Comet Machholz

Old January 2nd 05, 03:34 PM
Cynicor

Default Comet Machholz

Has anyone here tried to photograph this yet? If so, how did you do it?

Old January 2nd 05, 05:04 PM
Hils

Cynicor wrote

Has anyone here tried to photograph this yet? If so, how did you do it?

The best pictures I've seen so far are here. The author appears to use
mostly a Canon 10D, either with regular lenses or telescopes, on a
driven equatorial mount.

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/comets/machholz.html

--
Hil

Old January 2nd 05, 06:17 PM
Toomas

http://www.ursa.fi/~koski/solarsys/c2004q2/index.html

And I have seen beter but can't find URL at moment

"Hils" wrote in message =
Cynicor wrote
=20
Has anyone here tried to photograph this yet? If so, how did you do =

it?=20
=20

Old January 3rd 05, 07:55 AM
Eric Schreiber

Hils wrote:

The best pictures I've seen so far are here.
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/comets/machholz.html

Thanks for that link - I've been going out the last several clear
nights just trying to see it (with cheap binoculars). Now I know that I
have been looking at the right thing, though it's been very hard to
make out.

Come January 7 & 8, as it passes near the Sisters (I can always find
them), I plan on driving out into the boonies a bit and trying to take
some photos of it myself. Assuming good weather, which is never a safe
assumption here in northern Illinois.

--
Eric Schreiber
www.ericschreiber.com