which brand of replacement battery for canon NB-1L (or 1LH) is best?

Old December 25th 04, 06:51 PM
peter

Default which brand of replacement battery for canon NB-1L (or 1LH) is best?

While shopping for a replacement battery for an aging powershot S230, I
found non canon battery made by:

lenmar
delkin
maxell
sunpak
maha
vidpro
and no brand

The cheapest is a no brand selling for $4 apiece plus $5 shipping.

The priciest is vidpro NB1LH replacement selling for $26 apiece, which it
claims has 1200mAh

Most other brands' claim 770mAh and sell for around $14.

My main concern is that the battery doesn't explode in the camera. The
secondary concern is to get the best deal. Any suggestions?

Old December 26th 04, 04:02 PM
Nostrobino

"peter" wrote in message
While shopping for a replacement battery for an aging powershot S230, I
found non canon battery made by:

lenmar
delkin
maxell
sunpak
maha
vidpro
and no brand

The cheapest is a no brand selling for $4 apiece plus $5 shipping.

The priciest is vidpro NB1LH replacement selling for $26 apiece, which it
claims has 1200mAh

Most other brands' claim 770mAh and sell for around $14.

My main concern is that the battery doesn't explode in the camera. The
secondary concern is to get the best deal. Any suggestions?

I have no experience with that particular battery size, but I have bought
no-name Li-ion replacement batteries for my Canon, Pentax and Minolta
cameras on eBay, and so far all have worked fine with no explosions or other
bad surprises.

N.