Memory Card for Nikon D50?

Old June 12th 16, 08:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

Default Memory Card for Nikon D50?

Looking for some gifts for a cousin who inherited a D50 and flash. He
has been taking terrible photos with an Android phone due to lack of a
proper flash. Among the things I want to buy him are a couple of memory
cards.

Does the D50 use standard SD cards?

Is there a limit to the card capacity that the D50 can handle?

TIA!

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old June 12th 16, 08:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Davoud
wrote:

Looking for some gifts for a cousin who inherited a D50 and flash. He
has been taking terrible photos with an Android phone due to lack of a
proper flash. Among the things I want to buy him are a couple of memory
cards.

Does the D50 use standard SD cards?

yes, and only sd cards, not sdhc/sdxc cards.

Is there a limit to the card capacity that the D50 can handle?

2 gig.
Old June 12th 16, 09:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

Is there a limit to the card capacity that the D50 can handle?

Yes. One GB cards work, and 2GB cards works, but 4GB or larger cards
won't.

since you brought it up, saying 4 gig cards won't work is technically
false.

you wouldn't want to say things that are false, now would you?

2 gig is the limit without jumping through any hoops.

if you can find a 4 gig sd card (which was exceedingly difficult 10
years ago and just about impossible now) *and* format it outside of the
camera, it will work, but it's not worth the trouble since 2 gig cards
are easy to find and cheap.
Old June 12th 16, 10:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

Is there a limit to the card capacity that the D50 can handle?

Yes. One GB cards work, and 2GB cards works, but 4GB or larger cards
won't.

since you brought it up, saying 4 gig cards won't work is technically
false.

you wouldn't want to say things that are false, now would you?

2 gig is the limit without jumping through any hoops.

if you can find a 4 gig sd card (which was exceedingly difficult 10
years ago and just about impossible now) *and* format it outside of the
camera, it will work, but it's not worth the trouble since 2 gig cards
are easy to find and cheap.

Any chance you'd spend your typing time contributing something useful?

i did, in another post a bit before your post.

If the question from the OP had been "Will 4GB cards work in a D50?",
your answer might have been useful. Not as the question, and my
reply, were posed though.

i already responded to the original post.

i was responding to what *you* wrote, where you said 4 gig cards won't
work.

that's not correct. some 4g cards will work, although finding one that
does will be difficult.

you argue over absolutes so you get to deal with it when you make
sweeping claims.

But, then, you are here to argue, not contribute useful information.
We know that.

as usual, it's the other way around.

what i wrote was useful information. *you* are here to argue.

you could have written, "i didn't know that some 4 gig cards worked, i
learned something new today." but you didn't. instead, you argued.
Old June 13th 16, 05:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Davoud wrote:

since you brought it up, saying 4 gig cards won't work is technically
false.
2 gig is the limit without jumping through any hoops.

You and Mr. Cooper effectively answered my question. Thanks to you both.

any time.

I don't see why it was necessary to then continue with the "technically" and
"jump through hoops" bit and the argumentativeness.

the reason is because the person in question has an extensive history
of arguing over every little detail i say, whether it's relevant or
not, so i chose to dish it right back.

The aim is to enable my
cousin to take decent family photos without unnecessary technicalities and
jumping through hoops.

that's why i originally said 2 gig.

however, you're not the only person reading this. others might not mind
jumping through hoops, especially if they have a compatible card.

It is no wonder that you are in my kill-file (which is
why I have taken the unusual measure of answering via Google Groups).

your loss.