Question on shutter duration setting in Google Pixel camera app or its Gcam APK port on Android devices

Old July 30th 20, 05:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.mobile.android
Arlen Holder[_6_]

Default Question on shutter duration setting in Google Pixel camera app or its Gcam APK port on Android devices

If you have the Google Gcam app, can you show me where the timed-exposure
setting is located (e.g., to set a 3-minute exposure of the night sky)?

I'd like to take a timed exposure (e.g., 3 minutes at f1.8) on my Moto G7
o ...of the night sky (with star trails, for example)

My default camera app is the Pixel Google Gcam app, as per this thread:
o *Changing the camera app can remarkably improve your photo quality of results*
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.photo.digital/LtY49dG01mc

In order to better make use of the "Night Sight" Gcam option for
astrophysical snapshots, I need a shutter duration control...

But I can't find (yet) the shutter-duration options in Google Gcam.
o Can you?

Here's what I do to look for that shutter-duration control for snapping
photos of the night sky:

(1) Open Google Gcam
(2) It defaults to "Camera" so swipe left to reveal to the right
more options & select "More"
(3) In "More" are 5 options, where you tap on "Night Sight"
(4) The shutter button turns into a "half moon" icon which when
you tap, it says:
(4a) "Hold Still", then puts a circle, which completes clockwise
(4b) You have options at top for exit, timer, and focus
(4c) Tapping the viewing area shows AF/AE exposure controls at right
(4d) Tapping the bottom right magnifier icon shows zoom controls on bottom

That's it for controls, where I don't see (in Gcam version 6.1) where the
shutter-open duration setting is located.

I'd like to take a timed exposure (e.g., 3 minutes at f1.8) on my Moto G7,
but I can't find a timed-exposure option on the Google Gcam version 6.1
port.

If you have the Google Gcam app, can you show me where that timed-exposure
setting is located?
--
People purposefully helping others is what makes Usenet so valuable to me.