Nikon's DSLR issues, how to avoid them. Maybe.

Old March 23rd 13, 09:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

Default Nikon's DSLR issues, how to avoid them. Maybe.

On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 09:26:35 -0700 (PDT), RichA wrote:
: On Mar 20, 6:33*am, Bowser wrote:
: On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 23:05:03 -0700 (PDT), RichA
: wrote:
:
: On Mar 19, 7:24 am, Bowser wrote:
: On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 21:47:39 -0700 (PDT), RichA
: wrote:
:
: http://photographylife.com/nikon-qua...marketing-gone...
:
: Or just buy Canon?
:
: I was going to suggest that, but I haven't followed Canon much so I
: don't know if they have any QC issues.
:
: Not on their latest bodies. While some users complain about the
: features, or lack of them (mostly on the 6D), the cameras have been
: problem free, save for very minor issues which are corrected via
: firmware. The last two Nikons have been disappointing. AF issues and
: spots are things that aren't so easily fixed. And Nikon's resistance
: to acknowledge the issues is frustrating. For Nikon users. Not so much
: for me.
:
: In the long run, Nikon is stupid not to acknowledge their problems.
: This may avoid having to do expensive general recalls, but consumers
: will react and desert the brand, much as they did faulty American cars
: in the 80's.

In the fullness of time, Nikon will get their mind right, and Canon will have
another fiasco. And vice-versa. The two companies need each other, and we need
them both. They constitute one of the few remaining examples of how
competitive capitalism is supposed to work.

Bob