digital cameras ( zooming options ) ?

Old October 29th 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default digital cameras ( zooming options ) ?

I am looking for digital camera , doesnt have to be new ..

that can effectively zoom in on details such as pores etc on flowers
and give me good quality of picture ( professional )

I dont know if this is possible cheap but I am not well versed in
traditional cameras so im sort of looking for a short cut for producing
good interesting photos that capture the eye for some artwork..

thanks

Old October 29th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Charles Schuler

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am looking for digital camera , doesnt have to be new ..

that can effectively zoom in on details such as pores etc on flowers
and give me good quality of picture ( professional )

I dont know if this is possible cheap but I am not well versed in
traditional cameras so im sort of looking for a short cut for producing
good interesting photos that capture the eye for some artwork..

I'll recommend a used Canon DSLR (lots of them for sale and they are very
decent) and a macro lens.

Old October 29th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Haar

On 2006/10/29 3:14 PM, "
wrote:

I am looking for digital camera , doesnt have to be new ..

that can effectively zoom in on details such as pores etc on flowers
and give me good quality of picture ( professional )

I dont know if this is possible cheap but I am not well versed in
traditional cameras so im sort of looking for a short cut for producing
good interesting photos that capture the eye for some artwork..

It is difficult to answer without more information. What do you mean by
"professional"? I am having trouble understanding what you want when you
combine that with the comment about "cheap." True professional quality
equipment is not going to be cheap.

However, if what you want is good quality with the flexibility and room for
growing your technical skills, then you have a number of options. Look for
a reasonable quality pro-sumer (i.e. Mid-range price) DSLR. If you want to
save money, look for a model that has recently been replaced by a newer
version and buy a used one. Invest in a good quality macro lens.

I would suggest a combination like a Nikon D70 with a Nikon 60 mm macro. A
100 mm macro lens would be better but the cost goes up. Other manufacturers
offer similar combinations.

Old October 30th 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Robert Haar wrote:
On 2006/10/29 3:14 PM, "
wrote:

[...]

how much is the macro .. i had scout on ebay for the lens but if its
the same megapixles as the fujii and the fujii already has x6 zoom then
wouldnt it be better ?

Old October 30th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Just to be clearer

I am essentially not looking to take moving pictures ..
I am looking to take pictures in low light and heard fujii was best for
this
Zoom in is important so x6 or 7 would be good
need something powerful enough that will translate well into poster
size if need
movie recording is not as important as quality if pics unless its a
bonues feature

wrote:

Old October 30th 06, 10:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Roy G

wrote in message
oups.com...
why is it so much cheaper than the others if it has same megapixels ?

Stewy wrote:
In article

Why would you expect Stewy to know that??

Does he work for Fuji??

Roy G

Old October 30th 06, 01:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Stewy

In article .com,
wrote:

why is it so much cheaper than the others if it has same megapixels ?

Stewy wrote:
In article .com,
wrote:

I am looking for digital camera , doesnt have to be new ..

that can effectively zoom in on details such as pores etc on flowers
and give me good quality of picture ( professional )

I dont know if this is possible cheap but I am not well versed in
traditional cameras so im sort of looking for a short cut for producing
good interesting photos that capture the eye for some artwork..

Take a look at the Fuji S7000. The macro lens will let you get within a
centimeter of the flower and the 6 megapixel picture (12 if you let it
interpolate) should mean you can crop without losing much detail.

It has a 6x zoom (35-210 equiv) which is as much as you need most of the
time. There are add-on lenses for wide-angle and telephoto.

It is not a true DSLR. The lens is not removable (however this means no
problems with dust on the sensor). Also the DSLRs wont allow you to
frame the picture with the screen and generally has an optical
viewfinder. DSLRs require a substantial investment at the beginning and
as you're unfamiliar with many cameras, I'd advise buying the cheaper
camera first and the going for a DSLR later if you feel the expense (and
bulk and weight) is worthwhile.

The Fuji S9100/9600 is similar except the zoom/focus ring works better
and it's 9 megapixel.