Canon Digital Rebel Question

Old December 10th 04, 02:59 PM
JR

Default Canon Digital Rebel Question

Hello,
Question on picture transfer. Is there a way to connect the Rebel directly
to the computer so When I shoot a picture it loads to the screen. Currently
I am having to shoot the pictures and remove the flashcard out and put into
the computer for transfer.

Thanks JR

Old December 10th 04, 03:15 PM
Robert R Kircher, Jr.

"JR" wrote in message
. com...
Hello,
Question on picture transfer. Is there a way to connect the Rebel directly
to the computer so When I shoot a picture it loads to the screen.
Currently I am having to shoot the pictures and remove the flashcard out
and put into the computer for transfer.

You should have a software called Remote Capture. It was installed with the
other software from the CD. I think this does what you want.

--

Rob

Old December 10th 04, 05:34 PM
Canongirly

"Robert R Kircher, Jr." wrote in message
"JR" wrote in message
. com...
Hello,
Question on picture transfer. Is there a way to connect the Rebel
directly to the computer so When I shoot a picture it loads to the
screen. Currently I am having to shoot the pictures and remove the
flashcard out and put into the computer for transfer.

You should have a software called Remote Capture. It was installed with
the other software from the CD. I think this does what you want.

--

Rob

One point about it though, you can use either the shutter release on the
camera or the space bar on the computer, but the delay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What IDIOT thought that up?

Oh Great for still lifes, or time lapse/astro photography, but ****e for
anything else. you know like portraiture, modelling,...oh I like that
expression....bugger missed it, sometime soon the camera will fire.....maybe
if I cooked lunch for a troop of cub scouts ...oh look it's fired FINALLY.

I don't know about the rest of the world but when I push the shutter release
I want something to happen, so why does hitching an otherwise extremely nice
camera to a computer seriously knobble it in it's tracks?

It's such a shame. The only time the camera suffers any kind of delay, other
than autofocus hunt, which reminds me that I really must throw that sigma
lens against the nearest available wall.

Sorry to rant but that piece of software was such a dissappointment.

Now where's that lens...

Old December 10th 04, 06:49 PM
Todd H.

"Canongirly" writes:

Sorry to rant but that piece of software was such a dissappointment.

Canon's software in general is such a disappointment. Ugh.

Thank god for my CF drive.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

Old December 10th 04, 06:57 PM
Florian

"JR" wrote in message
. com...
Hello,
Question on picture transfer. Is there a way to connect the Rebel directly
to the computer so When I shoot a picture it loads to the
screen. Currently I am having to shoot the pictures and remove the
flashcard out and put into the computer for transfer.

You should have a software called Remote Capture. It was installed with
the other software from the CD. I think this does what you want.

One point about it though, you can use either the shutter release on the
camera or the space bar on the computer, but the delay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check the "Timer shooting" tab, where you can set the delay

Large images are still very slow to transfer, but you can continue to shoot
while the transfer's going on.
--
fecit quoque Dominus Deus Adam et uxori eius tunicas pellicias et induit eos

Old December 10th 04, 10:45 PM
Michael A. Covington

I wonder if DSLR Focus (www.dslrfocus.com, a Remote Capture workalike
designed for astrophotography) is faster. Haven't tested it yet...