My last post

Old October 23rd 04, 05:45 AM
John

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 00:18:23 GMT, Gregory W Blank
wrote:

Well, I don't want to argue about it; it's a pretty subjective thing.

However, I think we can all agree on at least one objective measure of how bad
things are or aren't he if Richard Knoppow ever stops posting, then I'll
agree that things have gotten very bad indeed.

David, Richard has been more quite than usual for him. At one point
(when I started on the Usenet )it was almost every thread he would
comment upon. I am just glad John Douglas , Lloyd Erlick and others
continue here, dispite the "trolls".

Unfortunately all of our knowledge really pales compared to
Richard's library ;) I could just imagine Grant Haist and Richard
sitting over a brandy discussing Mees. Oh to be a fly on that wall !

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer - http://www.puresilver.org
Please remove the "_" when replying via email

Old October 23rd 04, 08:24 AM
David Nebenzahl

On 10/22/2004 12:20 PM Tom Phillips spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 10/21/2004 8:42 PM John spake thus:

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 08:02:22 -0700, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

On 10/21/2004 5:36 AM John spake thus:

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 16:40:15 GMT, Gregory W Blank
wrote:

Peter I agree, but just leaving gives in to them, and is exactly is what
these people want, If you don't ignore them they will always win.

Unfortunately they seem to be determined to have the longest
****ing contest in the history of the USENET.

Well, if that's their intention, they're not even close. Check other
newsgroups if you want to see some *real* action: this ain't nothing.

This isn't a competition David. In general I agree with Peter.

My point was that things aren't half as bad here as some folks make out. If
they want to see a really ****ed-up situation, there are other newsgroups with
much more vituperation, backbiting, etc., etc.

I think there's a bit of Chicken Little stuff going on here.

Interesting point of view from someone who sometimes
behaves like a troll himself...

Interesting: your definition of troll seems to be "someone who posts stuff I
disagree with". Or something like that.

--
Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a
really easy way: stop participating in it.

- Noam Chomsky

Old October 23rd 04, 01:57 PM
John

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 00:24:41 -0700, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

Interesting: your definition of troll seems to be "someone who posts stuff I
disagree with". Or something like that.

A troll is a person that is aggressively antagonistic.

The Usenet Troll Song

Be a troll! Be a troll!
Let disruption be your goal -
Anything that you can do to draw attention to your role
Egoboo can be nice
Get your fix at any price
You can make entire newsgroups into clucking little birdcoops

Be a troll! Be a troll!
Pound their patience into coal
Tell the regulars they have no sense of flair
Insult their mothers too and their manners, pfoo!
Be a troll, be a troll, be a troll!

Make them burn, make them freeze
Sing of people scratching fleas
S****** at the woes of others who are forced upon their knees
Stress and fear, jealous rage
Let them be your guiding gauge
Then accuse the quiet suckers all as nosy mother****ers

Don't be small, don't be tame
Show you have no sense of shame
Just enrage them til on stage the heads will roll
You love to shrill out flame, it's all a giant game
Be a troll, dig a hole, you're a troll.

Flaming dues, barbeques
Ought to wake 'em where they snooze
Don't forget to douse the fires with proof 307 booze
(song tangent) : 307 Ale my friends, 307 Ale!
The finest drink that any bar has ever had for sale!...
(ahem) Feed them slugs, feed them snails
Put their legs between their tails
And so what if you are hated cuz their nerves are really grated

When you leave, do salute
give that middle finger toot
And be proud of your achievements in your soul
For you have shown that they are evil in their way
You're a troll-l-l-l, says our poll-l-l-l, you're a troll-l-l-l!
(or, "a-ass-ho-o-o-ole!")

Jacob Sommer
December 9 2000

From a suggestion posted to rec.music.filk by Leslie Fish, with some
words by Gary McGath.

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer - http://www.puresilver.org
Vote "No! for the status quo. Vote 3rd party !!
Old October 23rd 04, 10:01 PM
Tom Phillips

wrote:

[...]

Typical troll diversionary reply. You deliberately crossposted
a thread with my name on it, minus the original thread and context,
for the purpose of trolling.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918
Old October 24th 04, 03:18 AM
David Nebenzahl

On 10/23/2004 2:01 PM Tom Phillips spake thus:

wrote:

[...]

Bull****. Check the messages in both newsgroups: they were *not* crossposted.
I simply posted [almost] the same message in both places. Not at all the same
as crossposting (or does your dictionary define that differently too?).