New Panasonic Lumix ZS-Series TV Commercial

Old March 21st 10, 04:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Peter[_7_]

Default New Panasonic Lumix ZS-Series TV Commercial

On 2010-03-20 22:36:14 -0700, Robert Spanjaard said:

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 22:00:32 -0700, Mike Russell wrote:

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:29:22 -0400, Bowser wrote:

"LOL!" wrote in message
-

Panasonic targeted that commercial to people incapable of learning to
use a DSLR, and you are the perfect victim. Anyway, please post your
birding shots or any BIF shots you've taken with your PoS camera. I'd
love to see them.

I'm sure you would.
http://mike.russell-home.net/tmp/bcn...errit_2123.JPG

This is what I got while fumnbling with my heavy and cumbersome crap. ;-)

http://www.arumes.com/photo/main.php?g2_itemId=71

Aah! What the hell!
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DSC_3490w.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DSC_3491w2.jpg

Not nearly as detailed, but:
http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=960610

--
Peter

Old March 21st 10, 05:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
ROFLMAO![_4_]

"LOL!" wrote in message
-

Panasonic targeted that commercial to people incapable of learning to
use a DSLR, and you are the perfect victim. Anyway, please post your
birding shots or any BIF shots you've taken with your PoS camera. I'd
love to see them.

I'm sure you would.
http://mike.russell-home.net/tmp/bcn...errit_2123.JPG

This is what I got while fumnbling with my heavy and cumbersome crap. ;-)

http://www.arumes.com/photo/main.php?g2_itemId=71

Aah! What the hell!
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DSC_3490w.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DSC_3491w2.jpg

Not nearly as detailed, but:
http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=960610

You snapshooter DSLR-Trolls *ARE* joking, right? This is what you shoot
with your DSLRs?!?

Here's what a quick & ready P&S camera can do ......

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4042/...7b199042_o.jpg

Really, you ****in' retard snapshooters without a prayer or a clue, give it
a rest already. I'll beat you at the camera and pro-photographer game at
every turn. 100% guaranteed!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

Old March 21st 10, 05:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
LOL!

On 2010-03-20 22:36:14 -0700, Robert Spanjaard said:

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 22:00:32 -0700, Mike Russell wrote:

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:29:22 -0400, Bowser wrote:

"LOL!" wrote in message
om...
-

[...]

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!- Hide quoted text -

Beat Vance.

Beat your meat!

I NEVER do what a useless pretend-photographer role-playing troll demands.

LOL!

Old March 21st 10, 07:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
SMS

On 21/03/10 11:14 AM, Val Hallah wrote:

Wildlife photography is especially poorly suited to P&S cameras, unless
you can convince the wildlife to come _really_ close to you!

or you own an Olympus sp590uz....soon to be sp800uz

Another super-zoom P&S that looks great on paper but falls short in
terms of image quality. A lens that's a big compromise with a sensor
that's far too small for the number of pixels. Still, it's probably the
best of the super-zooms.

The SP-800 looks to be a disaster. Too many pixels for the sensor, no
EVF, and a stupid long lens.
Old March 21st 10, 08:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
LOL!

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 12:53:04 -0700 (PDT), DanP wrote:

On 21 Mar, 18:14, Val Hallah wrote:
On Mar 19, 2:48*pm, SMS wrote:

Bruce wrote:

snip

Panasonic targeted that commercial to people incapable of learning to use a
DSLR, and you are the perfect victim.

Exactly so. *

And could this be the same Panasonic company that actively markets
Micro Four Thirds cameras and interchangeable lenses as an *upgrade*
from point and shoot digicams? * Of course it could!

Panasonic is in a desperate situation. Sales P&S cameras have leveled
off and all the growth is in D-SLRs because consumers have become more
aware of the advantages of D-SLRs. Panasonic has no D-SLRs. So all
Panasonic can do is to create commercials that try to mislead consumers.
Very sad. Looks like they found one victim in our favorite troll.

Wildlife photography is especially poorly suited to P&S cameras, unless
you can convince the wildlife to come _really_ close to you!

or you own an Olympus sp590uz....soon to be sp800uz

Made me curious and I have found this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/quinet/97834921/sizes/o/

30x zoom and 10 fps are nice if you don't care for noise and CA.
The bigger the zoom range the worse CA will be, especially at the end
of zoom range.

DanP

LOL!!!!!!!! Oh wise pretend-photographer fool, now you have to explain to
everyone why that might be so!

But YOU CAN'T!

Because IT'S A ****ING LIE!

LOL!

Old March 22nd 10, 05:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Mike Russell[_3_]

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 12:26:16 -0500, ROFLMAO! wrote:

Here's what a quick & ready P&S camera can do ......

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4042/...7b199042_o.jpg

Really, you ****in' retard snapshooters without a prayer or a clue, give it
a rest already. I'll beat you at the camera and pro-photographer game at
every turn. 100% guaranteed!

This is a composite of several bird images, taken from different angles
that do not match up in the final image. It's not a bad effect, and it is
interesting enough to be a commercially saleable image, but it does not
resemble an original image.

Do you have a reasonably good P&S bird image to show?
--
Mike Russell - http://www.curvemeister.com
Old March 22nd 10, 05:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
LOL!

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 22:24:04 -0700, Mike Russell
wrote:

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 12:26:16 -0500, ROFLMAO! wrote:

Here's what a quick & ready P&S camera can do ......

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4042/...7b199042_o.jpg

Really, you ****in' retard snapshooters without a prayer or a clue, give it
a rest already. I'll beat you at the camera and pro-photographer game at
every turn. 100% guaranteed!

This is a composite of several bird images, taken from different angles
that do not match up in the final image. It's not a bad effect, and it is
interesting enough to be a commercially saleable image, but it does not
resemble an original image.

Do you have a reasonably good P&S bird image to show?

WRONG, MORON! It's a single shot. Anyone with a sharp eye can tell that
just by the light on their feathers alone. I guess that counts you out,
don't it.

LOL!

I was on a bird photo expedition and after deciding I had taken enough of
them sitting still, preening, feeding, etc., I thought I should get some in
flight, so I startled them into the air for that shot (among others). I
despise manipulated images and have posted strongly against that in the
past. I also pride myself on being able to compose in-camera, that fast.

THIS IS WHAT PRO PHOTOGRAPHERS DO.

Don't you ****in' get it yet? You useless **** of an asswipe
pretend-photographer snapshooting troll.

Why don't you do what all you other useless-**** DSLR trolls do? Claim I
stole it, or shot it with a DSLR?

LOL!

Old March 22nd 10, 03:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
LOL!

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 03:15:23 -0700 (PDT), Vance
wrote:

this image isn't even close to commercial in quality

No ****, you ****in' Sherlock! I *NEVER* post anything marketable to the
net. This is only one from a whole series. I put it on calendars to give
away to friends one year because I didn't like their formation in this one.
Something to be thrown away. Now where's your example? You lousy piece of
**** role-playing pretend-photographer troll.

Taking images of any birds in flight with any P&S camera in my hands is
easy. Apparently you DSLR-Troll ****s are so inept and talentless that you
can't even do that. As proved by the crapshot too-shallow-DOF blurry
sitting-bird photos. Go ahead, explain to us again why a DSLR is required
for wildlife photography. And don't give us that bull**** song and dance
about high ISOs. The aperture on super-zoom P&S cameras at longest reach
surpasses DSLR glass by up to 3 to 4 aperture stops so high ISOs aren't
needed. High ISOs are the required crutch of ****ty camera designs and ****
poor snapshooters.

LOL!

Old March 22nd 10, 04:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Mike Russell[_3_]

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 05:44:38 -0700 (PDT), DanP wrote:

On 22 Mar, 05:24, Mike Russell wrote:

What is the point arguing with him? He will never post an honest photo
with EXIF data.

DanP

Actually, I'm not arguing with him - he's blocked. I pity the people who
don't have this choice, and must be around him on a daily basis. Can you
imagine? LOL.

Regarding the egret composite, I've been wrong in the past, but this image
is so obviously a composite it's probably not worth discussing. If anyone
wants, I will post a list of mistakes that were made in creating what I
still consider a rather attractive final result.

The funny thing is, I agree with what's-his-face's point that SLR's will
*eventually* be supplanted by high quality non-reflex cameras, EVIL and the
next generation of integrated lens/sensor cameras. At the same time I
respect people who create excellent photographs, whatever camera they may
use.
--
Mike Russell - http://www.curvemeister.com
Old March 22nd 10, 04:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
LOL!

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 09:14:02 -0700, Mike Russell
wrote:

Regarding the egret composite, I've been wrong in the past, but this image
is so obviously a composite it's probably not worth discussing. If anyone
wants, I will post a list of mistakes that were made in creating what I
still consider a rather attractive final result.

Oh, that would be hilarious to read! Please do! Hell, you can't even get
the bird species right let alone anything else about that single-shot
non-composite photo. Holy **** man! Can't you even see the curved beaks?
LOL!!!!! And then you profess to claim to know more about that photo than
the one who shot it? LOL!!!!!!!!!

Please! Do show us even MORE examples your lofty intelligence, OH EXULTED
AND MIGHTY PRETEND-PHOTOGRAPHER DSLR-TROLL.

(The sarcasm did come through clearly, didn't it?)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let us all not forget that that image was posted to PROVE that a P&S camera
is more capable of capturing birds in flight than any clunky DSLR gear.
Where you would miss all the shots in changing lenses in time. That shot
was taken using the widest angle on the super-zoom lens because they were
that close when they burst into flight. No time to switch from telephoto to
wide-angle lens on a DSLR. And doing so would have made the very noise and
actions that would have startled them in the first place. But when has the
original problem presented with *all* DSLRs ever stopped the DSLR TROLLS
from using their red-herring displacement activity (can't fight or flight)
to evade and avoid the REAL issue?