Revisit Lytro

Old August 1st 14, 12:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN

Default Revisit Lytro

Here is an interesting article about Lytro technology. According to the
article on of the reasons for lack of success in the P&S filed is that:
" Indeed, some of today’s high-end phones — like Samsung’s Galaxy S5 —
can mimic Lytro’s refocusing trick."
That capability is something I have not heard of before.

Also Lytro has announced that will be producing a higher end camera that
will retail for $1,499, a price out of the toy range for most people. My
reading of the article is that the new camera has a higher learning
curve than normal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/31/technology/personaltech/lytros-illum-is-a-camera-for-serious-photographers.html?_r=0

http://tinyurl.com/kqyaz3s

For the Lytro POV see:
https://www.lytro.com/

Let's see if it sells. I wish LYTRO well, but doubt if I would invest in
Lytro.

--
PeterN

Lytro - I have one! otter Digital Photography 2 September 19th 13 05:58 AM
Lytro Dave Digital Photography 35 March 30th 12 12:34 PM
Lytro philo[_3_] Digital Photography 36 March 25th 12 10:46 PM
Lytro = junkpile Eric Stevens Digital Photography 3 March 3rd 12 03:45 PM
Lytro philo[_3_] Digital Photography 16 November 1st 11 11:07 PM