5700 Histogram

Old September 1st 04, 05:46 PM
Dave E

Default 5700 Histogram

Hi All,
I am buying a backup camera and the Nikon 5700 seems to fit the bill. I have
of course researched various review sites on the web but none afaik have the
information I require.
Does the Nikon 5700 have a record mode "live" histogram. I assume not since
I don't see it in any menu screens featured on the web pages. I see it has a
playback histogram with a display encompassing over exposed areas.
I think I have answered my own question here but would really like a
definitive answer from any owners of this camera.
Thank you for your time.
Dave.

Old September 1st 04, 07:11 PM
Mr Magoo

You *have* answered your own question.

You can do a histogram of a stored picture,of course, but not one 'live'.

The histogram is made by analysing the distribution of pixel characteristics
in the stored picture file off the memory card. Nothing stored - nothing to
analyse - no histogram possible.

Old September 2nd 04, 04:04 AM
Dave E

Thanks Mr Magoo,
As I thought. Oh well.
Thanks again.
Dave.

Old September 2nd 04, 04:04 AM
Dave E

Thanks Mr Magoo,
As I thought. Oh well.
Thanks again.
Dave.

Old September 2nd 04, 12:48 PM
Thom Tapp

The Olympus C5050 has a "live" histogram. You can turn it on or off as
desired.

--
Thom Tapp
Church of the Covered Dish