Take the Photo Fix Challenge

Old August 9th 06, 09:00 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,free.uk.photographic.equipment.digital,free.uk.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.marketplace.digital
Digital Photography Now

Default Take the Photo Fix Challenge

If you fancy a bit of fun turning a drab snapshot into something more
interesting, fun or dramatic, why no have a go at the DPNow.com Photo Fix
Challenge?

It's all explained he

http://dpnow.com/2880.html

Digital Photography Now
http://dpnow.com

Old August 9th 06, 10:39 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,free.uk.photographic.equipment.digital,free.uk.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.marketplace.digital
DaveG

Sometime on Wed, 09 Aug 2006 09:00:53 +0000, Digital Photography Now
scribbled:

If you fancy a bit of fun turning a drab snapshot into something more
interesting, fun or dramatic, why no have a go at the DPNow.com Photo Fix
Challenge?

It's all explained he

http://dpnow.com/2880.html

Digital Photography Now
http://dpnow.com

Yeah, sign up to dpnow and continue to get spammed months after you have
supposedly been unsubscribed.

--
Dave
Our business in life is not to succeed,

Old August 9th 06, 12:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,free.uk.photographic.equipment.digital,free.uk.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.marketplace.digital
Digital Photography Now

Dave - that is most certainly *not* our intention. We only have one active
subscriber list and that is for our newsletter. The Photo Fix Challenge is
not connected to that. If you have unsubscribed from the newsletter or from
an older list and you don't think it worked, email and I'll
see to it personally that the problem is sorted out.

We have never sold subscriber information to a third party and only very
occasionally passed such information on to third parties when we have made
it very clear that we might do this and *always* with an option to opt out.

Ian

Digital Photography Now
http://dpnow.com

Old August 9th 06, 03:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,free.uk.photographic.equipment.digital,free.uk.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.marketplace.digital
bugbear

Digital Photography Now wrote:
If you fancy a bit of fun turning a drab snapshot into something more
interesting, fun or dramatic, why no have a go at the DPNow.com Photo Fix
Challenge?

If you want a really good forum on retouch
challenges, with good advice, all free, go he

http://www.retouchpro.com/
http://retouchpro.com/tutorials/

BugBear (who has learnt vastly at that site)
Old August 9th 06, 03:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,free.uk.photographic.equipment.digital,free.uk.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.marketplace.digital
Digital Photography Now

Look, I bend over backwards to protect the interests of DPNow.com readers.
I'm a professional journalist of 22 years reputation. I set up DPNow five
years ago as a serious resource for people interested in digital
photography. It's a labour of love. I abhor spammers and spamming and if you
wish to associate DPNow with this activity I must protest. If you think that
DPNow is guilty of spamming and stealing innocent people's details for such
an activity a) show me the evidence and b) if you can't, will you apologise?
I urge you to save your energies for fighting those that really deserve it.

To answer your question, if we get a sponsor for a competion that asks for
the details of entrants, we make it clear to them that they can only expect
the details of entrants if these entrants individually grant permission. We
will never run a competition like this without this stipulation and the vast
majority of competitions the sponsor does not ask for entrants details
anyway. And we would never run a competition on these terms with a sponsor
who is not reputable. This month's competition is to win a Casio digital
camera and is sponsored by Casio, but they have not asked for entrants
details and even if they asked now, we would not provide them. It's been
many months since we ran a competition where the sponsor requested entrants
details.

Assuming you're not just a troll out to wind up someone like me who takes
these accusations seriously, you're shooting at your own side and unfairly
tarnishing what I believe is good reputation. If you are a troll, well,
touché.

Ian

Digital Photography Now
http://dpnow.com

"Kinon O'Cann" wrote in message

"Digital Photography Now" wrote in message
Dave - that is most certainly *not* our intention. We only have one
active subscriber list and that is for our newsletter. The Photo Fix
Challenge is not connected to that. If you have unsubscribed from the
newsletter or from an older list and you don't think it worked, email
and I'll see to it personally that the problem is sorted
out.

We have never sold subscriber information to a third party and only very
occasionally passed such information on to third parties when we have
made it very clear that we might do this and *always* with an option to
opt out.

Thanks for admitting that you do spam, and you pass the information along
to other spammers, as you have made clear. Just who are these "third
parties" and what do they do with the info?

And anyone with a brain knows that opt-out plans are simply a scam to
verify a working e-mail address. Nice try, but please spam some other NG.

Ian

Digital Photography Now
http://dpnow.com

Old August 9th 06, 03:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,free.uk.photographic.equipment.digital,free.uk.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.marketplace.digital
Digital Photography Now

That's a very good site and we certainly aspire to emulate and develop our
own take on what they have achieved.

Variety is the spice of life, after all!

By the way, DPNow doesn't charge readers or visitors anything. The
subscription newsletter we run is completely free too.

Ian

Digital Photography Now
http://dpnow.com

Old August 9th 06, 07:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.marketplace.digital
Hebee Jeebes

I am not saying your a spammer or not. However, there are major trust issues
and the fact that you share our information makes that trust issue even more
of an issue. Like the one guy asked how do you know what those third parties
do with the information once you pass it along. Frankly, you shouldn't be
passing it along. It is our information and we DO NOT expressly give you or
anyone else rights to give it away, sell it or otherwise. You have a lot of
nerve. If you really want to be a good business and web site you would do
more to consider things like this.

The last thing I need is you helping spammers send me more spam for dick
pills and prescription medications.

Old August 9th 06, 07:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,free.uk.photographic.equipment.digital,free.uk.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.marketplace.digital
DaveG

Sometime on Wed, 09 Aug 2006 12:26:04 +0000, Digital Photography Now
scribbled:

Dave - that is most certainly *not* our intention. We only have one active
subscriber list and that is for our newsletter. The Photo Fix Challenge is
not connected to that. If you have unsubscribed from the newsletter or from
an older list and you don't think it worked, email and I'll
see to it personally that the problem is sorted out.

Yes, it's the newsletter I was referring to. I may have done you a
disservice by calling it spamming for which I apologise but I have
unsubscribed at least twice, possibly three times each time a new
newsletter has turned up.

I can say that I've never received email from any other source on that
email address as I create new and unique addresses for all subscriptions
so I can easily identify "rogue" companies who pass on details without my
permission. You are not one of them.

I've emailed you the details of the address

Old August 9th 06, 08:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,free.uk.photographic.equipment.digital,free.uk.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.marketplace.digital
Joe

Already done at Worth1000.com.

Now if you want to gain interest, how-a-bout an erotic version of
worth1000.com? Now that would be interesting.

Old August 9th 06, 10:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.marketplace.digital
DaveG

Sometime on Wed, 09 Aug 2006 12:47:59 -0700, Hebee Jeebes scribbled:

I am not saying your a spammer or not. However, there are major trust issues
and the fact that you share our information makes that trust issue even more
of an issue. Like the one guy asked how do you know what those third parties
do with the information once you pass it along. Frankly, you shouldn't be
passing it along. It is our information and we DO NOT expressly give you or
anyone else rights to give it away, sell it or otherwise. You have a lot of
nerve. If you really want to be a good business and web site you would do
more to consider things like this.

The last thing I need is you helping spammers send me more spam for dick
pills and prescription medications.

In his defence, you obviously didn't read what he wrote. See below
highlighted section below of the post you replied to.: