia;
Savageduck thinks as if all Germans are racist, Savageduck thinks as if all
women are sluts; Savageduck thinks as if all teachers are pedophiles, etc.

The point is to make it clear, yet again, for the umpteenth time to
Savageduck that merely being black doesn't make you a hoodlum; merely being
Jewish doesn't make you greedy; merely being Italian doesn't make you a
mobster; etc.

And merely wanting privacy doesn't make you a troll.

I have had to explain this to Savageduck so many times, that I realized,
years ago, that Savageuck is completely incapable of *comprehending*
anything that adults normally comprehend.

Savageduck clearly exhibits the mind of the classic racists, in that he
accuses people of being what they're not, simply becuase they desire
privacy from automatic header aggregators.

Remember, *none* of this childish crap that Savageduck and the other Apple
Bigots do happens on the adult newsgroups that don't have these Apple
posters on them.

It's only the half-dozen Apple Bigots, where I've already proven many times
that Savageduck is one of them. Sadly to say.

Hence...
*Savageduck yet again proves he possesses the mind of a child.*
Old April 2nd 18, 07:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Apr 1, 2018, Ragnusen Ultred wrote
(in article ):

Am Sun, 01 Apr 2018 21:19:10 -0700, schrieb Savageduck:

That�s OK, just so you are aware that the �poster with many nyms� will
cross post to disrupt whenever he can, and Eric responded to one of those
cross posts, leaving the OP to wonder where Eric had come from. Eric isn�t
one to lurk in comp.sys.mac.apps.

*Savageduck proves yet again he possesses the mind of a child.*

Rant snipped.

....and there the ‘poster with many nyms’ goes with his typical insulting
diatribe.

I attempted to give him the benefit of doubt with my first response to his
original query in this thread (the second one I believe), and he certainly
did not respond to that because it did not suit him to do so.

So the time has come to KF himin r.p.d. as I have done in the Mac, and iOS
NGs, where I only see his psychotic musings in the responses of others.

Savageduck

Old April 2nd 18, 07:50 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Your Name[_2_]

On 2018-04-02 02:04:49 +0000, dorayme said:
In article ,
nospam wrote:

Bananas are readily available but they are not generally free. That is
why it can be misleading to say they are freely available.

bananas are not software

Another person to be added to the list of all who don't understand
analogies. The pitfalls of being too literal minded!

With the spreading of banana disease, bananas may not be readily
available much longer.