Does anyone sell on here

Old August 23rd 03, 03:54 AM
SwashBuckle

Default Does anyone sell on here

Just curious after monitoring this group for a while.

Does anyone sell their gear here and do they get good prices or the prices
asked.

I have a number of Nikon cameras that am looking at selling and usually or
was considering ebay again but is it worth loading them here.

swash

Old September 6th 03, 02:40 PM
Scott Wuerch

john chapman wrote:

Generally you will get better prices on ebay, in part because you have
a much larger audience. However, part of the higher price goes for
fees. Most buyers will check the going price on ebay prior to buying
anything here. However, if you are willing to go lower than ebay
prices, this is still a good place to sell. Also, the buyers have at
least minimal certification. OTOH, buyers here are probably more
serious and you might have fewer problems with buyers in terms of non
payers, etc.

Also, look into photo.net as a place to sell (or buy).

"

Dead on. I have purchased a number of items off this group over the years. But the people here are SERIOUS
photographers and most know exactly what they are looking for AND what it is worth. Too many times I have seen
stuff posted here at $10-20 over the retail price of a reputable used dealer who provides a warrantee. I'm
shopping these groups to find a quick deal. Not too many deals left here any more.

--
Scott Wuerch
Mind's Eye Photography

http://www.bestmindseyephoto.com

Computer problems..have you checked the loose nut directly in front of the keyboard?

Old September 7th 03, 08:34 PM
Lisa Horton

SwashBuckle wrote:

Just curious after monitoring this group for a while.

Does anyone sell their gear here and do they get good prices or the prices
asked.

I have a number of Nikon cameras that am looking at selling and usually or
was considering ebay again but is it worth loading them here.

I sell here. I don't sell on Ebay. If you price your item right, you
can sell it here. If you want to get more than what the item would
normally be worth, then Ebay is a better option.

I don't buy on Ebay either, but I do buy from here, regularly. I'm
looking for deals, so competing to see who will pay the highest price
just seems bass ackwards to me. I'd rather compete to see who can get
the lowest price out of a seller, me or me.

Just last week I sold a lens here, and bought a meter accessory that I'd
been wanting for years. I'd always wanted the accessory used, for no
more than 50% of the new price. I also made an offer on a slightly
overpriced item with unwanted accessories, but was turned down.

To sell here, I suggest checking first the KEH price for that item in
that condition. I think you can usually get 70-80% of the KEH price,
here. The spoiler is Ebay. So check Ebay next, looking at completed
auctions only. If the typical Ebay price is much lower than the KEH
price, you're going to face price pressure on that count.

Once you have an idea of what you should be able to get for the item,
you need to decide on a pricing strategy. The traditional strategy is
to post an "asking" price and be prepared to negotiate. With this
strategy, you should make your asking price enough above your "must get"
price to leave room to be negotiated down to your "must get" price. The
other strategy is to price the item at or near your "must get" price,
and list the price as "firm". For this to work though, your firm price
MUST be a reasonable price.

Lisa