interesting ebay experience

Old March 27th 05, 05:37 AM
Art

Default interesting ebay experience

Lots of you buy on ebay and although most of my transactions have gone well
I was screwed last November. The guy came up with tons of excuses and
because he had perfect feedback of over 100 I let the Paypal and ebay
insurance dates slide. Never got my item. Well even though you let both
dates slide, you can file a complaint with paypal and you can follow the
links on ebay to a national database that reports internet fraud to local
police. I thought it was a waste of time but I filled out the online form.
Would you believe after a few months I get a call from the Chief of Police
of this small town in New Hampshire saying he will contact the guy and he
happens to know him. Just got my paypal receipt for a refund. I plan to
send the bucks to a the officer's favorite local charity. I had already
written off the money and it was just the principle of the thing.

Old March 27th 05, 06:11 AM
Stacey

Art wrote:

[...]

I had something like this happen. I electronically filed an "internet fraud"
report on a company that screwed me on an EBAY deal. After months of
unanswered e-mails etc. a week later my item shows up with an apology email
from the company asking to see if I was -now- happy?!
--

Stacey
Old March 27th 05, 01:19 PM
Gregory Blank

In article . net,
"Art" wrote:

Lots of you buy on ebay and although most of my transactions have gone well
I was screwed last November. The guy came up with tons of excuses and
because he had perfect feedback of over 100 I let the Paypal and ebay
insurance dates slide.

I don't see how 100% feedback correlates to "letting my insurance slide"
the two are independent.

Never got my item. Well even though you let both
dates slide, you can file a complaint with paypal and you can follow the
links on ebay to a national database that reports internet fraud to local
police. I thought it was a waste of time but I filled out the online form.
Would you believe after a few months I get a call from the Chief of Police
of this small town in New Hampshire saying he will contact the guy and he
happens to know him. Just got my paypal receipt for a refund. I plan to
send the bucks to a the officer's favorite local charity. I had already
written off the money and it was just the principle of the thing.

Its a good story with a happy ending. I like those but how many don't
turn out so? One must stay optimistic Thank you.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918
Old March 27th 05, 11:19 PM
McLeod

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 04:37:27 GMT, "Art"
wrote:

Lots of you buy on ebay and although most of my transactions have gone well
I was screwed last November. The guy came up with tons of excuses and
because he had perfect feedback of over 100 I let the Paypal and ebay
insurance dates slide. Never got my item. Well even though you let both
dates slide, you can file a complaint with paypal and you can follow the
links on ebay to a national database that reports internet fraud to local
police. I thought it was a waste of time but I filled out the online form.
Would you believe after a few months I get a call from the Chief of Police
of this small town in New Hampshire saying he will contact the guy and he
happens to know him. Just got my paypal receipt for a refund. I plan to
send the bucks to a the officer's favorite local charity. I had already
written off the money and it was just the principle of the thing.

I had a similiar problem. A guy in Las Vegas was selling a neon sign
on ebay that I wanted. After I won and paid him he never sent it or
answered his emails. Ebay contacted the person, he said he would pay
me back but 3 months later he still hadn't and he wouldn't answer any
e-mails from me. I sent an e-mail to the Attorney General's office
for the state of Nevada, they wrote me bck for details, and a week
later I had the money in my hand. Just because E-bay can be
ineffective, it doesn't mean there aren't still steps you can take.

Old April 4th 05, 06:28 PM
humanoid

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 04:37:27 +0000, Art wrote:

Would you believe after a few months I get a call from the Chief of Police
of this small town in New Hampshire saying he will contact the guy and he
happens to know him. Just got my paypal receipt for a refund. I plan to
send the bucks to a the officer's favorite local charity. I had already
written off the money and it was just the principle of the thing.

I'm glad you had a good ending to your eBay hassle. I think some local PDs
are becoming wise to the concept of internet commerce and the unfortunate
bits of fraud that accompany it.

Any experience with myPixmania? Provoke Digital Photography 0 January 21st 05 12:33 AM
rec.photo.misc Ebay SPAM ENDING TODAY First Edition of "Paris" by John Russell, 42 Photograph me General Equipment For Sale 0 December 29th 04 06:46 PM
[VENDO/SELL] Ebay SPAM Tony Spadaro In The Darkroom 0 March 26th 04 11:08 PM
ebay scam Boo In The Darkroom 24 March 14th 04 07:44 PM
Canon "Eyes of EOS" multimedia CD on eBay Gary Nougues General Equipment For Sale 1 September 25th 03 03:23 AM