HOW IMPORTANT IS "MADE IN"?

Old July 11th 06, 02:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
BROZ

Default HOW IMPORTANT IS "MADE IN"?

Wanna buy a D200...
How much of importance is the country it was made in?
Any sugestions? "No buys"?

Old July 11th 06, 02:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
tomm42

BROZ wrote:
Wanna buy a D200...
How much of importance is the country it was made in?
Any sugestions? "No buys"?

All D200s are made in Thailand as I believe are the D2X and the D2H.
Some early D200s had problems but that more from Nikon not knowing how
critical the tuning of the digital processor to the sensor was. The
problem has been mostly solved, some cameras do get out with the
banding, but Nikon has been good in repairing those very quickly. I
have had mine since late February and it has been fine since day one.
The vast majority of D200s have no problems.

Tom

Old July 11th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
bugbear

BROZ wrote:
Wanna buy a D200...
How much of importance is the country it was made in?

Pretty much unimportant for virtually any product
on the market.

QA/QC (never sure of the difference), on the other
hand, matters a very great deal.

BugBear
Old July 11th 06, 04:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Hebee Jeebes

I wouldn't buy anything for Yugoslavia, Iran, North Korea, places like that.
The Yugo (Yugoslavian car from a few years ago) was a rolling death trap. I
don't think at this stage I would buy a Russian made anything either, though
I hope in time that will change.

Old July 11th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Joseph Meehan

BROZ wrote:
Wanna buy a D200...
How much of importance is the country it was made in?
Any sugestions? "No buys"?

Zero importance to me, lots to some people. I suggest picking the
product not the country.

Did you know that the most American made car (parts and assembly) is not
GM, not Ford nor Chrysler, but a Toyota?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Old July 12th 06, 09:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
bugbear

Hebee Jeebes wrote:
I wouldn't buy anything for Yugoslavia, Iran, North Korea, places like that.
The Yugo (Yugoslavian car from a few years ago) was a rolling death trap. I
don't think at this stage I would buy a Russian made anything either, though

If (e.g.) Sony set up a factory in Russia, I assure
you that the products that emerged would be to Sony's
current standards.

Because Sony would provide/enforce/check them.

Can we spell "globalisation" ?

BugBear
Old July 12th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Hebee Jeebes

Well, that is great because Sony sucks. I have never owned a single thing of
Sony's that was a pile. That includes the PlayStation 2 who's disc drawer
broke shortly after the warranty expired. They have the worst audio products
and the video products are a hell of a lot better.