Apple Support Communities

Old March 23rd 18, 01:45 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
gtr

Default Apple Support Communities

On 2018-03-22 23:04:18 +0000, Ant said:

In comp.sys.mac.apps David B. wrote:
On 22/03/2018 01:35, Ant wrote:
In comp.sys.mac.apps David B. wrote:
On 20/03/2018 18:54, Ant wrote:
Once in a while. It would be nice if we had official Apple in there too.
I use these newgroups, Apple's official forums, and Reddit's.

My understanding is that the 'moderation' of the ASC *is* carried out by
Apple employees and that they will sometimes also contribute to a thread
(showing an apple logo alongside their name to identify themselves).

I'm not really familiar with Reddit. Do you enjoy it there?

Yes. I read http://reddit.com/r/apple, http://reddit.com/r/ios,
http://reddit.com/r/mac,
http://reddit.com/r/macos, etc. for Apple ones.

Thank you. :-) I will explore later.

I have /tried/ to help others, but it's not always easy!

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8317699

Yup. Technical support isn't easy.

That's one reason why I am so gratefully appreciative of it here.
Truly obscure things I can't find a scent of in discussion.apple.com
can be dispatched here in a matter of from a few hours to a couple of
days.

Old March 23rd 18, 09:16 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
David B.[_2_]

On 20/03/2018 18:54, Ant wrote:
[...]

You are absolutely right! :-)

I'm going to quote now!

"There are no Anti-virus software packages out there that will not screw
up your Mac, generate false alarms about things that do not exist, and
generally cause havoc with your machine.

DO NOT INSTALL AV SOFTWARE ON YOUR MAC - IT'S NOT A PC."

Ref: https://discussions.apple.com/messag...23456#33186524

What are the thoughts of folk reading here on these groups?

Does *anyone* use the product detailed here? https://www.clamxav.com

--
David B.

Old March 24th 18, 03:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ant

On 20/03/2018 18:54, Ant wrote:
Once in a while. It would be nice if we had official Apple in there too.
I use these newgroups, Apple's official forums, and Reddit's.

My understanding is that the 'moderation' of the ASC *is* carried out by
Apple employees and that they will sometimes also contribute to a thread
(showing an apple logo alongside their name to identify themselves).

I'm not really familiar with Reddit. Do you enjoy it there?

Yes. I read http://reddit.com/r/apple, http://reddit.com/r/ios, http://reddit.com/r/mac,
http://reddit.com/r/macos, etc. for Apple ones.

Thank you. :-) I will explore later.

I have /tried/ to help others, but it's not always easy!

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8317699

Yup. Technical support isn't easy.

Don't you just switch it off and back on again ;-)

Sometimes.
--
Quote of the Week: "For example, the tiny ant, a creature of great
industry, drags with its mouth whatever it can, and adds it to the heap
| |o o| | ing, then please kindly use Ant nickname and URL/link.
\ _ /
( )