Lifespan of technidol?

Old February 5th 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Lifespan of technidol?

I've got some old technidol packets (concentrated liquid and powder) -
about 10 years old. Will it be useable, or should I toss it?

Old February 5th 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Neal Currie wrote:
I've got some old technidol packets (concentrated liquid and powder) -
about 10 years old. Will it be useable, or should I toss it?

Almost once a month someone comes here and asks about whether old film
or chemistry is still good. The only answer is to try it. Usually,
though, it is not worth risking old material on important subjects.
Personally, I would pitch it. The time it takes to test the material is
worth far more than the material itself. What's an hour or two of your
time worth?

Throw it out.

Old February 5th 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

On 4 Feb 2006 18:48:10 -0800, "Neal Currie"
wrote:

I've got some old technidol packets (concentrated liquid and powder) -
about 10 years old. Will it be useable, or should I toss it?

Mix it up and see if it's discolored. Unlike Xtol all other developers
tend to change color when oxidized. I wouldn't look for it to keep
long after mixed though.

==
John - Photographer & Webmaster
www.puresilver.org - www.xs750.net
Old February 6th 06, 04:55 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Thanks guys. I have a pretty good idea of how long film and mixed
developer lasts, but unmixed developer is unknown to me.

And good point UC - an hour of my time is worth more than the cost of
some new technidol.

Old February 6th 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

On 5 Feb 2006 20:55:13 -0800, "Neal Currie"
wrote:

an hour of my time is worth more than the cost of
some new technidol.

Didn't EK stop making Technidol about 4 years ago ?

==