Lytro - I have one!

Old September 19th 13, 05:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
otter

Default Lytro - I have one!

In other news from the Otter-man empire, I have a Lytro to play with!
It is only on loan from a friend. He won it as a prize and let me
borrow it, since he doesn't really use it.

Weird is not a strong enough word for this little box thing with no
knobs or dials. Where's my joystick??? It is about the size and shape
of a sleeve of golf balls. It looks like it could be a radar detector.
A camera is the last thing you'd think of.

Alas, it really is just a toy. Glad it didn't cost me anything. Well,
I was never going to buy one, anyway. Could be more interesting in a
few years, though. Not sure if Lytro will survive to pursue the
technology, but if they managed to sell the patents to the right camera
company...
Old September 19th 13, 05:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo [_3_]

On 09/18/2013 11:15 PM, otter wrote:
In other news from the Otter-man empire, I have a Lytro to play with! It
is only on loan from a friend. He won it as a prize and let me borrow
it, since he doesn't really use it.

Weird is not a strong enough word for this little box thing with no
knobs or dials. Where's my joystick??? It is about the size and shape
of a sleeve of golf balls. It looks like it could be a radar detector.
A camera is the last thing you'd think of.

Alas, it really is just a toy. Glad it didn't cost me anything. Well,
I was never going to buy one, anyway. Could be more interesting in a
few years, though. Not sure if Lytro will survive to pursue the
technology, but if they managed to sell the patents to the right camera
company...

Yeah, I bought one when they first came out...enjoyed fooling with it.

I liked it actually but passed it on to my daughter.

https://pictures.lytro.com/philo#
Old September 19th 13, 05:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
otter

On 9/18/2013 11:29 PM, philo wrote:
[...]

You took some interesting pictures with it! Just goes to show it is
always more about the photographer than the camera.

It helps to have weird friends, too.

Follow up to Lytro philo[_3_] Digital Photography 17 March 31st 12 03:08 PM
Lytro Dave Digital Photography 35 March 30th 12 12:34 PM
Lytro philo[_3_] Digital Photography 36 March 25th 12 10:46 PM
Inside the Lytro charles Digital Photography 1 March 1st 12 09:06 AM
Lytro philo[_3_] Digital Photography 16 November 1st 11 10:07 PM