HELP PC keeps on restarting when i dissconect my sony cam from PC (USB)

Old July 27th 06, 05:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default HELP PC keeps on restarting when i dissconect my sony cam from PC (USB)

Hello i need some help
I just bought the above cam and the only problem i have is that when i
disconnect the camera from the USB connection it just restarts the
whole system.

bit annoying so can someone please help me with this matter

D Gould

Old July 27th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rob-L

Are you using your PC's "Disconnect Hardware" feature?

I know with some cameras and other USB devices you actually have to
disconnect before unplugging, otherwise you can encounter problems. I also
know that some cameras have a setting that allow you to plug it in and
take it out with the need to use the PC's disconnect function. (The Nikon
D50 for instance)

Also, does your PC reboot when you unplug other USB devices?

Rob-L in L.V.

-------*

Old July 27th 06, 06:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

I know with some cameras and other USB devices you actually have to
disconnect before unplugging

I am aware of these things that you need to use the "remove safely"
feat. but i cannot see anything like that. When i connect the cam (
sony dsc p200 ) its cool. but when i turn the cam s power off or
remove the cable it goes to a black screen then just starts to boot up
again. I get a " you have reciverd from a serious error" do you want
to report. i do report it.

Also, does your PC reboot when you unplug other USB devices?

No i don't have this problem with any other USB device.

this is quite annoying.

Would be very gratefull for any help

d gould

-------

Old July 27th 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
bongo rule

oups.com...

Rob-L wrote:
Are you using your PC's "Disconnect Hardware" feature?

I know with some cameras and other USB devices you actually have to
disconnect before unplugging, otherwise you can encounter problems. I
also
know that some cameras have a setting that allow you to plug it in and
take it out with the need to use the PC's disconnect function. (The Nikon
D50 for instance)

Also, does your PC reboot when you unplug other USB devices?

Rob-L in L.V.

-------

i dont get that problem with the nikon D50, but thats a differant thing.

what operating system do you use.??

Old July 27th 06, 06:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Rob-L in L.V.

-------

i dont get that problem with the nikon D50, but thats a differant thing.

what operating system do you use.??

I use XP PRO SP1

also in update to the question of using the remove device safely.
i tryed that now and it dosent work. still doest the same thing

Old July 27th 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill Funk

On 27 Jul 2006 10:26:54 -0700, wrote:

Rob-L in L.V.

-------
: the next generation of web-newsreaders :
http://www.recgroups.com

i dont get that problem with the nikon D50, but thats a differant thing.

what operating system do you use.??

I use XP PRO SP1

also in update to the question of using the remove device safely.
i tryed that now and it dosent work. still doest the same thing

You can spend hours trying to track down what is an obscure problem
(which doesn't make it any less annoying), or use a workaround: a card
reader.
I'd go for the card reader.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Old July 27th 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

You can spend hours trying to track down what is an obscure problem
(which doesn't make it any less annoying), or use a workaround: a card
reader.
I'd go for the card reader.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"

Yeah was thinking that.
Would make sence.

Cheers

Old July 27th 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
bongo rule

wrote in message
oups.com...

Rob-L in L.V.

-------

i dont get that problem with the nikon D50, but thats a differant thing.

what operating system do you use.??

I use XP PRO SP1

also in update to the question of using the remove device safely.
i tryed that now and it dosent work. still doest the same thing

i dont know of anything that may help you
but hopefully someone on here can.

can you update through microsofts update site to SP2?

apart from that it sounds as though you have a conflict one one of your
IRQs.

Old July 27th 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

i dont know of anything that may help you
but hopefully someone on here can.

can you update through microsofts update site to SP2?

apart from that it sounds as though you have a conflict one one of your
IRQs.

I did mean to type SP2
Was just a typo

cheers

Old July 27th 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Daryl Bryant

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello i need some help
I just bought the above cam and the only problem i have is that when i
disconnect the camera from the USB connection it just restarts the
whole system.

bit annoying so can someone please help me with this matter

I suspect that you either have another USB device that's not compatible with
your camera or perhaps there's an update!

You can do what I call a device manager USB driver reboot!!

The procedure goes as follows: Assuming you're using Windows XP!

1st - right click on "My Computer" Scroll down to and click on "Manage"
Computer Management window pops up!

Next - Left click on "Device Manager" Scroll all the way down to "USB
Controllers" and "open" left click "+" You should see all of your USB
devices!

Next - Right click and uninstall each USB device!

Next - close your computer management screen and reboot your PC!

Your PC will then reboot/re-install all of your USB devices in the proper
IRQ, I/O Range settings!

--
Bing Bang Boom Viola Done!