ping:savageduck

Old June 24th 13, 05:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_]

Default ping:savageduck

Hi, Duck I am the greek one that was here a couple of years ago. We had a
discussion about a Browning .45 pistol the greek army had. Well, it's the
famous M1911 of course. My other favourites were the .50 BMG with API tracer
ammo, and the HK11 (Henkel&Koch) which I had for a month:-) And to stay on
topic, I'd like to post here some photos of my army days.
Dimitris .Tzortzakakis.

Old June 24th 13, 05:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-06-24 09:32:39 -0700, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" said:

Hi, Duck I am the greek one that was here a couple of years ago. We had a
discussion about a Browning .45 pistol the greek army had. Well, it's the
famous M1911 of course. My other favourites were the .50 BMG with API tracer
ammo, and the HK11 (Henkel&Koch) which I had for a month:-) And to stay on
topic, I'd like to post here some photos of my army days.
Dimitris .Tzortzakakis.

Hi,
The 1911 is very much a favorite of mine.

As far as posting any of your images here goes, this is an unmoderated
group without gatekeepers, and you certainly don't need my blessing to
post anything. So you are more than welcome to post here, with the
caveat that this is not a binary group, and you should only share your
images here with URL links to your images or blog/web site, by using an
image storage/sharing service such as Flickr, SmugMug, Picassa Web
Galleries, or a cloud storage service like DropBox.
Another of the photo groups which might appreciate your photos is
alt.photography.

If you want to directly post binary files (JPEG) of your army days
images, a binary group worth considering is
alt.binaries.pictures.military.

Whatever you choose to do, we look forward to your return, and anything
you can add to provoke our mad debates.

Savageduck

Old June 25th 13, 03:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_]

? "Savageduck" ?????? ??? ??????
On 2013-06-24 09:32:39 -0700, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios"
said:

[...]

Hey Savageduck,
thanks a lot for the headsup. Now, this photo here (I have not taken it!It
was taken by a pro in the boot camp in Korinth)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/97955829@N02/
the guy in the middle in the olive green uniform is the sergeant responsible
for our company, the 1st company of the 1st battalion, I am one of the three
guys with glasses, the last to the right standing on the third row. There
are also a couple of corporals rsponsible for our training, reservists
wearing the same uniform as us. Sorry for the poor quality but that's the
best my CanoScan D646Uex could do. Cheers!

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitris
hordad AT otenet DOT gr

Old June 25th 13, 04:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-06-24 09:32:39 -0700, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios"
said:

[...]

So you were the company geek. ;-)
At least they didn't have you dressed in the traditional Evzone uniform.

Sometimes you can look back on those days with nostalgia. I only hope
that you haven't been too effected by the current Greek economic and
political situation, and things improve and stabilize.

Savageduck

Old June 28th 13, 06:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_]

? "Savageduck" ?????? ??? ??????
On 2013-06-25 07:27:35 -0700, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios"

On 2013-06-24 09:32:39 -0700, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios"

said:

[...]

Well, I was supposed to be a scribe, but I did sentry duty every night, even
on the greek intelligence headquarters. Here's another one, this time with
the "normal"uniform (the previous one was with a dress uniform) again in the
boot camp. I'm obviously the right one, with glasses.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/97955829@N02/9158838115/
The evzone uniform is used only for sentries that are outside the
parliament, as it's really difficult to iron and wash and if you're not
handsome you look really ridiculous with it. But my brother in law was an
evzone, as he's 6'2" at least (I'm 5'10"). But my battalion in Rhodes used
to have police insignia, as we did also police work, anti-fire patrols etc.
but when I was there we had national guard insignia. I am a freelance
electrician (I am an electrical engineering major) nad as I'm cheap and
efficent and quite good I still manage to make ends meet, I buy new tools
all the time, records etc. Hope also things will imrove for everyone.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitris
hordad AT otenet DOT gr