What kind of dry-mount press?

Old January 26th 08, 04:09 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
David Nebenzahl

Default What kind of dry-mount press?

Saw a type of dry-mount press I'd never seen before at my local
recycled-goods place. It's definitely not a Seal, Inc. press, which is
the only type I've seen until now. This one has a larger frame, and in
addition to the heated platen and bed, there's an intermediate part with
a plastic sheet held between two rods that goes between the platen and
bed. The plastic is flexible but seem impervious. There's a large bolt
in the middle of the frame to adjust the pressure, and two lights, one
marked "HEAT", the other "AT TEMP", plus a temperature control.

Does anyone know what type of press this is and how this works? This one
seems to be in good working condition and not too much money.
Old January 27th 08, 03:48 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Joe

On Jan 25, 10:09 pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
Saw a type of dry-mount press I'd never seen before at my local
recycled-goods place. It's definitely not a Seal, Inc. press, which is
the only type I've seen until now. This one has a larger frame, and in
addition to the heated platen and bed, there's an intermediate part with
a plastic sheet held between two rods that goes between the platen and
bed. The plastic is flexible but seem impervious. There's a large bolt
in the middle of the frame to adjust the pressure, and two lights, one
marked "HEAT", the other "AT TEMP", plus a temperature control.

Does anyone know what type of press this is and how this works? This one
seems to be in good working condition and not too much money.

Bogen-Technal made one (I have one) but it should say so if thats what
it is. Mine doesnt have the plastic

Old January 28th 08, 03:19 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
[email protected]

On Jan 26, 9:48*pm, Joe wrote:
On Jan 25, 10:09 pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:

Saw a type of dry-mount press I'd never seen before at my local
recycled-goods place. It's definitely not a Seal, Inc. press, which is
the only type I've seen until now. This one has a larger frame, and in
addition to the heated platen and bed, there's an intermediate part with
a plastic sheet held between two rods that goes between the platen and
bed. The plastic is flexible but seem impervious. There's a large bolt
in the middle of the frame to adjust the pressure, and two lights, one
marked "HEAT", the other "AT TEMP", plus a temperature control.

Does anyone know what type of press this is and how this works? This one
seems to be in good working condition and not too much money.

Bogen-Technal made one (I have one) but it should say so if thats what
it is. Mine doesnt have the plastic

Sounds like this might be a T-shirt press.