Migrating FROM Lightroom Classic

Old September 2nd 20, 01:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Joe Makowiec

Default Migrating FROM Lightroom Classic

Has anybody migrated from Adobe Lightroom Classic to some other software?
I'm specifically most interested in how the catalog transferred, and
particularly keywords and GPS. I have solidly into 5 digits worth of
pictures cataloged from 20 years or so of shooting digital, and I'd hate
to have to redo that work.

From what I can see, On1 and Capture 1 are the main candidates, with
DigiKam being an outisde possibility.

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/
Old September 2nd 20, 02:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Sep 2, 2020, Joe Makowiec wrote
(in 6.35.198):

Has anybody migrated from Adobe Lightroom Classic to some other software?
I'm specifically most interested in how the catalog transferred, and
particularly keywords and GPS. I have solidly into 5 digits worth of
pictures cataloged from 20 years or so of shooting digital, and I'd hate
to have to redo that work.

From what I can see, On1 and Capture 1 are the main candidates, with
DigiKam being an outisde possibility.

I have bought On1, Capture One 20, Luminar, and Exposure X5. I have used them as standalone apps, and with the exception of Capture One, as Lightroom/PS plugins. I have found, that all of them are very capable as editing software. However, while workable, when it comes to their capability as asset managers none of them match the capability of Lightroom. So for me I continue to use a Lightroom/PS workflow, and occasionally use the NIK, On1, Luminar, and Exposure X5 plugins.

With a large Lightroom catalog there is little but frustration, and a time investment to fully convert to any of the other offerings. If you were just starting out and wanted to avoid all things Adobe, that would be very different.

Savageduck

Old September 4th 20, 11:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Joe Makowiec

On 02 Sep 2020 in rec.photo.digital, Savageduck wrote:

I have bought On1, Capture One 20, Luminar, and Exposure X5. I have
used them as standalone apps, and with the exception of Capture One,
as Lightroom/PS plugins. I have found, that all of them are very
capable as editing software. However, while workable, when it comes
to their capability as asset managers none of them match the
capability of Lightroom. So for me I continue to use a Lightroom/PS
workflow, and occasionally use the NIK, On1, Luminar, and Exposure
X5 plugins.

With a large Lightroom catalog there is little but frustration, and
a time investment to fully convert to any of the other offerings. If
you were just starting out and wanted to avoid all things Adobe,
that would be very different.

Thanks, 'Duck. That's kind of what I was afraid of. I guess I have some
experimentation to do.