Ah, Cardiff, City of Culture

Old May 22nd 09, 10:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
MB[_2_]

Default Ah, Cardiff, City of Culture

"Roger Blackwell" wrote in message

"Kurt Sloane" wrote in message
Ah, Cardiff, City of Cultu
http://www.flickr.com/photos/maciejdakowicz/3055945632/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/maciejdakowicz/2880091916/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/maciejdakowicz/2065913541/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/maciejdakowicz/86142813/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/maciejdakowicz/290702374/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/maciejdakowicz/762244345/

Although the media across the world have picked up on these photos, the
crazy thing is that this is quite a "normal" sight in most major towns
and cities in the UK on a Friday and Saturday night.

Well at least people don't get shot as they lay there which would happen
in some parts of the world. Life in the UK has its problems and its
alienated youth but I would still rather live here than in a country that
bans alcohol.

Roger

What struck me about the pictures was that you regularly read of litter
wardens or Police Canteen Support Officers fining people for dropping a
crisp or a crumb, it can even be that they think someone dropped something
without any actual evidence. They usually seem to target people like young
mothers who are not likely to react violently. I wondered why they are not
out preventing real examples of littering as can be seen in these pictures.

Old July 15th 09, 05:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Pete Stavrakoglou

"Chris H" wrote in message
In message , Roger Blackwell
writes

[...]

The US got it back I think but still bans alcohol for under 21 in most
places I thought. Though you are more likely to be shot in US cities
than UK ones at the moment but it is getting touch and go these days.

You're also more likely to be able to shoot back in the USA.

Old July 15th 09, 09:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Allen[_3_]

Chris H wrote:
In message , Roger Blackwell
writes
[...]

Drinking age varies by state. Most use 18, as that is also the minimum
age for voting. Some, including Texas, lowered it to 18 and then raised
it back to 21, mainly because of pressure from school organizations.
Seems that older students in the public schools might have a beer or two
at lunch--horrors!

Unfortunately, you are right about the odds of being shot are too high here.
Allen