Canon Full Frame Sensor?

Old November 18th 07, 09:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Gary Kendrick

Default Canon Full Frame Sensor?

The Canon EOS 5D has been out for a while and I've heard lots of good
reviews about it. Has anyone heard whether or not Canon may be getting
ready to introduce a successor to the EOS 5D anytime soon?

They have the EOS 1Ds III and the EOS 5D some have suggested that the next
in the line would be called a EOS 6D. I think it should be the EOS 3D
account the EOS 3 in the Film camera could then have an equivalent digital
model.

I have hopes that Canon will not be long on a new full frame sensor
introduction but I was very disappointed with the EOS 40D but not for
reasons you might think. I think it's a great performing camera and I
almost decided to upgrade to it from my EOS 10D. My problem with the 40D is
the Nikon D300 seems to blow it out of the water on paper. The viewfinder
with almost 3 times the pixels, 12+ MP, two modes of focus in Live View mode
where Canon recommends you use manual. The Nikon is $500 more and that's
not chump change but the 10D was when I converted from my Nikon Film Cameras
and lens to come over to Canon which seemed was leading the way in the
digital market but today that position goes to either Nikon or Olympus it
seems.

That's writing a lot to just ask if someone has heard of a successor to the
EOS 5D.

Old November 18th 07, 10:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Charles[_2_]

The 5D MKII will be out in 2008.

Just my guess, based on past Canon model cycles.

Old November 18th 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Gary Kendrick wrote:

The Canon EOS 5D has been out for a while and I've heard lots of good
reviews about it. Has anyone heard whether or not Canon may be getting
ready to introduce a successor to the EOS 5D anytime soon?

I am sure someone at Canon has, but they ain't telling for
obvious reasons.

-Wolfgang
Old November 19th 07, 01:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
just bob

"Gary Kendrick" wrote in message
[...]

It will be coming in 2008 but if you think the $500 upgrade from the 40D
over the D300 is a bit much, the 5D replacement will be about the same as
the original 5D: $3200.

Old November 26th 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

On Nov 18, 3:13 pm, Wolfgang Weisselberg
wrote:
Gary Kendrick wrote:
The CanonEOS5Dhas been out for a while and I've heard lots of good
reviews about it. Has anyone heard whether or not Canon may be getting
ready to introduce a successor to theEOS5Danytime soon?

I am sure someone at Canon has, but they ain't telling for
obvious reasons.

-Wolfgang

Wolfgang,

The run of price drops on the 5D is a pretty strong indicator that
either there is a successor or an upgrade coming for the camera.
Combine that with the fact that I just bought mine makes it a near
sure thing. The main feature I'm betting on is a "Live View" feature.
My guess is the first quarter of '08.

Ed Roos, Fifty seven years of serious photography and still enjoying
even the misfires!