5D Meets Hummingbird

Old March 30th 07, 01:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Miller

Default 5D Meets Hummingbird

I finally got a chance to shoot hummers with the new 5D and my 400mm
5.6L. I didn't use my typical lighting set up because I wanted to
emphasize feather detail. So I only used light from one direction. The
following is a full-size crop.

http://tinyurl.com/3bkkrj

The noise in the background is mostly the result of the sharpening
method that I used.

Eric Miller
www.dyesscreek.com
Old March 30th 07, 03:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

On Mar 29, 8:45 pm, Eric Miller
wrote:
I finally got a chance to shoot hummers with the new 5D and my 400mm
5.6L. I didn't use my typical lighting set up because I wanted to
emphasize feather detail. So I only used light from one direction. The
following is a full-size crop.

http://tinyurl.com/3bkkrj

The noise in the background is mostly the result of the sharpening
method that I used.

Eric Millerwww.dyesscreek.com

Dear Eric,
I hate you!

-Annika

Old March 30th 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
MarkČ

Eric Miller wrote:
I finally got a chance to shoot hummers with the new 5D and my 400mm
5.6L. I didn't use my typical lighting set up because I wanted to
emphasize feather detail. So I only used light from one direction. The
following is a full-size crop.

http://tinyurl.com/3bkkrj

The noise in the background is mostly the result of the sharpening
method that I used.

Eric Miller
www.dyesscreek.com

Wow. That you actually managed to get the eye absolutely sharp...is amazing
at this distance. Great shot.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old March 30th 07, 06:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Matt Ion

Annika1980 wrote:
On Mar 29, 8:45 pm, Eric Miller
wrote:

I finally got a chance to shoot hummers with the new 5D and my 400mm
5.6L. I didn't use my typical lighting set up because I wanted to
emphasize feather detail. So I only used light from one direction. The
following is a full-size crop.

http://tinyurl.com/3bkkrj

The noise in the background is mostly the result of the sharpening
method that I used.

Eric Millerwww.dyesscreek.com

Dear Eric,
I hate you!

-Annika

Yabbut, you still have better subject lines... I imagine you'd do this one with
something like, "THE 5D LOVES HUMMERS!!"
Old March 30th 07, 01:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

On Mar 30, 1:20 am, Matt Ion wrote:
Dear Eric,
I hate you!

-Annika

Yabbut, you still have better subject lines... I imagine you'd do this one with
something like, "THE 5D LOVES HUMMERS!!"-

Or maybe "REDNECKS LOVE THE 5D !"

Old March 30th 07, 02:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Miller

MarkČ wrote:
Eric Miller wrote:
I finally got a chance to shoot hummers with the new 5D and my 400mm
5.6L. I didn't use my typical lighting set up because I wanted to
emphasize feather detail. So I only used light from one direction. The
following is a full-size crop.

http://tinyurl.com/3bkkrj

The noise in the background is mostly the result of the sharpening
method that I used.

Eric Miller
www.dyesscreek.com

Wow. That you actually managed to get the eye absolutely sharp...is amazing
at this distance. Great shot.

Oops. Forgot to mention the extension tube. I was only about 7-8 feet
away, f/13-16. The 400 5.6L autofocuses extremely fast on the 5D.

Eric Miller
www.dyesscreek.com
Old March 30th 07, 02:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Miller

Annika1980 wrote:
On Mar 30, 1:20 am, Matt Ion wrote:
Dear Eric,
I hate you!
-Annika

Yabbut, you still have better subject lines... I imagine you'd do this one with
something like, "THE 5D LOVES HUMMERS!!"-

Or maybe "REDNECKS LOVE THE 5D !"

Be careful now! After all, I'm only half redneck.

Eric Miller
www.dyesscreek.com
Old March 30th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

? "Matt Ion" ?????? ??? ??????
Annika1980 wrote:
On Mar 29, 8:45 pm, Eric Miller
wrote:

I finally got a chance to shoot hummers with the new 5D and my 400mm
5.6L. I didn't use my typical lighting set up because I wanted to
emphasize feather detail. So I only used light from one direction. The
following is a full-size crop.

http://tinyurl.com/3bkkrj

The noise in the background is mostly the result of the sharpening
method that I used.

Eric Millerwww.dyesscreek.com

Dear Eric,
I hate you!

-Annika

Yabbut, you still have better subject lines... I imagine you'd do this one

with
something like, "THE 5D LOVES HUMMERS!!"

Yes, I agree, this is so much Brett-ish.Of course the photo is very good,
too.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

Old March 30th 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Eric Miller wrote:
MarkČ wrote:
Eric Miller wrote:
I finally got a chance to shoot hummers with the new 5D and my 400mm
5.6L. I didn't use my typical lighting set up because I wanted to
emphasize feather detail. So I only used light from one direction. The
following is a full-size crop.

http://tinyurl.com/3bkkrj

The noise in the background is mostly the result of the sharpening
method that I used.

Which was?

Wow. That you actually managed to get the eye absolutely sharp...is
amazing at this distance. Great shot.

Oops. Forgot to mention the extension tube. I was only about 7-8 feet
away, f/13-16. The 400 5.6L autofocuses extremely fast on the 5D.

Even with the lowly 400 L s, a very nice shot indeed!

--
John McWilliams

Old March 31st 07, 01:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

On Mar 30, 9:53 am, Eric Miller
wrote:

Or maybe "REDNECKS LOVE THE 5D !"

Be careful now! After all, I'm only half redneck.

I was talkin bout the bird.