Batteries

Old December 10th 04, 02:13 PM
JimmySchmittsLovesChocolateMilk

"apsman" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am sure there are parents out the trying to learn about cameras that
they are buying for X-mas! I have some advice for you because this is
what happened to me about a month ago when i bought my parents a
camera! Ask Questions Lots of Questions! The big question before you
walk out the door is what kind of Batteries does the camera take. If it
take AAA or AA batteries DO NOT DO NOT buy those cheap Heavy Duty
Batteries! I went to my grocery store and bought the "Heavy Duty"
Batteries and they lasted for a total of 20 pictures! I had to buy new
batteries the next day! But this time I bought Alkaline Batteries! The
Alkaline Batteries have lasted over 50 pictures and still going strong!
So the Heavy Duty batteries are not heavy duty!!!! Dont fall for the
name!

get 2 sets of quality rechargeables and you will never buy batteries for a
long time.

Old December 10th 04, 05:53 PM
PeterL

"apsman" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am sure there are parents out the trying to learn about cameras that
they are buying for X-mas! I have some advice for you because this is
what happened to me about a month ago when i bought my parents a
camera! Ask Questions Lots of Questions! The big question before you
walk out the door is what kind of Batteries does the camera take. If it
take AAA or AA batteries DO NOT DO NOT buy those cheap Heavy Duty
Batteries! I went to my grocery store and bought the "Heavy Duty"
Batteries and they lasted for a total of 20 pictures! I had to buy new
batteries the next day! But this time I bought Alkaline Batteries! The
Alkaline Batteries have lasted over 50 pictures and still going strong!
So the Heavy Duty batteries are not heavy duty!!!! Dont fall for the
name!

It's like buying coffee at your local Starbucks. The smallest size is
"tall". Well, it ain't tall at all. So the same advice goes for everything
you buy (batteries, cars, cameras, even houses). Don't believe the name.

Old December 10th 04, 07:19 PM
Joseph Meehan

apsman wrote:
I am sure there are parents out the trying to learn about cameras that
they are buying for X-mas! I have some advice for you because this is
what happened to me about a month ago when i bought my parents a
camera! Ask Questions Lots of Questions! The big question before you
walk out the door is what kind of Batteries does the camera take. If
it take AAA or AA batteries DO NOT DO NOT buy those cheap Heavy Duty
Batteries! I went to my grocery store and bought the "Heavy Duty"
Batteries and they lasted for a total of 20 pictures! I had to buy new
batteries the next day! But this time I bought Alkaline Batteries! The
Alkaline Batteries have lasted over 50 pictures and still going
strong! So the Heavy Duty batteries are not heavy duty!!!! Dont fall
for the name!

Buy rechargeable Li batteries and you will get far more shoots per
charge than you now get per set of batteries.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Old December 10th 04, 07:58 PM
Ron Hunter

apsman wrote:
I am sure there are parents out the trying to learn about cameras that
they are buying for X-mas! I have some advice for you because this is
what happened to me about a month ago when i bought my parents a
camera! Ask Questions Lots of Questions! The big question before you
walk out the door is what kind of Batteries does the camera take. If it
take AAA or AA batteries DO NOT DO NOT buy those cheap Heavy Duty
Batteries! I went to my grocery store and bought the "Heavy Duty"
Batteries and they lasted for a total of 20 pictures! I had to buy new
batteries the next day! But this time I bought Alkaline Batteries! The
Alkaline Batteries have lasted over 50 pictures and still going strong!
So the Heavy Duty batteries are not heavy duty!!!! Dont fall for the
name!

Well, try READING THE MANUAL. I am sure it will recommend NIMH
rechargeable batteries, which will probably last for 200 pictures per
charge, and can be recharged 500 times. They only cost about twice what
good alkalines cost.