Laughable Apple watch ads: Urban millenial D.B's that only ever see LARGE buttons on the watch

Old May 31st 15, 01:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Laughable Apple watch ads: Urban millenial D.B's that only ever see LARGE buttons on the watch

In article , PeterN
wrote:

It is my understanding that the Apple Watch is fully operative only when
used with a nearby i-phone.

currently, yes, and android wear watches require an android phone.

so what?

the first cellular phone required a car. it was large and had to be
installed in the trunk. over the years it got smaller and more capable.

Nope. I had that. It was an anolog, not cellular phone. I had a portable
version that was about the size of a WWII walkie talkie.

that doesn't change anything.

the point is that technology advances and although smar****ches need a
smartphone now, they won't in the future.

you're actually agreeing with me.

If you are right, you are right. The fact is that cell phones did not
require a car.

initially they did.

Early analog phones did.

early cellphones were analog.
Old May 31st 15, 01:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 5/30/2015 8:38 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

It is my understanding that the Apple Watch is fully operative only when
used with a nearby i-phone.

currently, yes, and android wear watches require an android phone.

so what?

the first cellular phone required a car. it was large and had to be
installed in the trunk. over the years it got smaller and more capable.

Nope. I had that. It was an anolog, not cellular phone. I had a portable
version that was about the size of a WWII walkie talkie.

that doesn't change anything.

the point is that technology advances and although smar****ches need a
smartphone now, they won't in the future.

you're actually agreeing with me.

If you are right, you are right. The fact is that cell phones did not
require a car.

initially they did.

Proof?

--
PeterN
Old May 31st 15, 02:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

[...]

car phones in the 1980s.

candybar, flip and now smartphones have become the standard.

prior to cellular were mts/imts phones, usually in cars but also in
briefcases, however, those haven't worked in a very long time. there
were only a handful of channels for an entire city and waiting lists to
be able to use one.

not that any of that matters. as usual, you're moving the goalposts.

the point is that technology advances and smar****ches of the future
won't need a paired phone. there's even one now that doesn't (it has a
phone built into the watch) but it's very big and not particularly
good.
Old May 31st 15, 03:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 5/30/2015 9:11 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

[...]

You made a statement about early carphones being sellular. Where is the
proof?

--
PeterN
Old May 31st 15, 06:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

wrote:

It is my understanding that the Apple Watch is fully operative only when
used with a nearby i-phone.

currently, yes, and android wear watches require an android phone.

so what?

the first cellular phone required a car. it was large and had to be
installed in the trunk. over the years it got smaller and more capable.

Nope. I had that. It was an anolog, not cellular phone. I had a portable
version that was about the size of a WWII walkie talkie.

that doesn't change anything.

the point is that technology advances and although smar****ches need a
smartphone now, they won't in the future.

you're actually agreeing with me.

If you are right, you are right. The fact is that cell phones did not
require a car.

initially they did.

Proof?

I have no physical proof today, but in my 1984 Suburban I installed ~1986-7
a Motorola Cell phone. It consisted of a chorded receiver that sat upon a
stand on the floorboard right of the driver on the "hump" in the middle.
That unit was physically attached to another "box" about the size of a LA
Yellow Pages of a similar time. And the antenna was permanently affixed to
the roof of the vehicle. That was a TRUE "Car Cell phone" - because it would
not work if removed. Also, the Lease was for three years at a thousand a
year, but I needed it, in my line of work at the time.

Old May 31st 15, 07:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

wrote:

[...]

I had one, but it was analog, not cellular.
Don't confuse cellular with portable.

--
PeterN

Old May 31st 15, 08:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

My first non-landline phone was a car phone similar to what you've
described. The next one was a "bag phone"; one that required carrying
a bag with it. I think the bag just contained the battery, but I
really don't remember.

it contained the battery and radio.

The next one was a Motorola "brick". I had to keep a spare battery in
the car that was being charged when the other one was in the phone.

battery life was not good on early handhelds (less than a day standby
time), thus the bagphone model which also had a higher transmit power
(1.2w versus 0.6w).

Then followed smaller phones, flip phones, and other phones. Each new
phone had a better battery, but it was cheaper to get a new phone than
to buy a replacement battery. Each phone was smaller.

that's why an internal battery doesn't matter. people replace the
entire phone.

Now I have an iPhone that is larger than the other phones, but the
charge lasts longer. Other people seem to be going up in size, rather
than down in size. Some of the phones I see now are almost the size
of a spiral stenographer's notebook.

smartphones have to be bigger because they do a lot more than a flip
phone ever could.

I predict that phone design will affect the design of woman's jeans.
Most women seem to keep their phone in the hip pocket of their jeans,
but the pockets won't be large enough to contain the new phones.
Future jeans will have pockets the size of overall pockets or a
designated phone pocket.

such clothes already exist and not for just women. there are even pants
with ipad size pockets.

one advantage of a smar****ch is you don't need pockets. women's
clothing tends to have little to no pockets and they usually keep their
phone in a purse, so with a watch, they can still see who is calling or
texting on the wrist and then go get the phone if needed.
Old May 31st 15, 08:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

I have no physical proof today, but in my 1984 Suburban I installed ~1986-7
a Motorola Cell phone. It consisted of a chorded receiver that sat upon a
stand on the floorboard right of the driver on the "hump" in the middle.
That unit was physically attached to another "box" about the size of a LA
Yellow Pages of a similar time. And the antenna was permanently affixed to
the roof of the vehicle. That was a TRUE "Car Cell phone" - because it would
not work if removed. Also, the Lease was for three years at a thousand a
year, but I needed it, in my line of work at the time.

I had one, but it was analog, not cellular.

you're very confused.

what you had then was an analog cellular mobile phone. what you have
now is a digital cellular mobile phone.

cellular defines the arrangement of radio towers and can be analog or
digital.

analog has long been shuttered, but when it was active, cell sites
supported both analog *and* digital standards, as did many phones at
the time.

Don't confuse cellular with portable.

don't confuse analog/digital with cellular/noncellular.
Old May 31st 15, 08:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 31, 2015, PeterN wrote
(in ):

wrote:
On 5/30/2015 8:38 PM, nospam wrote:
In , PeterN
wrote:

[...]

Don’t confuse analog with digital. Also don’t confuse portable wireless
with cellular, those are two very different concepts and systems.

My first portable cell phone was a GTE (pre-Verizon) Nokia brick all analog
and it served me well.

Then I bought my first Mercedes a used 560SEL
In my 560SEL I had a hard installed Alpine cell system which came with the
car. That was also analog. Then the world changed and all cellular systems
went digital, hand sets got smaller and integrated Blue Tooth made life
easier in all my subsequent cars.

Savageduck