Have you bought your grossly overpriced, battery-sucking Apple toy watch?

Old April 11th 15, 04:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Have you bought your grossly overpriced, battery-sucking Apple toy watch?

In article ,
Rich A wrote:

A silly thing, a little electronic screen, so you can squint even harder.
Imagine a watch that needs a new battery charge every day!!!

just like almost every other smar****ch.

people normally take off their watch at night, so it's not a big deal.
Old April 11th 15, 04:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo

On 04/10/2015 10:20 PM, nospam wrote:
In article ,
Rich A wrote:

A silly thing, a little electronic screen, so you can squint even harder.
Imagine a watch that needs a new battery charge every day!!!

just like almost every other smar****ch.

people normally take off their watch at night, so it's not a big deal.

/sarcasm/

I think the $17,000 watch is a bit expensive, probably have to settle
for the $12,000 model

/end of sarcasm/

I have a $17 watch that somehow manages to keep time ...
as to the other functions:

Right I'm going to pay money to squint at some infinitesimal display.

Old April 11th 15, 05:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 10 Apr 2015 23:20:24 -0400, nospam

Rich A wrote:

A silly thing, a little electronic screen, so you can squint even harder.
Imagine a watch that needs a new battery charge every day!!!

just like almost every other smar****ch.

people normally take off their watch at night, so it's not a big deal.

I don't even take off my Seiko in the shower
http://chronograph.com/store/catalog...s/SNJ009P1.jpg

Eric Stevens
Old April 11th 15, 05:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , philo
wrote:

/sarcasm/

I think the $17,000 watch is a bit expensive, probably have to settle
for the $12,000 model

/end of sarcasm/

it's a gold watch. gold watches can easily be much higher than that.

here's a gold watch for $144k, and you even get 10% off your first
purchase from overstock. don't let this one slip by. it's not every day
you can save $14k on a single purchase.
http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Wat...ssique-Grande-
Complication-Tourbillion-Messidor-Watch/4705921/product.html

or maybe you prefer something with more classic styling for $71.5k (and
don't forget the 10% discount):
http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Wat...5-Portuguese-M
inute-Repeater-White-Gold-Watch/4874646/product.html

if you prefer platinum, here's a nice rolex for just over $60k:
http://www.amazon.com/Rolex-Cosmogra...16506IBLSO/dp/
B00ML5AGRY

or perhaps this gold watch for just under $40k?
http://www.amazon.com/Hublot-Power-C...ograph/dp/B00A
HY9ERO/
Old April 11th 15, 05:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I don't even take off my Seiko in the shower

the apple watch can be worn in the shower and has a water resistance
rating of ipx7, which is immersion up to 1m of water.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code
Old April 11th 15, 08:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , philo wrote:

I have a $17 watch that somehow manages to keep time ... as to the
other functions:

Right I'm going to pay money to squint at some infinitesimal
display.

So, how large is your $17 watch if the apple watch is "infinitesimal"?

Is this your watch:

http://watchesinmovies.info/img/f/TopSecret_2.jpg

The watch face of the Apple Watch isn't smaller than any other watch, if anything
- it's probably slightly bigger. But if a normal watch makes you squint, perhaps
glasses is the first order of business?

--
Sandman
Old April 11th 15, 11:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Rich A wrote:

A silly thing, a little electronic screen, so you can squint even harder.
Imagine a watch that needs a new battery charge every day!!!

just like almost every other smar****ch.

people normally take off their watch at night, so it's not a big deal.

No, in fact, it was being contrasted by others against smart watches that go
a week or so on a charge.

nope. only the pebble goes a week because it uses an e-ink display.

android wear watches such as the moto 360 last about a day, not
significantly different than the apple watch.

scroll to specs,
http://moto360.motorola.com/
Enjoy battery life that lasts all day. Then just place Moto 360 on
its charging dock at night. While your watch is charging it displays
the time, which makes the dock perfect for bedside tables and
desktops.
Old April 11th 15, 11:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Rich A wrote:

For the $12k, lets hope greedy Apple provides sapphire crystal instead of crappy "gorilla glass."

let's hope you get a clue.
Old April 11th 15, 12:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo

On 04/10/2015 11:10 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , philo
wrote:

[...]

My $17 watch is an antique gold , LeCoultre

slightly similar to this over priced item

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Wat...8/product.html

I bought it at a pawn shop in 1971 and it may very well be worth $20 by now
Old April 11th 15, 04:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , nospam wrote:

In article ,

Rich A:
A silly thing, a little electronic screen, so you can squint
even harder. Imagine a watch that needs a new battery charge
every day!!!

nospam:
just like almost every other smar****ch.

people normally take off their watch at night, so it's not a big
deal.

Rich A:
No, in fact, it was being contrasted by others against smart
watches that go a week or so on a charge.

nope. only the pebble goes a week because it uses an e-ink display.

android wear watches such as the moto 360 last about a day, not
significantly different than the apple watch.

scroll to specs, http://moto360.motorola.com Enjoy battery life
that lasts all day. Then just place Moto 360 on its charging dock
at night. While your watch is charging it displays the time, which
makes the dock perfect for bedside tables and desktops.

Same with the Samsung Gear. But the Samsung Gear 2 have up to three days battery
life.

I charge my iPhone every night. While it can last two days without a charge, it
has become a routine to do it nightly

--
Sandman