$500 AUD Cash reward for information

Old March 28th 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital

Default $500 AUD Cash reward for information

A CASH REWARD IS OFFERED for information leading to the identity of an
Internet image thief, proven liar and stalker.

A person posting with the credentials of:

and

Is engaged in theft of my photographs off my web site and defamation of
me and my family. He has conducted a 2 year long campaign against me of
lies, defamation and threats. I am now committed to pursuing and
silencing him through the court system, regardless of the cost.

My name is Douglas MacDonald.
I run a number of web sites the most significant is photosbydouglas.com
and canvasphotos.com.au I am a law abiding Australian business person
with deep involvement community activities. I pay my taxes, register
with all necessary Government departments and provide a legal and valid
warranty and refund procedure in my business activities.

No one should have to contend with lies and defamatory statements from
anyone when they run a legitimate business. I've had enough of this and
now intend to silence him legally.

I offer now a NO-QUESTIONS-ASKED $500 AUD cash reward for information of
the real identity and residential address of the person using these
identities.

The money will be paid by my lawyers at Eagle Street Brisbane on
successful service of summonses on this person. The payment will be cash
and you do not need to identify yourself, just wait until your
information is verified and the court papers served, to be paid.

Contact me through my web sites.
Old March 28th 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

D-Mac writes:
The money will be paid by my lawyers at Eagle Street Brisbane on
successful service of summonses on this person. The payment will be
cash and you do not need to identify yourself, just wait until your
information is verified and the court papers served, to be paid.

Contact me through my web sites.

The above is stupid and IMO probably bogus. If you were really
serious about pursuing legal action you would do it the serious way:
file a John Doe lawsuit in a court having suitable jurisdiction, then
serve subpoenas on gmail.com and/or go.com to get relevant IP
addresses, then serve further subpoenas on the involved ISP's to get
the physical locations involved. Even using your stupid method of
posting to Usenet looking for information, if your offer was
legitimate, you'd give contact information for your "lawyers at Eagle
Street Brisbane" so that people could confirm the validity of the $500
AUD offer. So I'm left with the suspicion that the offer is fake.

From a quick review of Google Groups, it looks to me like the person
D-Mac is seeking simply doesn't think much of some surprising and
difficult-to-verify claims that you've made about your products.
There's no immediately obvious evidence of your allegations against
him, and his posts that I've looked at generally seem reasonable,
though I didn't look at very many (I have better things to do than
research them all day).

Basically D-mac appears to be a Usenet stalker and/or troll or whatever.

Old March 29th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital

I would have thought the police would have little trouble extracting the
relevant IP + account details from Microsoft & ISPs & Telcos

Old March 29th 06, 01:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital

C J Southern wrote:
I would have thought the police would have little trouble extracting the
relevant IP + account details from Microsoft & ISPs & Telcos

My lawyer charges $250 an hour.
He estimates $2 ~ 3k to get a court order of discovery served on Optus
(his ISP) which is a Singapore company.

I figured if someone know who he is and would like some cash, it's be
cheaper to pay them. If no one responds, I'll pay the lawyer whatever it
cost to track the mongrel down.
Old March 29th 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Paul Rubin wrote:
D-Mac writes:

[...]

From a quick review of Google Groups, it looks to me like the person
D-Mac is seeking simply doesn't think much of some surprising and
difficult-to-verify claims that you've made about your products.
There's no immediately obvious evidence of your allegations against
him, and his posts that I've looked at generally seem reasonable,
though I didn't look at very many (I have better things to do than
research them all day).

Basically D-mac appears to be a Usenet stalker and/or troll or whatever.

You are free to presume whatever you like Paul. In Australia there is no
such thing as a "John Doe". We have the Westminster system here
inherited from England. Recent posts by this creep are a lot more
moderate than earlier one. I am not a troll or a Stalker. Which raises
the question, who are you?
Old March 29th 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

D-Mac writes:
You are free to presume whatever you like Paul. In Australia there is
no such thing as a "John Doe". We have the Westminster system here
inherited from England. Recent posts by this creep are a lot more
moderate than earlier one. I am not a troll or a Stalker. Which raises
the question, who are you?

For $500 AUD I'll be happy to send you my address.
Old March 29th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital

"D-Mac" wrote in message
A CASH REWARD IS OFFERED

A cash reward from a certified net-kook? I'll pass.

Greg

Old March 29th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital

G.T. wrote:
"D-Mac" wrote in message

A CASH REWARD IS OFFERED

A cash reward from a certified net-kook? I'll pass.

Greg

Certified by who? You?
Pass what?

Get a life child.
Old March 29th 06, 09:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Basically D-mac appears to be a Usenet stalker and/or troll or whatever.

He's the idiot who's claiming, but not proving, all sorts of wonderful
advances in image manipulation. He occasionally pops up in the Photoshop
newsgroup where he makes a lot of noise until he gets challenged to an
independent assessment of his so-called technologies by experts. At that
point he pulls down his websites that make these claims, and disappears.

Here's a link to one of his rants from earlier this year:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp....ff1d6c6425889/

Note how quiet he goes when Mike Russell, a well respected member of the
newsgroup, challenges him to a direct test of his claims. The tecphoto
website disappeared shortly after he chickened out of the debate he started.

He's safe to ignore.

more money David Digital Photography 1 December 8th 05 12:24 AM
$500 REWARD FOR IDENTITY OF TROLL [email protected] Digital Photography 96 March 3rd 05 07:09 PM
CASH REWARD by camera merchant - $500 [email protected] 35mm Photo Equipment 2 August 11th 04 06:44 PM
CASH REWARD by camera retailer - $500 [email protected] Medium Format Photography Equipment 0 August 11th 04 04:27 PM
CASH REWARD by photo retailer - $500 [email protected] In The Darkroom 0 August 11th 04 04:24 PM