was this a steal?

Old September 6th 04, 03:17 AM
jjs

Default was this a steal?

"PGG" wrote in message
newsan.2004.09.06.01.57.37.59000@NO_SP_A_Myahoo. com...
I watched this one go, but I had no need for another monorail. Was it a
steal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

NO.

Old September 6th 04, 01:18 PM
jjs

"PGG" wrote in message
news
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

NO.

Thats good to know. For some reason I thought Horseman == $$$$$

Their field cameras can be pricey. A mere hull of a studio camera isn't.

Old September 7th 04, 02:51 PM
Shelley

I watched this one go, but I had no need for another monorail. Was it a
steal?

Assuming it's in good working condition, it probably was something of a
steal though how big a steal is hard to say without knowing the model number
and seeing more and better pictures of it than the seller provides. The
least expensive Horseman monorail used to be the LE which sold for about
$1,500 new. The LS and the LX sell for about $2,800 and $3,900
respectively. I'm not a Horseman expert but my guess is that the one you
looked at is the LE or perhaps an earlier version of the LE. The LE sold new
for about $1,500 and this camera went for $286 which isn't felony grand
theft but is at least a first degree misdemeanor, subject to the foregoing
assumptions.

Old September 7th 04, 07:54 PM
Ted Harris

It was a steal as long as everything is working well. I use a Horseman in my
studio day-in and day-out. One fo the most solid and best buys around in
monorails and a very extensive system.

As for this one though the main rail appears worn and that is no problem as
long as it has all its gear teeth but again cant tell fromt eh pictures. The
other rail is nice to have but only useful for lenses that require very little
in the way of bellows extension. Yes it almsot certainly is the entry level
beast but still a good camera as long as everything is working well. Usually
these sell for around $500 in this condition.
Ted Harris
Resource Strategy
Henniker, New Hampshire

Old September 7th 04, 11:21 PM
Bob G

You can't sell a metal monorail studio 4x5 camera for anything over $49.95 any
more. Everyone's gone digital.

Bob G
Old September 7th 04, 11:21 PM
Bob G