Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 6th 18, 08:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
David B.[_2_]

Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint withfonts?

On 06/04/2018 17:18, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
Am Thu, 5 Apr 2018 10:53:23 +0100, schrieb David B.:

I understand your frustration, Ragnusen.

However, I'm not so sure it has to do with folk using Apple products.

I think we both, David, you and me, have been on Usenet for decades, and
we're both well trained in technical topics where we prove our facts.

I have watched for about two decades or so, the Apple-versus-adults
arguments, where it always amazed me that the Apple users unilaterally
are the ones acting like children act.

I pondered for years why this would be so repeatable.
I don't claim to have the answer - but I do have a hypothesis.

The Apple user is *drawn* to the Apple product, which Apple Marketing
*differentiates* by selling the Apple user on a few promises.

1. Ease of use
2. Safety
3. Security
4. Functionality
5. Style

Are those the top features that Apple Marketing "sells" to its user base?
For the moment, in this post, I assume you agree (although you're
welcome to explain what you think draws people to Apple products).

Let's just take one of those selling points, which is "functionality",
and then let's state a well-known fact:
1. There is zero app functionality on iOS that isn't on Android
2. There is tons of app functionality on Android that isn't on iOS.

That's a fact. That's not a hypothesis. That's a fact.

For example, my Android devices load any app launcher I want so I can
organize my phone any way I want, and I have automatic phone recorders,
bit torrent apps, graphical recording of wifi signal strength for all
access points, accurate reporting of unique cell tower IDs, ability to
put app icons whereever I want them, etc.

On the other hand, in years, nobody can find a *single* iOS app
functionality that isn't already on Android. Not a single one.
(Sure they make claims about imaginary functionality, but they forget I
also have plenty of iOS devices where their claims always fall flat when
tested.)

Here's just one example of their claims of imaginary iOS functionality:
Â*Android Fact:
Â*http://wetakepic.com/images/2017/10/11/2wifianalyzer.jpg
Â*Apple Fact:
Â*http://wetakepic.com/images/2017/10/11/wifi_sweetspots.jpg
So why do the iOS users incessantly claim imaginary Apple functionality?
I don't know why.

But I hypothesize that they bought into the Marketing claims, and they
never once doublechecked any facts, so, when facts are brought up to
them, they react with immediate hatred and denials of what is, after
all, just a fact.

What do you think about that hypothesis, bearing in mind that it's based
only on the Usenet experience, and not the many Apple web forums (where,
in some, I myself, have written tutorials, e.g., when I first jailbroke
an iOS 4 way back when AT&T was the only official carrier).

Hello Ragnusen

You have far greater Usenet experience than I do - I'd never even heard
of it until I became involved with the Microsoft groups back in 2006.
Most of them are listed he- http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

My son once recomended that I buy an iMac after spending some time in
the Apple store in Albuquerque, New Mexico in 2007/8. He loved the
design and bought one in the USA - I explored in an Apple shop here in
the UK and was similarly entranced. I've just recently bought a new 27
inch iMac to replace my original 24 inch machine and am truly enthralled
with it's speed and fantastic picture quality.

If you've not yet physically tried one, I suggest that you do so. :-)

--
David B.