Ping: Savageduck

Old November 10th 13, 07:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

Default Ping: Savageduck

On 11/10/2013 10:43 AM, Tony Cooper wrote:
I've been playing around with OnOne's "Perfect Mask". One of the
things that can be done is to replace a blah sky with a more
interesting sky.

I have a large file of "sky" images from just blue to lottsa clouds.
What I don't have is a storm-threatening sky. We don't tend to have
those skies here in Florida. We have storms, but not those black
clouds that look so ominous. Our sky tends to just get gray all over
instead of the black clouds.

There are downloadable skies, but I wonder if a user-taken sky
photograph can be made ominous and threatening in Photoshop. How
would you go about this in Photoshop?

While I haven't tried it, here is a link to some tutorials on creating
lightning with PS.

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-effects/lightning/

--
PeterN
Old November 10th 13, 07:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-11-10 19:40:21 +0000, PeterN said:

On 11/10/2013 10:43 AM, Tony Cooper wrote:
I've been playing around with OnOne's "Perfect Mask". One of the
things that can be done is to replace a blah sky with a more
interesting sky.

I have a large file of "sky" images from just blue to lottsa clouds.
What I don't have is a storm-threatening sky. We don't tend to have
those skies here in Florida. We have storms, but not those black
clouds that look so ominous. Our sky tends to just get gray all over
instead of the black clouds.

There are downloadable skies, but I wonder if a user-taken sky
photograph can be made ominous and threatening in Photoshop. How
would you go about this in Photoshop?

While I haven't tried it, here is a link to some tutorials on creating
lightning with PS.

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-effects/lightning/

Stuff like that is always interesting. However, I haven't had the need
to go the fake lightning route. ;-)

I think Tony is looking for the dark and foreboding look rather than
the "I shouldn't be out here holding a golf club" look.

Savageduck

Old November 10th 13, 08:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 11/10/2013 2:55 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On 2013-11-10 19:40:21 +0000, PeterN said:

[...]

I just put it out there. I have not tried the fake lightning effect,
either. I go through phases in my photography. My current trend is pure
nature, with as little PS as possible, and pure abstractions of photos.

--
PeterN
Old November 10th 13, 11:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-11-10 19:40:21 +0000, PeterN said:

[...]

I'm not yet into abstracts, but I'm not above a little processing
gimmickery:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gu624v5km0...3-11-05-35.jpg

(Shrimp boat in Apalachicola FL at night)

Nice! I like it.

Savageduck

Old November 11th 13, 11:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 2013-11-10 19:40:21 +0000, PeterN said:

[...]

I like it. Nice clean lines. forming an interesting pattern. I did some
street yesterday, but have not downloaded anything. If I get anything
halfway decent, I will post.

--
PeterN