irfanview .ra plug in

Old April 21st 05, 10:45 AM

Default irfanview .ra plug in

hi guys
I know this refers to an .ra plug in but I thought there would be more
experts on irfanview here than anywhere else.....
I downloaded the above plug in for real audio player. But when I try
to open an .ra music sample off Amazon.co.uk although irfanview is
automatically opened I get an error message saying:
"c:/documents and settings/tp 600/local settings/temporary internet
files/content ie5/0D680HQV/HURL[1].ra: Can't read file header!
Unknown file format!"
Why is this if I have downloaded the .ra plug in?

Old April 21st 05, 01:26 PM

As I'm definitely not an Irfanwiewologist, I'd advise you to try
http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ckage_id=84358
Media Player Classic. It simply works.

Old April 21st 05, 01:26 PM

Old April 21st 05, 09:08 PM

As I'm definitely not an Irfanwiewologist, I'd advise you to try
http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ckage_id=84358
Media Player Classic. It simply works.

I second that opinion!

Old April 28th 05, 10:30 AM
rosenmarsh

Hi
I have downloaded media player classic from previous post link but it still does not work with streamed .ra files from Amazon. I assume that this is because I have not downloaded Codecs (I am not sure what these are). Can you point me where I can download these?

Because Irfanview doesn't play streaming media from a website.
You will have to download the complete file to your HD and then play it.
Or use Real Alternative (Media Player Classic with codec pack).