Apple Support Communities

Old March 20th 18, 04:59 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
David B.[_2_]

Default Apple Support Communities

"Welcome to Apple Support Communities"

Do *YOU* help folk asking questions there?

--

"We hope you’ve brought your Apple product questions! We’re here to help
you find answers and advice from community members around the world. Get

https://discussions.apple.com/community/tutorials

"This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is
for informational purposes only. Apple may provide or recommend
every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the
conversations captured in an electronic forum and Apple can therefore
provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the
community forums. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts,
omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related
to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this
site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use."

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-5952

--
David B.
Old March 20th 18, 07:31 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Király

In comp.sys.mac.apps David B. wrote:
"Welcome to Apple Support Communities"

Do *YOU* help folk asking questions there?

I used to spend a lot of time there, answering people's questions and
reading a bunch of other threads. It really helped me learn a lot
about how my Mac works.

Nowadays I only go there when trying to troubleshoot something, and if I
see someone asking something I know the answer to, I still answer.

--
K.

Connection closed by foreign host.
Old March 20th 18, 07:54 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Ant

Once in a while. It would be nice if we had official Apple in there too.
I use these newgroups, Apple's official forums, and Reddit's.

[...]

Quote of the Week: "For example, the tiny ant, a creature of great
industry, drags with its mouth whatever it can, and adds it to the heap
which she is piling up, not unaware nor careless of the future."
--Horace, Satires, Book I, I, 33.
/\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org
/ /\ /\ \ Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail privately. If credit-
| |o o| | ing, then please kindly use Ant nickname and URL/link.
\ _ /
( )
Old March 21st 18, 09:04 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
David B.[_2_]

On 20/03/2018 18:31, Király wrote:
In comp.sys.mac.apps David B. wrote:
"Welcome to Apple Support Communities"

Do *YOU* help folk asking questions there?

I used to spend a lot of time there, answering people's questions and
reading a bunch of other threads. It really helped me learn a lot
about how my Mac works.

Nowadays I only go there when trying to troubleshoot something, and if I
see someone asking something I know the answer to, I still answer.

Thanks, Király.

I elicited some interesting answers he-

https://discussions.apple.com/messag...rt=30&tstart=0

--
David B.
aka HunterBD

Old March 21st 18, 09:11 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
David B.[_2_]

On 20/03/2018 18:54, Ant wrote:
Once in a while. It would be nice if we had official Apple in there too.
I use these newgroups, Apple's official forums, and Reddit's.

My understanding is that the 'moderation' of the ASC *is* carried out by
Apple employees and that they will sometimes also contribute to a thread
(showing an apple logo alongside their name to identify themselves).

I'm not really familiar with Reddit. Do you enjoy it there?

I've had a quick skim he-

https://gizmodo.com/reddit-is-tearin...art-1789406294

--
David B.
Old March 21st 18, 09:46 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.apps
gtr

On 2018-03-21 20:11:46 +0000, David B. said:

On 20/03/2018 18:54, Ant wrote:
Once in a while. It would be nice if we had official Apple in there too.
I use these newgroups, Apple's official forums, and Reddit's.

My understanding is that the 'moderation' of the ASC *is* carried out
by Apple employees and that they will sometimes also contribute to a
thread (showing an apple logo alongside their name to identify
themselves).

I'm not really familiar with Reddit. Do you enjoy it there?

I've had a quick skim he-

https://gizmodo.com/reddit-is-tearin...art-1789406294

Google reddit and fake news; they've provided plenty.

Old March 22nd 18, 12:06 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.apps
David B.[_2_]

Old March 22nd 18, 02:35 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Ant

Yes. I read http://reddit.com/r/apple, http://reddit.com/r/ios, http://reddit.com/r/mac,
http://reddit.com/r/macos, etc. for Apple ones.
Old March 22nd 18, 09:22 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
David B.[_2_]

On 20/03/2018 18:54, Ant wrote:
Once in a while. It would be nice if we had official Apple in there too.
I use these newgroups, Apple's official forums, and Reddit's.

My understanding is that the 'moderation' of the ASC *is* carried out by
Apple employees and that they will sometimes also contribute to a thread
(showing an apple logo alongside their name to identify themselves).

I'm not really familiar with Reddit. Do you enjoy it there?

Yes. I read http://reddit.com/r/apple, http://reddit.com/r/ios, http://reddit.com/r/mac,
http://reddit.com/r/macos, etc. for Apple ones.

Thank you. :-) I will explore later.

I have /tried/ to help others, but it's not always easy!

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8317699

--
David B.
(Aka HunterBD)

Old March 23rd 18, 12:04 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Ant

On 20/03/2018 18:54, Ant wrote:
Once in a while. It would be nice if we had official Apple in there too.
I use these newgroups, Apple's official forums, and Reddit's.

My understanding is that the 'moderation' of the ASC *is* carried out by
Apple employees and that they will sometimes also contribute to a thread
(showing an apple logo alongside their name to identify themselves).

I'm not really familiar with Reddit. Do you enjoy it there?

Yes. I read http://reddit.com/r/apple, http://reddit.com/r/ios, http://reddit.com/r/mac,
http://reddit.com/r/macos, etc. for Apple ones.

Thank you. :-) I will explore later.

I have /tried/ to help others, but it's not always easy!

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8317699

Yup. Technical support isn't easy.