And now for something completely different

Old July 30th 15, 02:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

Default And now for something completely different

On 7/29/15 5:46 PM, in article
, "RichA"
wrote:

On Tuesday, 28 July 2015 01:36:32 UTC-4, Sandman wrote:
In article , RichA
wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/imag...62409/original

Over-sharpened. And the deer seems very surprised by it

--
Sandman

That's Olympus. I applied no sharpening.

Bull****!

Old August 1st 15, 04:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 7/30/15 8:37 PM, in article
, "RichA"
wrote:

On Thursday, 30 July 2015 09:53:21 UTC-4, George Kerby wrote:
On 7/29/15 5:46 PM, in article
, "RichA"

wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/imag...62409/original

Over-sharpened. And the deer seems very surprised by it

--
Sandman

That's Olympus. I applied no sharpening.

Bull****!

I applied no sharpening to their JPEG. Prove otherwise, you wizened old man.

Who the hell is "their"?!? You're sayin it is not yours?

No one can prove evidence of absence:
If Alice bakes a pie, she then places the pie on her window-sill.
She did not place a pie on her window-sill.
Therefore, Alice did not bake a pie.

Old August 2nd 15, 03:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 8/1/15 8:19 PM, in article
, "RichA"
wrote:

On Saturday, 1 August 2015 11:06:37 UTC-4, George Kerby wrote:
On 7/30/15 8:37 PM, in article
, "RichA"

wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/imag...62409/original

Over-sharpened. And the deer seems very surprised by it

--
Sandman

That's Olympus. I applied no sharpening.

Bull****!

I applied no sharpening to their JPEG. Prove otherwise, you wizened old
man.

Who the hell is "their"?!? You're sayin it is not yours?

"Their" meaning Olympus's in-camera treatment of JPEGs. The only thing I did
to the image was downsize it from its native size, that's it.

What a crappy thing to do!

Thanks for the warning - no Oly products in my future!!

Old August 2nd 15, 03:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2015-08-02 10:21, George Kerby wrote:

I applied no sharpening to their JPEG. Prove otherwise, you wizened old
man.

Who the hell is "their"?!? You're sayin it is not yours?

"Their" meaning Olympus's in-camera treatment of JPEGs. The only thing I did
to the image was downsize it from its native size, that's it.

What a crappy thing to do!

Thanks for the warning - no Oly products in my future!!

Why would anyone serious about photography care a single whit about how
JPEG's are processed in camera?

Old August 2nd 15, 04:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 8/2/2015 10:21 AM, George Kerby wrote:

On 8/1/15 8:19 PM, in article
, "RichA"

wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/imag...62409/original

Over-sharpened. And the deer seems very surprised by it

--
Sandman

That's Olympus. I applied no sharpening.

Bull****!

I applied no sharpening to their JPEG. Prove otherwise, you wizened old
man.

Who the hell is "their"?!? You're sayin it is not yours?

"Their" meaning Olympus's in-camera treatment of JPEGs. The only thing I did
to the image was downsize it from its native size, that's it.

What a crappy thing to do!

Thanks for the warning - no Oly products in my future!!

IIRC some sharpening is incorporated in many resizing algorithms. In PS
it used to be a bi-cubic formula. Not sure what it is today.

--
PeterN
Old August 4th 15, 04:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS

wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/imag...62409/original

Over-sharpened. And the deer seems very surprised by it

--
Sandman

That's Olympus. I applied no sharpening.

Bull****!

I applied no sharpening to their JPEG. Prove otherwise, you
wizened old man.

Who the hell is "their"?!? You're sayin it is not yours?

"Their" meaning Olympus's in-camera treatment of JPEGs. The only
thing I did to the image was downsize it from its native size, that's
it.

An image should be sharpened after resizing, not before. You can't do
that with an in-camera JPEG which is another reason to shoot raw.