Jobo CPA-2/CPP-2

Old June 18th 04, 10:31 PM
Mark Cudworth

Default Jobo CPA-2/CPP-2

A quick but perhaps odd question: Do all CPP/CPA processors w/lift have
the drain on the left side (when facing it), or is there a way of making
them "left-handed" so they drain off of the right side of the device?

--
Mark Cudworth

Old June 18th 04, 11:39 PM
Ralf R. Radermacher

Mark Cudworth wrote:

A quick but perhaps odd question: Do all CPP/CPA processors w/lift have
the drain on the left side (when facing it), or is there a way of making
them "left-handed" so they drain off of the right side of the device?

Knowing these processors and the CPE2 literally inside out, I'm sorry to
say there's no way to convert them in the way you mean to without a very
complex and elaborate hacking job. Even then, I'm doubtful that it could
be done.

You might extend the hose and lead this anywhere you like. including to
the right, as long as there is a minimum gradient so the liquid will
continue to flow.

Other than this, nothing I could think of.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher - DL9KCG - Köln/Cologne, Germany
private homepage: http://www.fotoralf.de
Old June 19th 04, 03:10 AM
Jos. Burke

Sure,
Set it up on a table and walk around to the rear when lifting ing to
dump chemicals and the orientation is exactly as you desire!!
Gee, Golly, I should have been a brain surgeon!!
Seriously--This really is the most likely fix without an absolute butcher
job.
(((You could set it up on a narrow stand and do just as stated/ or on a
crner of a table!!))
CPP 2 Owner

Old June 19th 04, 03:46 AM
Mark Cudworth

"Jos. Burke" writes:
Sure,
Set it up on a table and walk around to the rear when lifting ing to
dump chemicals and the orientation is exactly as you desire!!
Gee, Golly, I should have been a brain surgeon!!
Seriously--This really is the most likely fix without an absolute butcher
job.
(((You could set it up on a narrow stand and do just as stated/ or on a
crner of a table!!))
CPP 2 Owner

Not really possible if the bench is against the wall, which is where it
will need to be if it is to be next to a plumbed sink. The reason I
asked this question is that the operation of the Jobo may dictate the
location of the sink with respect to the bench.

This is why I wrote in my original post "while facing it." If I
turn the unit around, or walk around the other side of a table, I am no
longer facing the front of the unit, am I? And this make operating the
Jobo more difficult if the controls are on the opposite side, doesn't it?
Leave brain surgery to the professionals.

--
Mark Cudworth

Old June 19th 04, 03:18 PM
Jos. Burke

Again--
you wrote-"A quick but perhaps odd question: Do all CPP/CPA processors
w/lift have
the drain on the left side (when facing it), or is there a way of making
them "left-handed" so they drain off of the right side of the device?

I wrote-"Sure,
Set it up on a table and walk around to the rear when lifting to
dump chemicals and the orientation is exactly as you desire!!
Gee, Golly, I should have been a brain surgeon!!
Seriously--This really is the most likely fix without an absolute butcher
job.
(((You could set it up on a narrow stand and do just as stated / or on a
corner of a table!!))
CPP 2 Owner

Original poster stated "(when facing it)" and NOT "when facing the front"!
So step around and "face it" from the back for you proper orientation or
pull your head out of your ass and use it as it was intended (your head and
the Jobo!! LOL). Gee, they don't offer a lefty and a righty!!

Seriously you 'nit just --------
a. extend the drain hose behind the Jobo to run to the right side of the
unit and into your disposal method of choice. This hose should lie parallel
to the jobo or even at an angle to aid drainage you niwit.
b. refrain from thinking for yourself anymore as this an obvious attempt at
just that and you have reached your goal with flying colors!! AAA+++ and a
smiley face for you!!

Happy Joboing to you!!

Old June 19th 04, 03:54 PM
JS2RT

is there a way of making
them "left-handed" so they drain off of the right side of the device?

The lift hose fits nicely inside the 1" white plastic pipe. I made an extension
for the lift hose using 1" pipe and two 90 degree fittings. The one on the left
aims a short length of pipe at the flex hose and the one on the right end
extends another piece of pipe down into my sink. I used two cable ties and
their wall attachments to mount the pipe onto the Jobo.
I thought about doing the same thing for the reservoir drain but settled on
using a siphon to drain the reservoir.

Jim Stewart