5 dolares bill

Old May 20th 06, 02:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default 5 dolares bill

RW+/- wrote:
On Fri, 19 May 2006 22:17:32 GMT, Joseph Meehan wrote:

RW+/- wrote:
On Fri, 19 May 2006 17:57:59 GMT, Joseph Meehan wrote:

RW+/- wrote:
On Fri, 19 May 2006 15:31:20 GMT, Joseph Meehan wrote:

wrote:
Dear Fellow American,

As an American I resent the idea that somehow Mexicans coming
to the US to work are some sort of threat. Why do people fear
anything that is different?

To say something like this only shows you live in an area that you
do not think is affected yet, even though you are paying more
taxes today because of it.

It has nothing to do with anything being different, it has
everything to due with being illegal, or are you saying that laws
are for fools?

Tell me, have you ever been guilty of speeding or dropped a
piece of paper on the sidewalk?

Yes, and I never ran from the cops either, did you pick up my tab
for it? Did you offer me temporary housing? Did you offer to feed
me? Did you offer to pay all my medical bills? Have you ever
offered me a job and were going to pay all my costs related to that
job?

I can see nothing on that list that would automatically be
applicable to an illegal Mexican coming to the US to work.

And a "speeding ticket" is related? What I wrote is.

Are you willing to share your wife or girlfriend with me? On my
terms?

It appears you have a much bigger problem than just your fear of
non-Americans.

There is no fear and why you have some I'll not understand. They are
not an invited guest, they're interlopers who take and take, they
don't give back.

They are invited guest.. "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled
masses, yearning to breathe free. The wretched refuse
of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest tossed, to me"

They cost us billions, I'd much rather you and others of your ilk
would pay the costs and not harm my pocket book.

How did you come up with that number? Have you considered the
contributions they make?

Regarding my question, you want me to share what I have with others,
are you willing to do likewise?

No I doubt if you will share anything. However I am willing to share.
That is the way it has worked in the US since before your people come to the
US. How quickly some forget.

The economic costs to America are great! Has already caused
inflated housing prices, medical costs, loss of wages for
Americans, loss of jobs both skilled and unskilled, loss of life,
and a whole host of other things.

You sir, are an uniformed American.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Old May 20th 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Joseph Meehan wrote:
l v wrote:

Joseph Meehan wrote:

Bill Funk wrote:

On Fri, 19 May 2006 15:31:20 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

Dear Fellow American,

As an American I resent the idea that somehow Mexicans coming to
the US to work are some sort of threat. Why do people fear
anything that is different?

It's not Mexicans (or anyone else) coming here to work that's a
threat.
It's people coming here *ILLEGALLY* that's a threat.
Why can't you be honest, and admit that it's *ILLEGAL* immigration
that's being discussed?

Tell me, have you ever been guilty of speeding or dropped a
piece of paper on the sidewalk?

Yes and I've gotten speeding tickets and I've went back and picked up
the piece of paper that I've dropped.

Have you ever lied to someone?

Sure, but I never did so in a way that broke the law, although I have
broken the law as almost anyone has. So what is the real problem? Why are
those who come into the US illegally in order to get a job more of a problem
than someone who risks my life by breaking the speed limit or who cares so
little about the rest of the world that they dump their trash on the city
street?

It's not as simplistic as you are trying to make it. 5-10 mph over the
posted speed limit is not risking your life unless that speeder is
driving reckless. I suggest you have the passenger in your car take a
digital photo of that reckless driver (hey, just trying to tie it to
purpose of this news group somehow). What is a speed limit anyway?
Speed limits were set to a number to bring traffic deaths to an
acceptable number. Say you drive north of Columbus Ohio into the state
of Michigan, just because you crossed the state line you can now drive
70 mph vs 65. What made you a better and safer driver as you crossed
the state line?

"So what is the real problem?" you ask? I *hate* having 40% of my pay
going to people who do not have any right to my -- and your -- hard
earned money. I *hate* paying more for services to make up for the free
services that illegal immigrants think they deserve. I *hate* having
laws passed for illegal immigrants lobbied by illegal immigrants. They
have no rights in this country but seem to think they do. Become legal.
It's too bad that the waiting list is 18 years behind - so I'm told.

I think your not following the news close enough and I think you are
using the wrong news group for your education. How about you illegally
move into Mexico and see what rights you are entitled to.

I think this makes it pretty clear.
http://blahblahblog.wordpress.com/20...r-immigration/

Cheers
--

Len
Old May 20th 06, 03:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

RW+/- writes:

On Sat, 20 May 2006 01:40:00 GMT, Joseph Meehan wrote:

RW+/- wrote:
..

But they are not doing honest work,

In my experience they are doing honest work and more of it than many of
the people complaining.

How can it be honest? What part of illegal do you not understand?

they pay no taxes, no SS, they
work under the counter

Maybe that is because of the law???

Nope, it's bleeding hearts such as yourself that stop enforcement.

It's not *me* that stops enforcement; it's conservative interests that
stop enforcement -- hotel owners, restaurant owners, orchard and
"truck garden" farm owners. They make their living by paying people
way under minimum wage illegally, and they can't afford to have it
stopped.

And lots of them *do* pay SS and taxes. And they never get to claim
the tax refunds or collect the SS, either.
RKBA: http://www.dd-b.net/carry/
Old May 20th 06, 07:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

RW+/- writes:

On 19 May 2006 21:48:17 -0500, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

RW+/- writes:

On Sat, 20 May 2006 01:40:00 GMT, Joseph Meehan wrote:

RW+/- wrote:
..

But they are not doing honest work,

In my experience they are doing honest work and more of it than many of
the people complaining.

How can it be honest? What part of illegal do you not understand?

they pay no taxes, no SS, they
work under the counter

Maybe that is because of the law???

Nope, it's bleeding hearts such as yourself that stop enforcement.

It's not *me* that stops enforcement; it's conservative interests that
stop enforcement -- hotel owners, restaurant owners, orchard and
"truck garden" farm owners. They make their living by paying people
way under minimum wage illegally, and they can't afford to have it
stopped.

Those that do don't get my business. The Democrats in Calif stop
enforcement, as does the ACLU, and some republicans who speak out of both
sides of their mouth. The citizens of Calif passed many laws in regards to
how this should be handled, the Democratic gov't found various ways to
cancel them out. Similar events in other States as well. Odd that you
should call business "conservative" especially since most are not.

You're getting confused between the people who openly speak out
against some of the abuses in our behavior towards immigrants, mostly
on the liberal side (that being where all the protection of individual
rights, except RKBA rights, lives), and the people who work to
effectively prevent enforcement, mostly those that benefit financially
from employing illegals. Naturally they're mostly pretty quiet about
this. They want those people to be illegal, hence afraid and
vulnerable; but they want them to remain present. Hence, no amnesty,
but token gestures at enforcement to look good, but which will be
ineffective.
RKBA: http://www.dd-b.net/carry/
Old May 20th 06, 07:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
Naturally they're mostly pretty quiet about
this. They want those people to be illegal, hence afraid and
vulnerable; but they want them to remain present. Hence, no amnesty,
but token gestures at enforcement to look good, but which will be
ineffective.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, ,
http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/
RKBA: http://www.dd-b.net/carry/
Pics: http://dd-b.lighthunters.net/
http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/ Dragaera/Steven Brust:
http://dragaera.info/

Yep... This is definately an on-topic subject for digital photo group. NOT!

Old May 20th 06, 08:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Joseph Meehan wrote:

Why
are those who come into the US illegally in order to get a job more of a
problem

It's not the act of coming here illegally that's the problem. It's all the
illegal stuff they have to continue doing once they are here. Mainly it's
being paid in cash and not paying ANY income tax that causes the problems.
They can work for paid in cash "take home pay' which is much less that
legitimate workers (that are paying income tax and social security) have to
be paid before tax to have the same standard of living. If these illegals
were given a pay check with taxes taken out like everyone else, hiring them
wouldn't be -the deal- it is now. THAT is the problem. I'm all for making
them legal and also making them pay income tax like the rest of us do.

--

Stacey
Old May 20th 06, 08:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Joseph Meehan wrote:

I would rather have someone illegally enter the US to do honest work,
that someone who risks my life by speeding.

So working for cash and never paying any income tax is honest to you?

--

Stacey
Old May 20th 06, 09:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Shawn Hirn wrote:
In article ,
"Joseph Meehan" wrote:

wrote:
Dear Fellow American,

As an American I resent the idea that somehow Mexicans coming to the US
to work are some sort of threat. Why do people fear anything that is
different?

This is insane. Many people are all bent out of shape because some
Mexicans are pursuing a life of prosperity here in American by taking
low paying jobs that Americans refuse to do. These Mexican people work
hard for little pay and they are setting an example of what a strong
work ethic really is, yet these same Americans are completely silent on
the mass exodus of well paying jobs that are being outsourced to foreign
countries, even jobs to develop software and technology that our
military uses. Go figure!

I do see the problem of government services being stretched thin in some
areas by needy illegal Mexican immigrants. This is why our government
needs to develop a set of balls and start billing the Mexican government
and the employers of illegal immigrants to cover the cost of the social
services and other services their immigrant employees use.

Your suggestion is rational, and the mention of jobs going south is
really amusing, considering that my neighbor's job is going to Mexico in
September. Even MORE amusing, but sad, is that HE is Hispanic
(Mexican). BTW, he is NOT happy about this move. Visiting relatives
there annually is ok, but he doesn't want to LIVE, or WORK there.

The real problem is not people coming here to work, and have a better
life, but those who DON'T want to work, but want the better life our
economy provides, even for those who won't, or can't work. The solution
is to improve the economy of Mexico so that adequate economic
opportunity is available there. Meanwhile, we need to protect ourselves
by controlling the flow of illegals across our borders.
Those who are here, and can show they are working, and paying taxes,
should be given temporary status, and monitored. Should they become a
burden on the economy, they should be sent home. Moreover, children,
even if born here, of parents who are illegal, should NOT get US
citizenship.