entry level digital SLR recommandation. nikon D50 or D40 or any other cameras.TIA

Old March 5th 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
jamie kim

Default entry level digital SLR recommandation. nikon D50 or D40 or any other cameras.TIA

saw a friend that has nikon D80 at a wedding reception and the
pictures were amazing. i am thinking about getting one too but don't
want to spend a fortune. i read that D40 and D50 have retty good
review that also fit my budget. i just need something that has take
great night time indoor pictures like at wedding receptions. what lens
and flash do you recommand for entry level phtographer? TIA
Old March 5th 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Adrian Boliston

"jamie kim" wrote in message

saw a friend that has nikon D80 at a wedding reception and the
pictures were amazing. i am thinking about getting one too but don't
want to spend a fortune. i read that D40 and D50 have retty good
review that also fit my budget. i just need something that has take
great night time indoor pictures like at wedding receptions. what lens
and flash do you recommand for entry level phtographer? TIA

There is quite a good article I've been reading on photo.net about entry
level dslr's.

http://www.photo.net/equipment/build...al-slr-system/

cheers adrian www.boliston.co.uk

Old March 6th 07, 12:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
dj_nme

Adrian Boliston wrote:
"jamie kim" wrote in message

saw a friend that has nikon D80 at a wedding reception and the
pictures were amazing. i am thinking about getting one too but don't
want to spend a fortune. i read that D40 and D50 have retty good
review that also fit my budget. i just need something that has take
great night time indoor pictures like at wedding receptions. what lens
and flash do you recommand for entry level phtographer? TIA

There is quite a good article I've been reading on photo.net about entry
level dslr's.

http://www.photo.net/equipment/build...al-slr-system/

cheers adrian www.boliston.co.uk

Digital Photography Review dpreview.com has reviews on most of the
digital cameras that are produced.
The D40 http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond40/
The D50 http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond50/
The D80 http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond80/

The only minus for the D40 seems to be that it has no lens motor in the
camera body, so AF-S and AF-I lenses will only work as manual focus lenses.
Apart from that, it looks like a lot of camera for the money.

The other alternative is to go off on your own and get a Canon XTi
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos400d/ or Pentax K100D
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxk100d/.
The K100 is "only" 6.1mp, but has a feature that requires
ultra-expensive lenses to be had with the Canon XTi: 'Shake Reduction'.
Any lens attached to the K100D can use the in-body antishake.
The Canon XTi, on the other hand has 10.1mp sensor.