Does the Apple iTunes app store have the basic free app capability to snap time-delayed screenshots & automatically save the snapshot results?

Old March 13th 20, 04:22 PM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.photo.digital
Arlen Holder[_3_]

Default Does the Apple iTunes app store have the basic free app capability to snap time-delayed screenshots & automatically save the snapshot results?

*Does the Apple iTunes app store have the basic free iOS app capability to*
*take time-delayed screenshots & automatically save the snapshot results*?

Given this fundamental basic modern snapshot capability exists on all the
other common consumer platforms, I'd simply like to add up-to-date modern
screenshot functionality to my non-jailbroken iOS iPads (given I document
my tutorials extremely well with well-annotated temporal screenshots).

Searching for the answer, this Apple support page ignores the functionality
o Take a screenshot on your iPhone
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200289

This useful modern basic screenshot functionality is also not listed he
o How to screenshot your iPhone
https://www.imore.com/screenshot-iphone

This modern basic iOS screenshot functionality is not shown he
o How to take a screenshot on an iPad (any generation)
https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-take-a-screenshot-ipad/

The modern iOS screenshot delay feature is covered here, but only barely:
o IOS Screenshot Delay
https://stackanswers.net/questions/ios-screenshot-delay
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2200736/how-to-take-a-screenshot-programmatically-on-ios

It was a long-sought after feature request he
o feature request: it would be nice to have a delayed screenshot option
https://github.com/onesky/auto-screenshot-ios/issues/3

Even this (older) article on jailbroken iOS devices doesn't implement it:
o ScreenshotXI brings iOS 11-like screenshot functions to jailbroken devices
https://www.idownloadblog.com/2017/08/25/screenshotxi/

There are crazy hacks to work around the lack of modern iOS features:
o Is it possible to take a delayed or timed screenshot on my iPhone?
https://www.reddit.com/r/ios/comments/9ygh7u/is_it_possible_to_take_a_delayed_or_timed/

Where the crazy workarounds to the lack of modern iOS functionality abound:
o How to delay screen capture for iOS
https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/7585

Since most of you use iOS more than I do (the iPads are just toys to me
since iOS lacks tons of modern basic functionality on all other common
consumer platforms but iOS), I ask anyone here who knows more than I do the
simple adult question:

Old March 13th 20, 09:22 PM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.photo.digital
Scott Schuckert

In article , Arlen Holder
wrote:

*Does the Apple iTunes app store have the basic free iOS app capability to*
*snap time delayed screenshots & automatically save the snapshot results*?

Dunno, I've been using Apple products for 35 years, and I've never
thought to look for this "basic capability."

Wait - are you really asking if the STORE does that? Or do you mean the
OS or some specific application?
Old March 14th 20, 02:16 AM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.photo.digital
Arlen Holder[_3_]

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 17:22:09 -0400, Scott Schuckert wrote:

*Does the Apple iTunes app store have the basic free iOS app capability to*
*snap time delayed screenshots & automatically save the snapshot results*?

Dunno, I've been using Apple products for 35 years, and I've never
thought to look for this "basic capability."

Wait - are you really asking if the STORE does that? Or do you mean the
OS or some specific application?

Hi Scott Schuckert,

*The question is how to get modern functionality on iOS for snapshots*.

Your question is akin to someone who has never done his brakes in his
entire life, asking why on earth would anyone need a 20-inch caliper!
http://s1.bild.me/bilder/110417/9335528drum_brakes_2.jpg

It's akin to you asking someone who fixes electronics, why on earth he
would ever need a soldering iron and flux.

Or why on earth would he ever need something as useful as an oscilloscope.

If all you use iOS for is as a toy to play games, then, sure, you have
absolutely zero need for _any_ modern app functionality whatsoever.
https://i.postimg.cc/FRPJn9Dr/screenshot06.jpg

And yet, there _are_ people who want to use iOS not just as a play toy.
o To snapshot for detailed tutorials requires modern app functionality.
https://i.postimg.cc/L5TQWgGq/screenshot02.jpg

This modern functionality is on all other common consumer platforms
https://i.postimg.cc/fbmKF09w/screenshot04.jpg

*I'm simply asking whether this modern functionality is on iOS yet*?
https://i.postimg.cc/P5ys1Hn0/screenshot07.jpg

Clearly all other common platforms have this modern basic functionality.
https://i.postimg.cc/nrRY7461/screenshot05.jpg

*The only question is whether iOS has this basic modern functionality*?
https://i.postimg.cc/7YNyvfSn/screenshot01.jpg

If all iOS is good for is to play games, then, sure, it's "functional".
https://i.postimg.cc/CK8XgsHb/screenshot08.jpg

*The question is simply how to get modern iOS functionality for snapshots*.
--
Those who have never added value can't comprehend needs of those who do.
Old March 14th 20, 02:59 AM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.photo.digital
Arlen Holder[_3_]

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 17:22:09 -0400, Scott Schuckert wrote:

Wait - are you really asking if the STORE does that? Or do you mean the
OS or some specific application?

Hi Scott Shhuckert,

While the first half of your question is akin to asking why on earth do I
own tire balancing tools, simply because, in 35 years of owning vehicles,
"you" have never mounted and balanced your own tires and wheels...
https://i.postimg.cc/28JK2bFB/mount58.jpg

I forgot to answer your second adult question, which is to clarify why I
made sure that I had mentioned the iOS App Store in the subject line.

*The reason is that the Apple apologists _hate_ that iOS widely lacks even*
*the most basic of modern app functionality available on the iOS app store*
*so apologists incessantly brazenly _fabricate_ imaginary iOS functionality*

For example, apologists fabricate the imaginary functionality of the
ability for iOS to automatically record phone calls, or the ability for iOS
to organize the home screen how you want, or the ability for iOS to do
something as trivially simple as debug your Wi-Fi by graphing all available
access points over time, etc.
https://i.postimg.cc/hPyP1v4s/wifi.jpg

*Now if all you use iOS for is as a toy, then, of course, you don't need*
*this modern app functionality which is on all the other common platforms*.
https://i.postimg.cc/6QJqK6Cj/desktop02.jpg

If you use iOS only to play games, you have no need for modern functionality:
https://i.postimg.cc/yx4CgWYt/mikrotik-router-config.jpg

But if you actually want to use iOS to, oh, say, debug your Wi-Fi...
https://i.postimg.cc/DZccY2YD/decibels.jpg

Then, having this basic modern app functionality on iOS would be desirable.
https://i.postimg.cc/XJChDCPr/spare-access-points.jpg

Here, for example, is a screenshot showing my Internet travels six miles:
https://i.postimg.cc/VvqLKQtQ/wifi.jpg
At 24Mbps speeds:
https://i.postimg.cc/bNMMZ0Nv/wifi-speed.jpg
Where, unfortunately, I can't use the iPad in this picture to debug it:
https://i.postimg.cc/YqTk0q1T/ap.jpg
And where I can easily extend the Wi-Fi range of my computers for miles:
https://i.postimg.cc/Gh22Sb2N/desktop.jpg
But I am forced to use the other platforms to debug my Wi-Fi signal:
https://i.postimg.cc/25v3FT6S/debug-on-android.jpg
*Simply because iOs lacks this modern app functionality of other platforms*.

Sadly...

The amount of modern app functionality iOS lacks is utterly astounding.
o For anyone who uses iOS for more than just a toy to play games.

The apologists _hate_ that iOS lacks tons of basic modern functionality.

So what these apologists, like nospam incessantly claim, is they say that
iOS "has" the functionality simply because they claim you can write a
modern app yourself to do anything that you easily have on other platforms.

It's a game apologists play because they _hate_ iOS lacks modern apps.

Hence, I'm simply making it extremely clear in the question that I'm asking
if the desired modern functionality exists already, which means either it's
native on iOS, or it's available on the iOS app store.

I'm trying to ward off the apologists incessantly brazenly fabricating iOS
functionality that always proves to be imaginary app functionality.

Does this answer your adult question on why I mentioned the iOS App Store?
o If not, please ask for a clarification of what you need explained.
--
Those who have never added value can't comprehend actions of those who do.
Old March 14th 20, 06:38 AM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.photo.digital
Arlen Holder[_3_]

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 20:39:54 -0700, Alan Baker wrote:

Wow...

...you own a bubble balancer...

...worth about $40....

...and yet you still called a brake DRUM a "caliper"...

...a component that a drum brake vehicle doesn't even have.

Hi Alan Baker,

You apologists scare the hell out of me.
o Seriously.

Everything you wrote in this thread scares me that people like you exist.

FACT 1:
o *You are extremely confident you know the difference between a caliper & a drum*
(even _after_ I provided a picture of a caliper!)
FACT 2:
o *You brazenly deny basic Android functionality exists that clearly exists*
(even _after_ I provided screenshots of the functionality on Android!)
FACT 3:
o *You brazenly claim all facts you simply don't like, are "lies"*
(which is the apologists' way of maintaining imaginary belief systems!)

It wouldn't be so bad you apologists prove to be fantastically ignorant
o If you weren't so confident of your purely imaginary belief systems!

Every time you post, I have to shake my head in abject fear for the human
race that you apologists can be that utterly fantastically immune to facts.

You repeatedly loudly proclaim _I_ don't know a caliper from a drum.
o I shake my head, in abject disbelief that you're _that_ immune to facts.

Alan... Do you have _any_ clue what a "caliper" is?
o No?

Really?
o Even after I posted an actual picture of a caliper?

You're _that_ immune to facts you deny I posted a picture of a caliper?
o And yet, you loudly claim _I_ don't know what a caliper is?

You apologists are _perfect_ Dunning & Kruger examples, Alan Baker.
o You're supremely confident in your abject ignorance.

It's even worse that you loudly proclaim Android doesn't even have the
tools that Android clearly has, which is classic Apologists' behavior.

I posted screenshots of the Android capability that you brazenly deny.
o You apologists are _that_ ignorant of even the most basic facts.

Why do you apologists brazenly deny what everyone knows to be a fact?
o I don't know why.

I think you _hate_ so much that iOS can't do the simplest of things that
you then turn your brain off, and proclaim all facts that don't fit into
your wholly imaginary belief system, are lies by liars.

You're like an ignorant fifth grade bully who thinks he knows everything
and yet, when you're told multiple times the simple fact that Santa Claus
is just a figment of marketing, you claim
"*Liar liar, pants on fire*

Like flat earthers...

By immediately ignoring any & all facts, you maintain imaginary beliefs.
o Clearly you've proven in this thread to be fantastically immune to facts.

FACT 1:
o *You are extremely confident you know the difference between a caliper & a drum*
(even _after_ I provided a picture of a caliper!)
FACT 2:
o *You brazenly deny basic Android functionality exists that clearly exists*
(even _after_ I provided screenshots of the functionality on Android!)
FACT 3:
o *You brazenly claim all facts you simply don't like, are "lies"*
(which is the apologists' way of maintaining imaginary belief systems!)

No wonder you apologists always prove to be fantastically immune to facts.
--
Adults are supposed to be able to form their belief systems based on facts!
Old March 14th 20, 07:36 AM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.photo.digital
Arlen Holder[_3_]

For the permanent Usenet record on this simple factual question:
Q: Is there an iOS app that imparts modern snapshot functionality or not?

As an adult, and as a courtesy to other adults on this ng, I do not reply
to the incessant childish response by apologists who instantly and brazenly
claim all facts they simply don't like are, in their mind, "lies by liars".

Why do apologists always claim all facts are lies?
o I don't know why.

Perhaps, just like flat earthers do...
o By claiming all facts are lies, it allows apologists to remain ignorant.

Yet, the facts are clear to all adults...

When apologists' instant response to facts is to deny facts as "lies"...
o Then adults realize it's how apologists maintain their imaginary beliefs.

It's as if they're fifth-grade bullies told for the first time Santa Claus,
the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy aren't real.

Their instant innate deeply felt response is: "*Liar liar, pants on fire*!"
o Yet, I'm not really sure why apologists brazenly call all facts lies...

Perhaps apologists are like flat earthers who can only maintain their
imaginary belief system by being fantastically immune to facts, and the way
they remain utterly immune to facts is to simply instantly deny, on sight,
that facts outside their belief system exist.

Such as the facts this Alan Baker denied existed in this very thread.
--
By denying all facts as lies, apologists maintain their imaginary beliefs
Old March 14th 20, 07:26 PM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.photo.digital
Arlen Holder[_3_]

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 07:13:58 -0400, Scott Schuckert wrote:

The only use for a DELAYED screenshot I've ever encountered is in the
preparation of instructional materials. Occasionally, there will be
something happening on screen (a modal dialogue, for instance) that
will prevent you from triggering a screen capture.

Hi Scott Schuckert,

Wow. Thank you for being an _adult_ in your response, even as the question
remains unanswered to date, of whether there's an app available on the App
Store that adds this basic modern snapshot functionality to iOS.

As a matter of policy, I don't respond to incessant childish apologists'
posts brazenly claiming all facts apologists simply don't like, are lies.

Why do the apologists claim all facts they don't like are lies?
o I don't know why.

I suspect apologists _hate_ that iOS so often proves to lack basic
functionality that they fabricate functionality that doesn't exist, or,
they brazenly deny that iOS is the only common platform that lacks even
this, one of the most basic of modern snapshot functionalities.

Hence I commend you for being an _adult_ in your response to the incessant
tediously repetitive "*Liar liar pants on fire*" responses to all facts
Alan Baker simply wishes to remain wholly ignorant of because he _hates_
facts about Apple that conflict with his imaginary belief system.

This is such a trivial function (usually addressed by a tiny bit of
scripting) that obsessing over it seems... obsessive.

Are you seriously saying that the only way to get even the most basic of
modern functionality on iOS, is that you have to 'script' a program?

Seriously?
o Are you really claiming that iOS is _that_ brain dead, Scott?

This fundamental fact is well known Scott Schuckert...
o I write many tutorials on Usenet (so many that even I can't count them),
o On the platforms I own, whether iOS, Android, Linux or Windows.

In those detailed tutorials, I annotate snapshots galore.
o You don't write tutorials galore perhaps - but I do.

Hence, I have the basic need of a modern snapshot tool on iOS.
o It's a basic modern functionality to ask of iOS.

The fact that _you_ don't write tutorials is fine, but claiming a delayed
snapshot functionality isn't a basic modern functionality on all other
platforms is not what an adult would do, in my opinion (and yet, that's
exactly what the apologists already did).

And, for the obsessee, I actually do my own brakes, have managed a
computer repair center, and own a (now somewhat dusty) oscilloscope.

The point was your claim, Scott, that _you_ never needed modern tools.

If, in 35 years of owning homes, someone has never done anything to the
home, then they wouldn't need even the most basic of tools such as a
screwdriver.

But you claiming that _nobody_ needs a screwdriver just because _you_ have
never done anything but play games on iOS, doesn't mean that a screwdriver
isn't basic functionality.

The fact that delayed snapshotting exists on all the other platforms is
enough proof that there are people who find the need for delayed snapshots.

BTW, was it as petrifyingly scary to you as it was to me that the
apologists were so confident that there wasn't a "caliper" in this photo?
http://s1.bild.me/bilder/110417/9335528drum_brakes_2.jpg

The reason I bring it up again is that it's indicative of how petrifyingly
scary these apologists are in that they're so sure of their ignorance.

The apologists are _that_ ignorant of facts, but worse, (far worse),
they're Dunning Kruger in that they're so extremely confident in their
ignorance.

It's why they're apologists, after all.

Anyway, the question remains, to date, wholly unanswered:
Q: *Does iOS have this basic modern snapshot capability, or not*?
--
Those who have done nothing are happy to use iOS as a mere worthless toy.
Old March 14th 20, 08:06 PM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.photo.digital
Arlen Holder[_3_]

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 00:54:10 -0700, Alan Baker wrote:

Android doesn't have it by default...

...so why is it so important in the first place?

What is it you cannot do with the existing, built-in screenshot (note
the correct term) functionality of iOS?

Hi Alan Baker,

The question remains unanswered:
Q: *Does the Apple App Store add this basic modern functionality, or not*?

Based on your post, may I ask you an adult question?
o Why do you incessantly brazenly claim all facts you don't like are lies?

Don't you realize that's a classic apologist' way of remaining ignorant?

Clearly Android _has_ this basic functionality on the various app stores.
o Just as clearly the question at hand is if the Apple App Store has it.

Why do you claim otherwise, Alan Baker?
o When only someone fantastically ignorant can state what you've stated.

Why do you incessantly prove to be shockingly petrifying ignorant?
o People like you, Alan Baker, literally scare me.

Living in the Silicon Valley, and working at startups for decades, I've
never met anyone as shockingly ignorant as you prove to be, Alan Baker.

All you apologists literally scare me with your proof of utter ignorance.

In addition to your shockingly ignorant claims about Android, even your
horrifyingly ignorant comments on the calipers scared the wits out of me
because I can't fathom someone as hideously stupid as you proved to be.

And yet... you're so extremely confident that you know what calipers are.
o And, you're so extremely confident that you know Android functionality.

Where the question remains unanswered:
Q: *Does the Apple App Store add this basic modern functionality, or not*?
--
I wonder if apologists realize how shockingly ignorant they prove to be?
Old March 16th 20, 04:02 AM posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.photo.digital
Arlen Holder[_3_]

On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 15:41:45 -0700, Alan Baker wrote:

I'm still waiting for the assumption you make in that question to be
supported.

The question remains unanswered:
Q: *Does the Apple App Store add this basic modern functionality, or not*?

Based on the facts presented in this thread to date...

The logical assumption we can likely make is that, yet again, iOS utterly
lacks even the most basic app functionality that is present on all the
other common consumer platforms for people who use iOS for more than just
playing games.

The sheer huge amount of app functionality _not_ on iOS, is shocking to
anyone who actually uses the operating system for more than just a toy.
--
Yet again, iOS proves to be a toy operating system, devoid of basic apps.