Scanners

Old February 13th 05, 10:01 PM
Matthew Spivey

Default Scanners

Does any one use a scanner to scan negs, I have looked at a conon scanner
which claims to edit and repair before you see the image????

Old February 14th 05, 12:45 AM
David H. Lipman

Did you miss reading this NG's FAQ posted just hours before your post ?

Subject: [charter] rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

I'll recap the pertinent clause...

What Is Considered Off-Topic:

- Discussion of scanners

In addition, this is a Digital only News Group. We don't deal with photographic negatives.

--
Dave

Old February 14th 05, 05:52 PM
Alan Browne

Matthew Spivey wrote:

Does any one use a scanner to scan negs, I have looked at a conon scanner
which claims to edit and repair before you see the image????

Various film scanners have functions such as ICE which add an infrared channel
to detect dust and scratches and 'fill in'.

Here is a really badly scratched scanned negative. Point at it with you mouse
to see the ICE'd version.
http://www.aliasimages.com/ScanScratch.htm

Old February 14th 05, 06:01 PM
Alan Browne

David H. Lipman wrote:

In addition, this is a Digital only News Group.

news:comp.periphs.scanners is the place to go.