Website "theft??"

Old May 28th 05, 03:47 AM
RichA

Default Website "theft??"

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=13658720
Old May 28th 05, 05:22 AM
Paul Furman

Have his web host shut it down.

RichA wrote:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=13658720

--
Paul Furman
http://www.edgehill.net/1
san francisco native plants
Old May 28th 05, 06:12 AM
Frank ess

Paul Furman wrote:
Have his web host shut it down.

RichA wrote:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=13658720

If you can convice them the direction of migration was from A to B,
rather than vice versa.

Old May 28th 05, 02:48 PM
Craig Marston

"RichA" wrote in message
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=13658720

Who is Lawrence? If you look at the page info his page was modified on 12
May. The one by Zero was modified on 26 May. I don't know if this proves
anything... Also, looking at the source code the comment tags are
identical although the source itself isn't: Zero's is scruffy and twice the
size. Although, both sites appear to have been made using templates.

Craig.

Old May 28th 05, 03:50 PM
Paul Furman

Craig Marston wrote:

"RichA" wrote in message

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=13658720

Who is Lawrence? If you look at the page info his page was modified on 12
May. The one by Zero was modified on 26 May. I don't know if this proves
anything...

Goggle cached versions could show who was first perhaps.

Old May 28th 05, 04:31 PM
Alan Adrian

I personally see both sides of this...

Being that the internet started out as a bohemian place where everything was
free and people were encouraged to learn off each other, early web design
articles preached that it was right to "steal" ideas from other websites...
Anything to get the net looking good and growing...

I myself have cut and pasted, then altered to suit my needs, other websites
for my own personal (not for profit) use.

On the other hand, now that the Internet is a "place were people are
encouraged to try to get rich quick", and there are those who make a living
out of web design, and from their bought and paid for site designes..... I
can see how the originator of said website would be ****ed about the pretty
blatant theft.

I personally wouldn't do more than bitch at the offender, and as was
mentioned, take it as a compliment. But then I don't do websites (either
make or use) for money at the moment. And besides, I suck at it... =)

Al...