Please recommend a book on ad photography & image editing

Old March 2nd 05, 08:40 PM
Olek

Default Please recommend a book on ad photography & image editing

Hi All!
I'm looking for a good book on photographic and image editing techniques
used by advertisement agencies. You know, all these tips & tricks and secret
stuff that normally nobody tells you about, such as using glass bricks
instead of real lumps of ice in coca-cola commercials, etc.

Could you please recommend something?
I'd appreciate some links to amazon.com or similiar bookstores.
TIA

Old March 2nd 05, 08:54 PM
Keith Jones

"Olek" wrote in message
Hi All!
I'm looking for a good book on photographic and image editing techniques
used by advertisement agencies. You know, all these tips & tricks and

secret
stuff that normally nobody tells you about, such as using glass bricks
instead of real lumps of ice in coca-cola commercials, etc.

Could you please recommend something?
I'd appreciate some links to amazon.com or similiar bookstores.
TIA

Try this one :
Professional Secrets of Advertising Photography
by Paul Markow It's not too expensive - qaround $18 I think.
If you go to www.amazon.com and enter Advertising Photography in the search
box you'll find several more.
(I have links to Amazon with their best sellers on my website )-
www.fotos4web.com

You could also try looking at Ebay and there's a big selection of books
there.
Did you know that most shots of Ice Cream are actually Mashed Potato - Ice
cream melts too quickly ...
Best Wishes,
Keith Jones

Old March 2nd 05, 08:57 PM
Owamanga

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 21:40:37 +0100, "Olek"
wrote:

Hi All!
I'm looking for a good book on photographic and image editing techniques
used by advertisement agencies. You know, all these tips & tricks and secret
stuff that normally nobody tells you about, such as using glass bricks
instead of real lumps of ice in coca-cola commercials, etc.

Eh? How do they make glass bricks float?

Wouldn't acrylic be a better material?

--
Owamanga!
Old March 2nd 05, 09:13 PM
Olek

Try this one :
Professional Secrets of Advertising Photography
by Paul Markow It's not too expensive - qaround $18 I think.

Great, thanks! :-))
And if you were to recommend sth on image editing in this field?
You know, techniques for curving eyelashes, softening the skin, and
generally everything good artists do to enhance ad photos on computers.

Old March 2nd 05, 09:35 PM
Jim Waggener

"Olek" wrote in message
Try this one :
Professional Secrets of Advertising Photography
by Paul Markow It's not too expensive - qaround $18 I think.

Great, thanks! :-))
And if you were to recommend sth on image editing in this field?
You know, techniques for curving eyelashes, softening the skin, and
generally everything good artists do to enhance ad photos on computers.

If you have Photoshop..."The Photoshop CS Book for digital Photographers"
by Scott Kelby is excellent. Lots of tips for fashion photography there.

JimW

Old March 2nd 05, 09:49 PM
Owamanga

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 16:35:23 -0500, "Jim Waggener"
wrote:

"Olek" wrote in message
Try this one :
Professional Secrets of Advertising Photography
by Paul Markow It's not too expensive - qaround $18 I think.

Great, thanks! :-))
And if you were to recommend sth on image editing in this field?
You know, techniques for curving eyelashes, softening the skin, and
generally everything good artists do to enhance ad photos on computers.

If you have Photoshop..."The Photoshop CS Book for digital Photographers"
by Scott Kelby is excellent. Lots of tips for fashion photography there.

Although I haven't read it yet, a pal of mine bought it recently and
made the same recommendation. (not the fashion bit, just general
photography + photoshop).

Book #2 on this list:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...DScott%20Kelby

--
Owamanga!

Old March 2nd 05, 10:31 PM
Keith Jones

I'd look through the photo magazine sites - they often have great tutorials.
Try www.dcmag.co.uk
but my personal favourite for almost any problem is www.ephotozine.com
who have really good tutorials on all kinds of things - like photoshop
tutorials,lighting etc AND you can put up your own free gallery there -
astonishingly high standard of work on display - I was most impressed.
Best Wishes
Keith