Check out the comments on dust from this poster

Old March 18th 07, 09:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

Default Check out the comments on dust from this poster

Saw this on Dpreview.com:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=22482887

Are you "anti-dust control system" types suuurreee the that they
aren't needed?

Old March 18th 07, 10:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

Ha ha, so this guy that has posted exactly once on DP Review is the font of
all knowledge, explains a lot about you Rich.

oups.com...

Old March 18th 07, 11:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Scott W

On Mar 17, 10:59 pm, "RichA" wrote:
Saw this on Dpreview.com:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=22482887

Are you "anti-dust control system" types suuurreee the that they
aren't needed?

It has been 9 months since I cleaned our 20D and 350D and still not
dust that is a problem. This may be because I rarely shoot slower
then f/16. I use Prime lenses a fair bit so I am always changing
lenses and I do this on the beach, and still no dust problems. Why
some people seem to have so much trouble is a bit of a mystery.

Scott

Old March 18th 07, 05:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tom Ross

On 18 Mar 2007 01:59:05 -0700, "RichA" wrote:

Saw this on Dpreview.com:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=22482887

Are you "anti-dust control system" types suuurreee the that they
aren't needed?

I am a little suspicious of a woman who "makes her living as
photography [sic]" having problems like this. I'm even more suspicious
of a professional who doesn't know how to avoid, minimize, and correct
a problem like this.

I also have to wonder why she chose the E-500 instead of the Canon
400D/Rebel XTi. Nothing againts the E-500, but changing platforms is
pretty drastic. And her set of Oly lenses is a strange choice for a
professional.

You have a bigger problem with dust in the cameras you don't own than
I have with the Rebel that I've been shooting for three years. In that
time I have had to clean the sensor only once. I took a "dust" shot
just yesterday, and I didn't see anything worth messing with.

TR
Old March 18th 07, 06:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

On Mar 18, 4:58 am, "Pete D" wrote:
Ha ha, so this guy that has posted exactly once on DP Review is the font of
all knowledge, explains a lot about you Rich.

No, but he has two camera systems, one of which could clearly benefit
from an anti-dust system.
This isn't the first time we've read about Canons being dust-
magnates. The post seemed genuine enough,
so why call the guy a liar?

Old March 18th 07, 06:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

On Mar 18, 12:40 pm, "Phil K" wrote:
Pete--RichA is a lonely person, living in his mother's basement and has
nothing to do. Someday, he will get his hands out of his pants and he will
buy a camera.

What camera would you suggest? What do you own?

Old March 18th 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

On Mar 18, 11:20 am, Tom Ross wrote:
On 18 Mar 2007 01:59:05 -0700, "RichA" wrote:

Saw this on Dpreview.com:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=22482887

Are you "anti-dust control system" types suuurreee the that they
aren't needed?

I am a little suspicious of a woman who "makes her living as
photography [sic]" having problems like this. I'm even more suspicious
of a professional who doesn't know how to avoid, minimize, and correct
a problem like this.

So, given the camera doesn't have dust-control internally, what would
you suggest to avoid dust, a changing bag for lenses like changing
film in cassettes of a large-format camera?

Old March 18th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

"RichA" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 18, 4:58 am, "Pete D" wrote:
Ha ha, so this guy that has posted exactly once on DP Review is the font
of
all knowledge, explains a lot about you Rich.

No, but he has two camera systems, one of which could clearly benefit
from an anti-dust system.
This isn't the first time we've read about Canons being dust-
magnates. The post seemed genuine enough,
so why call the guy a liar?

Never did I call this guy a liar, I I merely pointed out that your
assosiation with him makes you the worlds stupidist man, either that or you
actually made that post on DP Review just to make some sort of idiot point
and that would make you a dirty lying scumbag idiot, probably makes me
equally an idiot for even replying to such a stupid post.

Old March 18th 07, 08:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

"RichA" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 18, 11:20 am, Tom Ross wrote:
On 18 Mar 2007 01:59:05 -0700, "RichA" wrote:

Saw this on Dpreview.com:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=22482887

Are you "anti-dust control system" types suuurreee the that they
aren't needed?

I am a little suspicious of a woman who "makes her living as
photography [sic]" having problems like this. I'm even more suspicious
of a professional who doesn't know how to avoid, minimize, and correct
a problem like this.

So, given the camera doesn't have dust-control internally, what would
you suggest to avoid dust, a changing bag for lenses like changing
film in cassettes of a large-format camera?

The first DSLR I bought has still only ever been blown out with a Hurricane
Bulb, nothing else has ever been requiered and that has included several
extended trips into the Australian desert.