Nanny-state loving park a---holes ban tripods

Old January 19th 18, 01:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

Default Nanny-state loving park a---holes ban tripods

On 2018-01-18 01:24, RichA wrote:
I can see this in a crowded place like a museum, but a frigging park??! The U.S. has become such a litigious Hell-hole that everyone is terrified of the potential of any kind of accident. A nation of risk-takers and winners has become wussville.

https://petapixel.com/2018/01/16/zio...phy-workshops/

1. Seems to be limited to workshops. I get it: a gang of 10 people
blocking a trail with tripods would be a nuisance to others.

2. I've done Zion. Beautiful. Even hauled a 'blad, a dozen lenses and
2 tripods up to Angel's Landing. It was only 43°C so no sweat. Well,
you did sweat, but it evaporated quick. That trail and final climb up
Angels is no place for 10 - 12 people with tripods all at once.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hakfd5y57c...nding-Zion.jpg

Bring plenty of water.

--
“When it is all said and done, there are approximately 94 million
full-time workers in private industry paying taxes to support 102
Old January 19th 18, 05:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

On 2018-01-18 01:24, RichA wrote:
I can see this in a crowded place like a museum, but a frigging park??! The U.S. has become such a litigious Hell-hole that everyone is terrified of the potential of any kind of accident. A nation of risk-takers and winners has become wussville.

https://petapixel.com/2018/01/16/zio...phy-workshops/

1. Seems to be limited to workshops. I get it: a gang of 10 people
blocking a trail with tripods would be a nuisance to others.

2. I've done Zion. Beautiful. Even hauled a 'blad, a dozen lenses and
2 tripods up to Angel's Landing. It was only 43°C so no sweat. Well,
you did sweat, but it evaporated quick. That trail and final climb up
Angels is no place for 10 - 12 people with tripods all at once.

So, if some guy is out in the open, nowhere near any people (assuming the Marxists who run the parks even allow someone off "designated paths") will he not be allowed to use a tripod?

What part of groups (workshops) is giving you a comprehension challenge?

Old January 19th 18, 05:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jan 19, 2018, RichA wrote
(in ):

https://petapixel.com/2018/01/16/zio...ods-photograph
y-workshops/

1. Seems to be limited to workshops. I get it: a gang of 10 people
blocking a trail with tripods would be a nuisance to others.

2. I've done Zion. Beautiful. Even hauled a 'blad, a dozen lenses and
2 tripods up to Angel's Landing. It was only 43°C so no sweat. Well,
you did sweat, but it evaporated quick. That trail and final climb up
Angels is no place for 10 - 12 people with tripods all at once.

So, if some guy is out in the open, nowhere near any people (assuming the
Marxists who run the parks even allow someone off "designated paths") will he
not be allowed to use a tripod?

There are a few reasons why folks need to stick to the designated paths in
some National Parks.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...eath-20160609-
snap-story.html

https://nypost.com/2016/11/15/man-di...llowstone-hot-
spring/

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40292212

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...erfall-deaths-
witness-watched-in-horror-as-three-swept-away.html

http://www.uniondemocrat.com/localne...t-park-proves-
fatal

Savageduck

Old January 19th 18, 07:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 2018-01-18 01:24, RichA wrote:
I can see this in a crowded place like a museum, but a frigging
park??!* The U.S. has become such a litigious Hell-hole that everyone
is terrified of the potential of any kind of accident.* A nation of
risk-takers and winners has become wussville.

https://petapixel.com/2018/01/16/zio...phy-workshops/

1. Seems to be limited to workshops.* I get it: a gang of 10 people
blocking a trail with tripods would be a nuisance to others.

2. I've done Zion.* Beautiful.* Even hauled a 'blad, a dozen lenses and
2 tripods up to Angel's Landing.* It was only 43°C so no sweat.* Well,
you did sweat, but it evaporated quick.* That trail and final climb up
Angels is no place for 10 - 12 people with tripods all at once.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hakfd5y57c...nding-Zion.jpg

Bring plenty of water.

Your post reminded me of my much younger days. (I was about 22.) I
walked down the mule train path a bit more than half way to the bottom
of the Canyon and up again, the same day, carrying nothing but six
oranges. If I had brought a tripod, I might still be somewhere on that
trail.

--
PeterN
Old January 19th 18, 09:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

On 2018-01-19 13:33, PeterN wrote:

Your post reminded me of my much younger days. (I was about 22.) I
walked down the mule train path a bit more than half way to the bottom
of the Canyon and up again, the same day, carrying nothing but six
oranges. If I had brought a tripod, I might still be somewhere on that
trail.

Did the same. Mule **** every switchback at something over 40°C made me
retch.

Old January 19th 18, 11:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 19:32:59 -0500, Alan Browne

On 2018-01-18 01:24, RichA wrote:
I can see this in a crowded place like a museum, but a frigging park??! The U.S. has become such a litigious Hell-hole that everyone is terrified of the potential of any kind of accident. A nation of risk-takers and winners has become wussville.

https://petapixel.com/2018/01/16/zio...phy-workshops/

1. Seems to be limited to workshops. I get it: a gang of 10 people
blocking a trail with tripods would be a nuisance to others.

2. I've done Zion. Beautiful. Even hauled a 'blad, a dozen lenses and
2 tripods up to Angel's Landing. It was only 43°C so no sweat. Well,
you did sweat, but it evaporated quick. That trail and final climb up
Angels is no place for 10 - 12 people with tripods all at once.

That's where a drone might come in handy.

Old January 20th 18, 12:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jan 19, 2018, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

https://www.nps.gov/zion/learn/management/lawsandpolicies.htm

https://www.nps.gov/articles/unmanned-aircraft-in-the-national-parks.htm

https://www.nps.gov/orgs/aviationprogram/unmanned-aircraft-systems.htm

https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/management/filmpermit.htm

Old January 20th 18, 12:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

2. I've done Zion. Beautiful. Even hauled a 'blad, a dozen lenses and
2 tripods up to Angel's Landing. It was only 43C so no sweat. Well,
you did sweat, but it evaporated quick. That trail and final climb up
Angels is no place for 10 - 12 people with tripods all at once.

That's where a drone might come in handy.

except they're prohibited.

https://www.nps.gov/zion/learn/management/lawsandpolicies.htm
Use of remote-controlled equipment (including but not limited to
helicopters, drones, and other aircraft-based equipment) within Zion
National Park is prohibited.
Old January 20th 18, 03:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

On 2018-01-18 01:24, RichA wrote:
I can see this in a crowded place like a museum, but a frigging park??! The U.S. has become such a litigious Hell-hole that everyone is terrified of the potential of any kind of accident. A nation of risk-takers and winners has become wussville.

https://petapixel.com/2018/01/16/zio...phy-workshops/

1. Seems to be limited to workshops. I get it: a gang of 10 people
blocking a trail with tripods would be a nuisance to others.

2. I've done Zion. Beautiful. Even hauled a 'blad, a dozen lenses and
2 tripods up to Angel's Landing. It was only 43°C so no sweat. Well,
you did sweat, but it evaporated quick. That trail and final climb up
Angels is no place for 10 - 12 people with tripods all at once.

That's where a drone might come in handy.

Drones are banned in most parks. That's a good thing for several
reasons (peace and quiet mainly, and to some degree, safety).

Old January 20th 18, 04:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-01-19 16:53:18 +0000, Savageduck said:

On Jan 19, 2018, RichA wrote
(in ):

On 2018-01-18 01:24, RichA wrote:
[...]

If you are allowed to smoke, tobacco then you should be allowed to
enjoy the view from a cliff in a wilderness reservation...
--
teleportation kills