DXOMark Mobile Phone Camera Quality of Results (the best known smarphone camera output QOR known to date)

Old December 31st 19, 08:08 PM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital
Arlen Holder[_3_]

Default DXOMark Mobile Phone Camera Quality of Results (the best known smarphone camera output QOR known to date)

Here is the DXOMark overall camera output QOR summary as of this week:
https://www.dxomark.com/category/mobile-reviews/

The detailed itemized reviews are, of course, also on the web site.
o If you know of a _better_ comprehensive set of reviews, name it.

*Top Ten smartphone camera by quality of results:*
o 01 Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G (123)
o 02 Huawei Mate 30 Pro (121)
o 03 Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro Premium Edition (121)
o 04 Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max (117)
o 05 Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G (117)
o 06 Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ (117)
o 07 Huawei P30 Pro (116)
o 08 Oppo Reno 10x Zoom (116)
o 09 Samsung Galaxy S10 5G (116)
o 10 OnePlus 7 Pro (114)

*All the rest:*
o 11 Honor 20 Pro (113)
o 12 Samsung Galaxy S10+ (113)
o 13 Google Pixel 4 (112)
o 14 Huawei Mate 20 Pro (112)
o 15 Xiaomi Mi 9 (110)
o 16 Huawei P20 Pro (109)
o 17 Apple iPhone XS Max (106)
o 18 Asus ZenFone 6 (104)
o 19 HTC U12+ (103)
o 20 Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (103)
o 21 Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 (103)
o 22 Google Pixel 3 (102)
o 23 Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro (102)
o 24 Apple iPhone XR (101)
o 25 Google Pixel 3a (101)
o 26 Samsung Galaxy S9+ (100)
o 27 Google Pixel 2 (99)
o 28 LG G8 ThinQ (99)
o 29 Xiaomi Mi 8 (99)
o 30 OnePlus 6T (98)
o 31 Apple iPhone X (97)
o 32 Huawei Mate 10 Pro (97)
o 33 Lenovo Z6 Pro (97)
o 34 OnePlus 6 (96)
o 35 Apple iPhone 8 Plus (94)
o 36 LG V40 ThinQ (94)
o 37 Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (94)
o 38 Sony Xperia 1 (94)
o 39 Xiaomi Pocophone F1 (91)
o 40 Asus ZenFone 5 (90)
o 41 General Mobile GM9 Pro (90)
o 42 Google Pixel (90)
o 43 HTC U11 (90)
o 44 Vivo X20 Plus (90)
o 45 Xiaomi Mi Note 3 (90)
o 46 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (89)
o 47 Apple iPhone 7 Plus (88)
o 48 Motorola One Zoom (87)
o 49 Samsung Galaxy A9 (86)
o 50 Crosscall Trekker-X4 (85)
o 51 LG G7 ThinQ (85)
o 52 Nokia 9 PureView (85)
o 53 Samsung Galaxy A50 (85)
o 54 Black Shark 2 (84)
o 55 LG V30 (82)
o 56 Motorola Moto Z2 Force (82)
o 57 Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (82)
o 58 Motorola Moto G7 Plus (80)
o 59 Apple iPhone 6 (73)
o 60 Google Nexus 6P (73)
o 61 Meizu Pro 7 Plus (71)
o 62 Lava Z25 (70)
o 63 Samsung Galaxy S5 (70)
o 64 Motorola Moto G5S (69)
o 65 Apple iPhone 5s (68)
o 66 Nokia 8 (68)
o 67 Wiko View 3 Pro (67)
o 68 Fairphone 3 (66)
o 69 Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro (2018) (65)
o 70 Altice S61 (56)
Old March 7th 20, 09:22 PM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital
Arlen Holder[_3_]

Here are the DXOmark test summaries as of today.
o 1 Oppo Find X2 Pro [124]
o 2 Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro [124]
o 3 Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G [123]
o 4 Honor V30 Pro [122]
o 5 Huawei Mate 30 Pro [121]
o 6 Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro Premium Edition [121]
o 7 Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max [117]
o 8 Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G [117]
o 9 Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ [117]
o 10 Huawei P30 Pro [116]

All the rest...
o 11 Oppo Reno 10x Zoom [116]
o 12 Samsung Galaxy S10 5G [116]
o 13 OnePlus 7 Pro [114]
o 14 OnePlus 7T Pro [114]
o 15 Honor 20 Pro [113]
o 16 Samsung Galaxy S10+ [113]
o 17 Google Pixel 4 [112]
o 18 Huawei Mate 20 Pro [112]
o 19 Huawei Mate 20 X [111]
o 20 Xiaomi Mi 9 [110]
o 21 Apple iPhone 11 [109]
o 22 Huawei P20 Pro [109]
o 23 Apple iPhone XS Max [106]
o 24 Asus ZenFone 6 [104]
o 25 HTC U12+ [103]
o 26 Samsung Galaxy Note 9 [103]
o 27 Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 [103]
o 28 Google Pixel 3 [102]
o 29 Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro [102]
o 30 Apple iPhone XR [101]
o 31 Google Pixel 3a [101]
o 32 Samsung Galaxy S9+ [100]
o 33 Google Pixel 2 [99]
o 34 LG G8 ThinQ [99]
o 35 Xiaomi Mi 8 [99]
o 36 OnePlus 6T [98]
o 37 Apple iPhone X [97]
o 38 Lenovo Z6 Pro [97]
o 39 LG V40 ThinQ [97]
o 40 OnePlus 6 [96]
o 41 Asus ROG Phone II [95]
o 42 Sony Xperia 5 [95]
o 43 Apple iPhone 8 Plus [94]
o 44 Samsung Galaxy Note 8 [94]
o 45 Sony Xperia 1 [94]
o 46 Xiaomi Pocophone F1 [91]
o 47 Asus ZenFone 5 [90]
o 48 General Mobile GM9 Pro [90]
o 49 Google Pixel [90]
o 50 HTC U11 [90]
o 51 Vivo X20 Plus [90]
o 52 Xiaomi Mi Note 3 [90]
o 53 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge [89]
o 54 Apple iPhone 7 Plus [88]
o 55 Samsung Galaxy A9 [88]
o 56 Motorola One Zoom [87]
o 57 Vsmart Live [87]
o 58 Crosscall Trekker-X4 [86]
o 59 LG G7 ThinQ [85]
o 60 Nokia 7.2 [85]
o 61 Nokia 9 PureView [85]
o 62 Samsung Galaxy A50 [85]
o 63 Black Shark 2 [84]
o 64 LG V30 [84]
o 65 Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro [84]
o 66 Motorola Moto Z2 Force [82]
o 67 Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge [82]
o 68 Motorola Moto G7 Plus [80]
o 69 Apple iPhone 6 [73]
o 70 Google Nexus 6P [73]
o 71 Meizu Pro 7 Plus [71]
o 72 Lava Z25 [70]
o 73 Samsung Galaxy S5 [70]
o 74 Motorola Moto G5S [69]
o 75 Apple iPhone 5s [68]
o 76 Nokia 8 [68]
o 77 Wiko View 3 Pro [67]
o 78 Fairphone 3 [66]
o 79 Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro (2018) [65]
o 80 Altice S61 [56]
--
I believe in facts instead of in whatever MARKETING wishes to feed us.
Old March 8th 20, 04:28 PM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital
Arlen Holder[_3_]

UPDATE for the permanent Usenet record...

Apple marketing specializes in selling a mere _illusion_ of functionality.

With respect to smartphone camera quality of results, the facts are thus:
o *7th place* Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max
o *21st place* Apple iPhone 11
o *23rd place* Apple iPhone XS Max
o *30th place* Apple iPhone XR
o *37th place* Apple iPhone X
o *43rd place* Apple iPhone 8 Plus
o *54th place* Apple iPhone 7 Plus
o *69th place* Apple iPhone 6
o *75th place* Apple iPhone 5s
https://www.dxomark.com/category/mobile-reviews/

Those are simply the facts, which most Apple owners can't/won't comprehend.
o Flagship camera comparison between the Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max vs. Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.photo.digital/_zi9q__n_BM
--
Adults comprehend the difference between facts & mere MARKETING illusions.
Old August 31st 20, 06:09 PM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital
Arlen Holder

On Sun, 17 Mar 2019 16:59:56 -0000 (UTC), arlen holder wrote:

Here is the DXOMark overall camera output QOR summary as of this week:
https://www.dxomark.com/category/mobile-reviews/

Top dozen smartphone camera quality of results in independent tests:
o Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra 130
o Huawei P40 Pro 128
o Honor 30 Pro+ 125
o Oppo Find X2 Pro 124
o Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 124
o Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G 123
o Honor V30 Pro 122
o Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 122
o Huawei Mate 30 Pro 121
o Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro Premium Edition 121
o Xiaomi Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition 120
o OnePlus 8 Pro 119

All the rest:
o Samsung Galaxy S20+ 118
o Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max 117
o Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 117
o Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 117
o Huawei P30 Pro 116
o Oppo Reno 10x Zoom 116
o Samsung Galaxy S10 5G 116
o OnePlus 7 Pro 114
o OnePlus 7T Pro 114
o Honor 20 Pro 113
o Motorola Edge+ 113
o Samsung Galaxy S10+ 113
o Google Pixel 4 112
o Huawei Mate 20 Pro 112
o Huawei Mate 20 X 111
o Xiaomi Mi 9 110
o Apple iPhone 11 109
o Huawei P20 Pro 109
o Apple iPhone XS Max 106
o Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 105
o Asus ZenFone 6 104
o HTC U12+ 103
o Samsung Galaxy Note 9 103
o Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 103
o Google Pixel 3 102
o Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro 102
o Apple iPhone SE (2020) 101
o Apple iPhone XR 101
o Google Pixel 3a 101
o LG V60 ThinQ 5G 100
o Samsung Galaxy S9+ 100
o Google Pixel 2 99
o LG G8 ThinQ 99
o Xiaomi Mi 8 99
o OnePlus 6T 98
o Apple iPhone X 97
o Lenovo Z6 Pro 97
o LG V40 ThinQ 97
o OnePlus 6 96
o Asus ROG Phone 2 95
o Realme X2 Pro 95
o Sony Xperia 5 95
o Apple iPhone 8 Plus 94
o Samsung Galaxy Note 8 94
o Sony Xperia 1 94
o Xiaomi Pocophone F1 91
o Asus ZenFone 5 90
o General Mobile GM9 Pro 90
o Google Pixel 90
o HTC U11 90
o Vivo X20 Plus 90
o Xiaomi Mi Note 3 90
o Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 89
o Apple iPhone 7 Plus 88
o Samsung Galaxy A9 88
o Motorola One Zoom 87
o Vsmart Live 87
o Crosscall Trekker-X4 86
o LG G7 ThinQ 85
o Nokia 7.2 85
o Nokia 9 PureView 85
o Samsung Galaxy A50 85
o Black Shark 2 84
o LG V30 84
o Samsung Galaxy A71 84
o Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro 84
o Motorola Moto Z2 Force 82
o Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 82
o Motorola Moto G7 Plus 80
o Crosscall Core-X4 79
o Apple iPhone 6 73
o Google Nexus 6P 73
o Meizu Pro 7 Plus 71
o Lava Z25 70
o Samsung Galaxy S5 70
o Motorola Moto G5S 69
o Apple iPhone 5s 68
o Nokia 8 68
o Wiko View 3 Pro 67
o Fairphone 3 66
o Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro (2018) 65
o Altice S61 56
--
Bringing facts & logic to this newsgroup via consistent reliable cites.
Old October 7th 20, 03:29 AM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital
Arlen Holder

Here is the DXOMark overall camera output QOR summary as of this week:
https://www.dxomark.com/category/mobile-reviews/

Top fifteen smartphone camera quality of results in independent tests:
o 1. Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra 130
o 2. Huawei P40 Pro 128
o 3. Vivo X50 Pro+ 127
o 4. Honor 30 Pro+ 125
o 5. Oppo Find X2 Pro 124
o 6. Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 124
o 7. Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G 123
o 8. Honor V30 Pro 122
o 9. Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 122
o 10. Huawei Mate 30 Pro 121
o 11. Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G 121
o 12. Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro Premium Edition 121
o 13. Xiaomi Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition 120
o 14. OnePlus 8 Pro 119
o 15. Samsung Galaxy S20+ 118

All the rest:
[...]
Those who believe only in MARKETING always end up paying more for less.
Old October 26th 20, 04:03 PM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital
Arlen Holder

Here is the DXOMark overall camera output QOR summary as of this week:
https://www.dxomark.com/rankings/

Top score of smartphone camera quality of results in independent tests:
o Huawei Mate 40 Pro 136
o Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra 133
o Huawei P40 Pro 132
o Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 128
o Vivo X50 Pro+ 127*
o Oppo Find X2 Pro 126
o Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G 126
o Honor 30 Pro+ 125*
o Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max 124
o Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G 123*
o Honor V30 Pro 122*
o Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G 121*
o Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro Premium Edition 121*
o Huawei Mate 30 Pro 121*
o Xiaomi Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition 120*
o OnePlus 8 Pro 119*
o Samsung Galaxy S20+ 118*
o Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 117*
o Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 116
o Oppo Reno 10x Zoom 116*

All the rest:
o Samsung Galaxy S10 5G 116*
o Huawei P30 Pro 116*
o Asus ZenFone 7 Pro 115*
o OnePlus 7T Pro 114*
o OnePlus 7 Pro 114*
o Google Pixel 4 113
o Motorola Edge+ 113*
o Honor 20 Pro 113*
o Samsung Galaxy S10+ 113*
o Huawei P40 112
o Huawei Mate 20 Pro 112*
o Huawei Mate 20 X 111*
o Xiaomi Mi 9 110*
o Apple iPhone 11 109*
o Huawei P20 Pro 109*
o Apple iPhone XS Max 106*
o Oppo Find X2 Neo 105
o Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 105*
o Asus ZenFone 6 104*
o Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 103*
o Samsung Galaxy Note 9 103*
o HTC U12+ 103*
o Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro 102*
o Google Pixel 3 102*
o Apple iPhone SE (2020) 101*
o Google Pixel 3a 101*
o Apple iPhone XR 101*
o LG V60 ThinQ 5G 100*
o Samsung Galaxy S9+ 100*
o LG G8 ThinQ 99*
o Xiaomi Mi 8 99*
o Google Pixel 2 99*
o OnePlus 6T 98*
o Lenovo Z6 Pro 97*
o LG V40 ThinQ 97*
o Apple iPhone X 97*
o OnePlus 6 96*
o Realme X2 Pro 95*
o Sony Xperia 5 95*
o Asus ROG Phone 2 95*
o Samsung Galaxy Note 8 94*
o Apple iPhone 8 Plus 94*
o Xiaomi Pocophone F1 91*
o General Mobile GM9 Pro 90*
o Asus ZenFone 5 90*
o Vivo X20 Plus 90*
o Xiaomi Mi Note 3 90*
o HTC U11 90*
o Google Pixel 90*
o Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 89*
o Samsung Galaxy A9 88*
o Apple iPhone 7 Plus 88*
o Sony Xperia 1 87
o Vsmart Live 87*
o Motorola One Zoom 87*
o Crosscall Trekker-X4 86*
o Nokia 7.2 85*
o Nokia 9 PureView 85*
o LG G7 ThinQ 85*
o Samsung Galaxy A71 84*
o Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro 84*
o Black Shark 2 84*
o LG V30 84*
o Motorola Moto Z2 Force 82*
o Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 82*
o Motorola Moto G7 Plus 80*
o Crosscall Core-X4 79*
o Samsung Galaxy A50 76
o Apple iPhone 6 73*
o Google Nexus 6P 73*
o Meizu Pro 7 Plus 71*
o Lava Z25 70*
o Samsung Galaxy S5 70*
o Motorola Moto G5S 69*
o Nokia 8 68*
o Apple iPhone 5s 68*
Independent tests prove that MARKETING is complete & utter bull****.
Old October 26th 20, 04:30 PM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital
Chris Green

Arlen Holder wrote:
Here is the DXOMark overall camera output QOR summary as of this week:

I'm rather more interested in how my mobile phone works as a phone, I
have a separate, much better than any mobile, camera for taking
pictures (and it fits in my pocket).

--
Chris Green
·
Old October 26th 20, 04:58 PM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital
SMS

On 10/26/2020 8:30 AM, Chris Green wrote:
Arlen Holder wrote:
Here is the DXOMark overall camera output QOR summary as of this week:

I'm rather more interested in how my mobile phone works as a phone, I
have a separate, much better than any mobile, camera for taking
pictures (and it fits in my pocket).

I have a friend who's a professional photographer.

While he's moved 100% from Nikon to Fuji, for the best mirror-less
digital camera quality, he's really into the iPhone's "computational
photography."

None of the main-line SLR or mirrorless manufacturers have embraced
computational photography to the extent that Apple, Samsung, and some
Chinese smartphone makers have.

Fuji began adding computational photography it to the X-Pro 3
https://photorumors.com/2019/10/21/report-fujifilm-is-the-first-camera-company-to-add-computational-photography-to-a-professional-camera-x-pro3
, and the X-Pro 4, which should be announced any day now, should have
improved computational photography. But they are way behind Apple,
Samsung, and Huawei, Nikon and Canon are way behind Fuji.

It's become really tough for professional photographers lately, with so
many people carrying around a high-quality camera that makes it hard to
make mistakes.
Old October 26th 20, 07:35 PM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital
Chris Green

Arlen Holder wrote:
Here is the DXOMark overall camera output QOR summary as of this week:

I'm rather more interested in how my mobile phone works as a phone, I
have a separate, much better than any mobile, camera for taking
pictures (and it fits in my pocket).

I have a friend who's a professional photographer.

While he's moved 100% from Nikon to Fuji, for the best mirror-less
digital camera quality, he's really into the iPhone's "computational
photography."

None of the main-line SLR or mirrorless manufacturers have embraced
computational photography to the extent that Apple, Samsung, and some
Chinese smartphone makers have.

Not pocketable, try again! :-)

One very simple thing makes my pocketable digital camera stand out
from any current phone camera - a 30:1 zoom that will give you a full
definition picture throughout its range.

....oh, and a viewfinder that works when taking photographs in bright
sunlight.

--
Chris Green
·
Old October 26th 20, 07:36 PM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital
Chris Green

The Real Bev wrote:
On 10/26/2020 08:30 AM, Chris Green wrote:
Arlen Holder wrote:
Here is the DXOMark overall camera output QOR summary as of this week:

I'm rather more interested in how my mobile phone works as a phone, I
have a separate, much better than any mobile, camera for taking
pictures (and it fits in my pocket).

Actually, my Pixel2 phone (which I use as a camera LOTS more than as a
phone) is better than my Canon A720IS and is lighter and smaller. I
miss a genuine viewfinder and optical zoom and settings that are ALL
instantly visible all the time, but convenience matters a lot.

Yes, you specify the two things my little Panasonic digital camera has
that no phone camera has. ... and it's around the same size and
weight as many phones.

--
Chris Green
·