camera bags

Old June 2nd 07, 11:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Craig M

Default camera bags

Hi, just wondering what ya'll think of the Slingshot line of camera bags,
from what I have seen online, they seem like a good idea, would be carrying
a D50 and a extra lens, the charger, extra batt, ect.
Is it a good system or should I spend my money on something else???
thanks

Old June 2nd 07, 01:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wayne J. Cosshall

They work well. I had a 100AW for some time for review. I used it a lot
on bike rides and walks.

Cheers,

Wayne

Wayne J. Cosshall
Publisher, Experimental Digital Photography
http://www.experimentaldigitalphotography.com
Personal art site http://www.cosshall.com/

Old June 2nd 07, 05:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Oliver Costich

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 05:25:30 -0500, "Craig M"
wrote:

Hi, just wondering what ya'll think of the Slingshot line of camera bags,
from what I have seen online, they seem like a good idea, would be carrying
a D50 and a extra lens, the charger, extra batt, ect.
Is it a good system or should I spend my money on something else???
thanks

I had one but returned it for a backpack. It seemed a good idea on
paper but I didn't like it in actual use. Buy one where it can be
returned and give it a try. Many people do like them.
Old June 3rd 07, 11:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Craig M

Looked at the AV 200 in Best Buy last night, yes I know big box store, but
was the only place close to me that had one, and still not sure about it, in
theory it seems to work, but trying it out, and hooking the un hooking and
slinging it arorund, just not sure, trying to find a way to carry the D50
most all the time, but not nesscesarly all the other gear, have seen pics of
cases that ride on the hip, like a shootin' iron, but nothing in the store,
I want to touch and feel it, see how it works, see if it fitst arround my
hips too...any ideas would be appreiacated...

u...

Old June 3rd 07, 11:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wayne J. Cosshall

Don't know what to suggest. Bags are such a personal thing that you
really do need a place where you can either try many or at least be able
to return it in a short time if you don't like it. One other option is a
bum bag. These are many different sizes.

With the 100 I had some times that I didn't like it was it was swinging
around to my front when I bent to do something with the bike, or
something. But it grew on me. The trick was having the strap tight
enough to stop it moving but loose enough to make it easy to swing it
around. After a bit of my being a klutz putting it on and off, I got the
hang of it.

Old June 5th 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Frank ess

Craig M wrote:
Looked at the AV 200 in Best Buy last night, yes I know big box
store, but was the only place close to me that had one, and still
not
sure about it, in theory it seems to work, but trying it out, and
hooking the un hooking and slinging it arorund, just not sure,
trying
to find a way to carry the D50 most all the time, but not
nesscesarly
all the other gear, have seen pics of cases that ride on the hip,
like a shootin' iron, but nothing in the store, I want to touch and
feel it, see how it works, see if it fitst arround my hips too...any
ideas would be appreiacated...

My solutions are many and varied, but the one I use most frequently
involves a "belt" bag, or "butt-pack", a super-size pocket on a belt.
I have one that will hold an extra lens the size of a Canon 70-200
2.8L IS, 50mm 1.8, 420 flash, 2x converter, 12mm extension tube,
literature, CF cards, filters, batteries for camera and flash, cell
phone, ID and cleaning supplies. The other belt bag holds all that and
a spare body (20D without battery-grip). If I had a single all-purpose
lens, it would simplify the whole problem.

The problem is, I have to carry the principal camera and lens (5D and
either the 70-200 or 24-70 2.8L) at the ready, or in another bag of
some kind. It worked good Saturday evening (when I tried my hand at
theater photography), and I even learned to swap lenses by opening the
bag behind me, rather than slide it around to the front, as I had done
previously. For it to slide conveniently, it has to be too loose for
comfortable carrying, tends to slide down. So that part is OK, too.

Like slide scanning, the best bet is a well-trained intern, in this
case to wheel or porter your complete setup, and to put the required
item in your hand at the snap of a finger. No such luck here. So far.

--
Frank ess

Camera Bags tomm42 Digital SLR Cameras 16 March 17th 06 04:28 PM
camera bags mo Digital SLR Cameras 14 August 12th 05 10:01 PM
Camera Bags Robert R Kircher, Jr. Digital SLR Cameras 5 July 24th 05 02:22 AM
Pro Camera Bags 4Sale Hotgeyser 35mm Equipment for Sale 0 August 30th 04 06:33 AM
PRO CAMERA BAGS 4SALE Hotgeyser 35mm Equipment for Sale 0 August 28th 04 08:23 PM