New inkjet print mounting technique

Old March 19th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default New inkjet print mounting technique

I have developed a really neat way to mount and display inkjet prints
and I would like to hear what you think. I print on rag fine art paper
or canvas on my Epson 4000 (17 inch) printer. I dry them in my Seal
210 press (minutes after printing) then, after trimming off the white
border, I dry-mount on acid-free black 3/16 inch foam board. At this
point I use a paint roller to apply matte Glamour II Veneer to the
print (this protects it from UV, fingers, and coffee). After drying
for a couple hours, I trim the foam board to extend about 1-1/4 inches
outside the print. Then I turn the print over and use a special tool I
made to cut a groove in the foam board all around 1 inch in from the
edge. After cutting out the corners, I fill the groove with glue from
a hot glue gun and fold up the sides to make a box. The print is then
ready to display on the wall, and the black foam board shows around the
edge and looks like a frame! The matte paper without glass cover looks
great without reflections!

I have pictures of the finished product on my web site he
http://www.elmorephoto.com/elmore_box_mount.htm
You will see several variations of this technique.

If you want to see my Elmore Box Mount with one of your (or my) images,
I am selling them for a limited time on eBay for $10, my cost of
materials. My ebay home page is he
http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...erid=llamadave

Please give me your comments.

David

Old March 19th 06, 09:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"llamadave" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Prints!! Does anyone on this group make prints!!
It should be called rec.camera.digital

Jem

-------------------------------------
Birmingham Independent Photographers
http://bip.wikispaces.com/

Old March 19th 06, 10:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Jem Raid" wrote in message

"llamadave" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Hi.

Yes, a lot of people make Prints.

Have you never noticed any of the threads here about Printers, and or
Paper, and even about ICC profiles?

I believe there is a NG somewhere for Digital Cameras.

Roy G

Old March 19th 06, 11:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 09:33:11 +0000, Jem Raid wrote:

Prints!! Does anyone on this group make prints!!
It should be called rec.camera.digital

Jem

-------------------------------------
Birmingham Independent Photographers
http://bip.wikispaces.com/

Lots of people in this group make prints although I must admit that I
haven't made any since yesterday morning.

--
Neil
Delete 'l' to reply by email
Old March 20th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

I am disappointed that the only discussion about my post is whether or
not my ink jet printer is digital or analog. I guess I will try
another group. Would you give me your comments if I sent you a free
print (including free shipping) using this technique?

David

Old March 20th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

On 19 Mar 2006 17:37:50 -0800, "llamadave" wrote:

I am disappointed that the only discussion about my post is whether or
not my ink jet printer is digital or analog. I guess I will try
another group. Would you give me your comments if I sent you a free
print (including free shipping) using this technique?

David

I'd like to see a photo of one, if you could.
Thanks.

--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Old March 20th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Bill,

See my original post to start this topic above. I gave links to my web
site and ebay sale. Lots of photos there. If you post a constructive
comment here, I will send you a free print of your image using this
technique (offer limited to the next few weeks).

David